Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Virtualize SCO 5.0.6 with Microfocus COBOL - Help needed Post 302759093 by sopela123 on Monday 21st of January 2013 11:42:17 AM
Old 01-21-2013
Virtualize SCO 5.0.6 with Microfocus COBOL - Help needed

Hi all,

I am trying to virtualize a running SCO 5.0.6 system with microfocus cobol installed.

I have already managed (thanks to the people in this forum) to install the operating system.

I dont have the cobol installation media anymore. I have copied (using cpio) all directories from physical sytem to virtual.

But when i execute cobrun (the cobol runtime) I get following message:

dynamic liner: /opt/lib/cobol/rts32: error opening libmbcs.so.2.0
Killed

The file libmbcs.so.2.0 is already in that path, any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance and best regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program... 01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345" 01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8). CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanmp
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Scripts "Load Error" with MicroFocus COBOL subprograms

When running our UNIX job scripts we randomly get the following 198 error below. When we restart the job it works fine. I haven't been able to recreate the problem in test, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with Cron or possibly a memory error or memory leak. I don't see anything... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rthiele
5 Replies

4. SCO

Virtualize physical SCO 5.0.6

hi Howto virtualize physical SCO 5.0.6 on ESX4? (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
22 Replies

5. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 Media needed

Hi, can anyone provide me the sources for sco 5.0.6 as iso? Thanks! (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: VoidCeroOne
26 Replies

6. SCO

Sco 5.0.6 Install ISO needed

Trying to restore a 5.0.6 server to a new server but the owner doesnt have their install media. Saw that many people have this. Please let me know of anyone that has a download link. Much appreciation! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gavinseabrook
1 Replies

7. SCO

Sco 5.0.6 installer needed

Hi I m sorry but to post this again. Does anyone have installer of sco 5.0.6 and instruction to reinstall the current system? This is urgent so Any help is appreciated. Thousand thanks (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeKenny
25 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ms COBOL 2.2 for SCO UNIX

HI ALL, I'm searching Ms Cobol 2.2 for Sco Unix if anyone has it please kind enough to support me... Thanks in advance Rukshan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rukshan4u2c
2 Replies

9. SCO

Sco media needed for openserver 5.0.6

Hello, i need if possible media for sco openserver 5.0.6 and also want to know if is possible to upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.6. Best regards, Paolo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elnino981
1 Replies

10. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 media needed

My media disk is unusable. Can someone provide me an ISO for Openserver 5.0.6? Thank you. Brantley Allen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brantleyallen
2 Replies
UBT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    UBT(4)

NAME
ubt -- USB Bluetooth driver SYNOPSIS
ubt* at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ? DESCRIPTION
The ubt driver provides support for USB Bluetooth dongles to the Bluetooth protocol stack. USB Bluetooth dongles provide two interfaces, both of which the ubt driver claims. The second interface is used for Isochronous data and will have several alternate configurations regarding bandwidth consumption, which can be set using the hw.ubtN.config sysctl(8) variable. The number of alternate configurations is indicated by the value in the hw.ubtN.alt_config variable, and the isoc frame size for the current configuration is shown in the hw.ubtN.sco_rxsize and hw.ubtN.sco_txsize variables. By default, configuration 0 is selected, which means that no bandwidth is used on the Isochronous interface and no SCO data can be sent. Consult the Bluetooth USB specification at https://www.bluetooth.org/ for complete instructions on setting bandwidth consumption. The fol- lowing extract may be useful as a general guidance though details may differ between manufacturers. 0 No active voice channels 1 One voice channel with 8-bit encoding 2 Two voice channels with 8-bit encoding, or one voice channel with 16-bit encoding. 3 Three voice channels with 8-bit encoding 4 Two voice channels with 16-bit encoding 5 Three voice channels with 16-bit encoding SEE ALSO
bluetooth(4), uhub(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
This ubt device driver was originally a character device written by David Sainty and Lennart Augustsson. It was rewritten to support socket based Bluetooth access for NetBSD 4.0 by Iain Hibbert. CAVEATS
Isochronous data is seemingly not well supported over USB in the current system and to get SCO working, you may have to calculate the SCO packet size that the stack will use. This is the sco_mtu value reported by the btconfig(8) command, and when combined with the SCO header (3 bytes) should fit exactly into an integer number of Isochronous data frames where the frame size is indicated by the 'hw.ubtN.sco_txsize' sysctl variable. For example: I want one voice channel (which is all that is supported, for now) so am using configuration #2, with a frame length of 17 bytes. This gives possible values of: (17 * 1) - 3 = 14 (17 * 2) - 3 = 31 (17 * 3) - 3 = 48 (17 * 4) - 3 = 65 (17 * 5) - 3 = 82 etc. btconfig(8) shows the maximum SCO payload as 64 bytes, so I am using the next smaller size of 48, to minimize the overhead of the 3 header bytes. The SCO packet size can be changed using the 'scomtu' option to btconfig(8). The failure mode is that the USB Bluetooth dongle locks up though generally removal/reinsertion will clear the problem. BUGS
The Isochronous configuration can only be changed when the device is not marked up. BSD
August 27, 2006 BSD