Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to solve second order (polynomial) interpolation Post 302759129 by Corona688 on Monday 21st of January 2013 02:19:34 PM
Old 01-21-2013
What do you mean by polynomial interpolation?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

variable interpolation

I've become obsessed with trying to get this to work. As of yet, I am unable to figure it out. Unfortunately, I don't have Linux or UNIX available when I get home. Anyone have tips for me on how I can pass param1 to ID via use of COUNTER and loop? thx. LIMIT=6 param1="999999999" export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: egkumpe
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to solve some question about shell Script

Factorial calculation Example output: Please enter a non-negative number: 3 3! = 3 X 2 X 1 = 6 Please enter a non-negative number: 10 10! = 10 X 9 X 8 X 7 X 6 X 5 X 4 X 3 X 2 X 1 = 3628800 Please enter a non-negative number:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cenco
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to solve some question about shell Script

Factorial calculation Example output: Please enter a non-negative number: 3 3! = 3 X 2 X 1 = 6 Please enter a non-negative number: 10 10! = 10 X 9 X 8 X 7 X 6 X 5 X 4 X 3 X 2 X 1 = 3628800 Please enter a non-negative number: -1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cenco
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! SHELL or AWK script - only the masters of the forum will solve

Hello everybody! I have no experience with shell Programmer, but I need to compare 02 files. Txt and generate an output or a new file, after the comparisons. see: If the column 1 of file1 is equal to column 1 of file2, and column 3 of file2 contains the column 4 of file1, output: column1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: He2
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash or awk script to solve this problem

Hi everybody! I have written some awk scripts that return me some results I need to process. At the moment I use openOffice to process them, but I am trying to find a more efficient solution using possibly a bash or awk script. I have two files, file1 is in the format: time position ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alice236
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a bash script and tried very hard but i couldn't solve it please help

please can you help me with this script ( very very important ) what I'm trying is to write program that accepts list of user as its argument 1- If a user or more are given as arguments, the script should reset files permissions as follows: a. Directory ~/share to 750 (if it exists). b. All... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: testman84
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi ! whether it is possible to do interpolation in scripting...

Hi ! Experts... I just wanted to know whether it is possible in scripting...to do interpolation.... if so....have a look on my data file I need temperature and salinity value with a bin size of 0.5 m output looks somewhat like this dep temp sal 0.5 25 0.077 1 25 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve hang issue in script?

i have one function block in the beginning of my script and there are some commands inside that function which will perform some operations. And i am invoking that function from my main script by passing some values. Sometimes it is hanging in the middle for some value. For example: For 1st... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to solve query

Hi I have data in the below format in two columns in excel which i will copy to notepad. test as rec1, string test as rec2, byteint test as rec3, string update date as test, datetime name as tes2 string I need to add trim function on all the string columns and keep the remaining... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pisikar
10 Replies
math::interpolate(n)						 Tcl Math Library					      math::interpolate(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
math::interpolate - Interpolation routines SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl ?8.4? package require struct package require math::interpolate ?1.0.2? ::math::interpolate::defineTable name colnames values ::math::interpolate::interp-1d-table name xval ::math::interpolate::interp-table name xval yval ::math::interpolate::interp-linear xyvalues xval ::math::interpolate::interp-lagrange xyvalues xval ::math::interpolate::prepare-cubic-splines xcoord ycoord ::math::interpolate::interp-cubic-splines coeffs x ::math::interpolate::interp-spatial xyvalues coord ::math::interpolate::interp-spatial-params max_search power ::math::interpolate::neville xlist ylist x _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package implements several interpolation algorithms: o Interpolation into a table (one or two independent variables), this is useful for example, if the data are static, like with tables of statistical functions. o Linear interpolation into a given set of data (organised as (x,y) pairs). o Lagrange interpolation. This is mainly of theoretical interest, because there is no guarantee about error bounds. One possible use: if you need a line or a parabola through given points (it will calculate the values, but not return the coefficients). A variation is Neville's method which has better behaviour and error bounds. o Spatial interpolation using a straightforward distance-weight method. This procedure allows any number of spatial dimensions and any number of dependent variables. o Interpolation in one dimension using cubic splines. This document describes the procedures and explains their usage. PROCEDURES
The interpolation package defines the following public procedures: ::math::interpolate::defineTable name colnames values Define a table with one or two independent variables (the distinction is implicit in the data). The procedure returns the name of the table - this name is used whenever you want to interpolate the values. Note: this procedure is a convenient wrapper for the struct::matrix procedure. Therefore you can access the data at any location in your program. string name (in) Name of the table to be created list colnames (in) List of column names list values (in) List of values (the number of elements should be a multiple of the number of columns. See EXAMPLES for more information on the interpretation of the data. The values must be sorted with respect to the independent variable(s). ::math::interpolate::interp-1d-table name xval Interpolate into the one-dimensional table "name" and return a list of values, one for each dependent column. string name (in) Name of an existing table float xval (in) Value of the independent row variable ::math::interpolate::interp-table name xval yval Interpolate into the two-dimensional table "name" and return the interpolated value. string name (in) Name of an existing table float xval (in) Value of the independent row variable float yval (in) Value of the independent column variable ::math::interpolate::interp-linear xyvalues xval Interpolate linearly into the list of x,y pairs and return the interpolated value. list xyvalues (in) List of pairs of (x,y) values, sorted to increasing x. They are used as the breakpoints of a piecewise linear function. float xval (in) Value of the independent variable for which the value of y must be computed. ::math::interpolate::interp-lagrange xyvalues xval Use the list of x,y pairs to construct the unique polynomial of lowest degree that passes through all points and return the interpo- lated value. list xyvalues (in) List of pairs of (x,y) values float xval (in) Value of the independent variable for which the value of y must be computed. ::math::interpolate::prepare-cubic-splines xcoord ycoord Returns a list of coefficients for the second routine interp-cubic-splines to actually interpolate. list xcoord List of x-coordinates for the value of the function to be interpolated is known. The coordinates must be strictly ascending. At least three points are required. list ycoord List of y-coordinates (the values of the function at the given x-coordinates). ::math::interpolate::interp-cubic-splines coeffs x Returns the interpolated value at coordinate x. The coefficients are computed by the procedure prepare-cubic-splines. list coeffs List of coefficients as returned by prepare-cubic-splines float x x-coordinate at which to estimate the function. Must be between the first and last x-coordinate for which values were given. ::math::interpolate::interp-spatial xyvalues coord Use a straightforward interpolation method with weights as function of the inverse distance to interpolate in 2D and N-dimensional space The list xyvalues is a list of lists: { {x1 y1 z1 {v11 v12 v13 v14}} {x2 y2 z2 {v21 v22 v23 v24}} ... } The last element of each inner list is either a single number or a list in itself. In the latter case the return value is a list with the same number of elements. The method is influenced by the search radius and the power of the inverse distance list xyvalues (in) List of lists, each sublist being a list of coordinates and of dependent values. list coord (in) List of coordinates for which the values must be calculated ::math::interpolate::interp-spatial-params max_search power Set the parameters for spatial interpolation float max_search (in) Search radius (data points further than this are ignored) integer power (in) Power for the distance (either 1 or 2; defaults to 2) ::math::interpolate::neville xlist ylist x Interpolates between the tabulated values of a function whose abscissae are xlist and whose ordinates are ylist to produce an esti- mate for the value of the function at x. The result is a two-element list; the first element is the function's estimated value, and the second is an estimate of the absolute error of the result. Neville's algorithm for polynomial interpolation is used. Note that a large table of values will use an interpolating polynomial of high degree, which is likely to result in numerical instabilities; one is better off using only a few tabulated values near the desired abscissa. EXAMPLES
TODO Example of using the cubic splines: Suppose the following values are given: x y 0.1 1.0 0.3 2.1 0.4 2.2 0.8 4.11 1.0 4.12 Then to estimate the values at 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, ... 1.0, you can use: set coeffs [::math::interpolate::prepare-cubic-splines {0.1 0.3 0.4 0.8 1.0} {1.0 2.1 2.2 4.11 4.12}] foreach x {0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9 1.0} { puts "$x: [::math::interpolate::interp-cubic-splines $coeffs $x]" } to get the following output: 0.1: 1.0 0.2: 1.68044117647 0.3: 2.1 0.4: 2.2 0.5: 3.11221507353 0.6: 4.25242647059 0.7: 5.41804227941 0.8: 4.11 0.9: 3.95675857843 1.0: 4.12 As you can see, the values at the abscissae are reproduced perfectly. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category math :: interpolate of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
interpolation, math, spatial interpolation CATEGORY
Mathematics COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Arjen Markus <arjenmarkus@users.sourceforge.net> Copyright (c) 2004 Kevn B. Kenny <kennykb@users.sourceforge.net> math 1.0.2 math::interpolate(n)