Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Virtualize SCO 5.0.6 with Microfocus COBOL - Help needed Post 302759107 by Neo on Monday 21st of January 2013 12:53:49 PM
Old 01-21-2013
You can check the permissions of the file and see if the process you are executing has the permissions to read (and execute) the library file mentioned in the error message.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program... 01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345" 01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8). CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanmp
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Scripts "Load Error" with MicroFocus COBOL subprograms

When running our UNIX job scripts we randomly get the following 198 error below. When we restart the job it works fine. I haven't been able to recreate the problem in test, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with Cron or possibly a memory error or memory leak. I don't see anything... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rthiele
5 Replies

4. SCO

Virtualize physical SCO 5.0.6

hi Howto virtualize physical SCO 5.0.6 on ESX4? (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
22 Replies

5. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 Media needed

Hi, can anyone provide me the sources for sco 5.0.6 as iso? Thanks! (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: VoidCeroOne
26 Replies

6. SCO

Sco 5.0.6 Install ISO needed

Trying to restore a 5.0.6 server to a new server but the owner doesnt have their install media. Saw that many people have this. Please let me know of anyone that has a download link. Much appreciation! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gavinseabrook
1 Replies

7. SCO

Sco 5.0.6 installer needed

Hi I m sorry but to post this again. Does anyone have installer of sco 5.0.6 and instruction to reinstall the current system? This is urgent so Any help is appreciated. Thousand thanks (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeKenny
25 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ms COBOL 2.2 for SCO UNIX

HI ALL, I'm searching Ms Cobol 2.2 for Sco Unix if anyone has it please kind enough to support me... Thanks in advance Rukshan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rukshan4u2c
2 Replies

9. SCO

Sco media needed for openserver 5.0.6

Hello, i need if possible media for sco openserver 5.0.6 and also want to know if is possible to upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.6. Best regards, Paolo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elnino981
1 Replies

10. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 media needed

My media disk is unusable. Can someone provide me an ISO for Openserver 5.0.6? Thank you. Brantley Allen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brantleyallen
2 Replies
ACCESS(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 ACCESS(2)

NAME
access - check user's permissions for a file SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int access(const char *pathname, int mode); DESCRIPTION
access checks whether the process would be allowed to read, write or test for existence of the file (or other file system object) whose name is pathname. If pathname is a symbolic link permissions of the file referred to by this symbolic link are tested. mode is a mask consisting of one or more of R_OK, W_OK, X_OK and F_OK. R_OK, W_OK and X_OK request checking whether the file exists and has read, write and execute permissions, respectively. F_OK just requests checking for the existence of the file. The tests depend on the permissions of the directories occurring in the path to the file, as given in pathname, and on the permissions of directories and files referred to by symbolic links encountered on the way. The check is done with the process's real uid and gid, rather than with the effective ids as is done when actually attempting an operation. This is to allow set-UID programs to easily determine the invoking user's authority. Only access bits are checked, not the file type or contents. Therefore, if a directory is found to be "writable," it probably means that files can be created in the directory, and not that the directory can be written as a file. Similarly, a DOS file may be found to be "exe- cutable," but the execve(2) call will still fail. If the process has appropriate privileges, an implementation may indicate success for X_OK even if none of the execute file permission bits are set. RETURN VALUE
On success (all requested permissions granted), zero is returned. On error (at least one bit in mode asked for a permission that is denied, or some other error occurred), -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
access shall fail if: EACCES The requested access would be denied to the file or search permission is denied to one of the directories in pathname. ELOOP Too many symbolic links were encountered in resolving pathname. ENAMETOOLONG pathname is too long. ENOENT A directory component in pathname would have been accessible but does not exist or was a dangling symbolic link. ENOTDIR A component used as a directory in pathname is not, in fact, a directory. EROFS Write permission was requested for a file on a read-only filesystem. access may fail if: EFAULT pathname points outside your accessible address space. EINVAL mode was incorrectly specified. EIO An I/O error occurred. ENOMEM Insufficient kernel memory was available. ETXTBSY Write access was requested to an executable which is being executed. RESTRICTIONS
access returns an error if any of the access types in the requested call fails, even if other types might be successful. access may not work correctly on NFS file systems with UID mapping enabled, because UID mapping is done on the server and hidden from the client, which checks permissions. Using access to check if a user is authorized to e.g. open a file before actually doing so using open(2) creates a security hole, because the user might exploit the short time interval between checking and opening the file to manipulate it. CONFORMING TO
SVID, AT&T, POSIX, X/OPEN, BSD 4.3 SEE ALSO
stat(2), open(2), chmod(2), chown(2), setuid(2), setgid(2) Linux 2002-04-23 ACCESS(2)