Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Outputting colours in HP-UX scripts Post 302758983 by neilharvey on Monday 21st of January 2013 06:36:21 AM
Old 01-21-2013
Thanks, Peasant, but what file are you referring to? I don't want to edit the output file from my script, just view it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Use of colours.

Any chance you might change the icon's that indicate New/No New Posts in the forum. For those who suffer colour blindness of varrying degrees it has become a bit of a problem (myself included) with the new colour scheme. Cheers, Cameron (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Colours

There has been a previous question about displaying text in different colours using a script in Bourne - this doesn't seem to work the same for Korn... Is it possible to display text in different colours when using the Korn shell or am I doing it wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i add colours to bourne Script ?

Can i add colours to bourne Script ? (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: XXXXXXXXXX
22 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set background colours for a cygwin console

Hi, I need to set the background colors for cygwin console, when I do ssh to production boxes. This should be done through commands.. Please suggest me asap. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
3 Replies

5. Solaris

putty to change screen colours

Can any one tell me how to change the screen colors of the screen when connected unix using putty. I tryed setting from colors but it's not happening (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting to table

I have information in a file called HITS. This file has been populated by the user entering search criteria. the HITS file contains information: filname.hits: 123.33.345.66 Fri Nov 26 11.45.56.43 GMT 2006 at the moment i am just displayin the information using cat HITS. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting input, then outputting it

Hi! I am a newbie to Unix. I was writing a little game program for fun when thought of an idea to allow data to be saved. I knew to take all of the Predefined variables and put them into a separate file, then including the file in the program. But I am having trouble making it so that the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: signebedi
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print a line in colours.

Hi all, In my script output, I want to print a line with blue colour, if the condition is satisfied, otherwise it should print with red colour. Can anyone please help me on the same requirment. Thank You. Regards, Raghu. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FONT colours

Hi, I have set the following piece of code in .vimrc file. ================================================ if has("terminfo") let &t_Co=16 let &t_AB="\<Esc> ================================================= unable to understand the significance of certain things. This sets the colour... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rac
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change colours in Linux Terminal Xfce?

Hi all - just started using Linux Mint 17 and I need to change the Foreground & Background Colours for the Terminal, my eyesight is not what it used to be many years ago, so any help would be much appreciated. Regards Malcolm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: electrocad
6 Replies
MAILCAP.ORDER(5)                                               Order Mailcap Entries                                              MAILCAP.ORDER(5)

NAME
/etc/mailcap.order - the mailcap ordering specifications DESCRIPTION
The order of entries in the /etc/mailcap file can be altered by editing the /etc/mailcap.order file. Each line of that file specifies a package and an optional mime type. Mailcap entries that match will be placed in the order of this file. Entries that don't match will be placed later. Example mime-support:*/* gv:application/postscript netscape:text/html less:text/* emacs:text/* The above would make any entries provided by the mime-support package (as found in the /usr/lib/mime/packages directory) take priority over everything else. The gv package will be used over anything else when it comes to postscript documents. Netscape will be used for any html documents and less will be used for any remaining text documents. However, since neither netscape or less provide for editing documents, any edit or compose actions will fall through to the emacs rules. After modifying this file, be sure to run /usr/sbin/update-mime (as root) to propagate the changes into the /etc/mailcap file. Remember that this files takes package names and not executable names. If you want to define rules that reference specific programs, the best way is to include them in ~/.mailcap or the user section of the /etc/mailcap file. LIMITATIONS
There is currently no way to break out a certain type from a wildcard rule. If, for example, both xv and gimp were to specify "image/*" rules, it isn't possible to use xv for gif images but use gimp for jpeg images. Also, I would like to add the ability to specify certain actions in the rules. For example, if netscape were to have an edit rule but I wanted to use emacs for editing/creating html documents, I could place a line like emacs:text/* action=edit|compose before the netscape entry. The update-mime program would then spit out entries such that netscape view rule comes before the emacs view rule but have the netscape edit rule comes after the emacs edit rule. SEE ALSO
mailcap(5) run-mailcap(1) update-mime(8) AUTHOR
The mailcap.order specification was written by Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com> Debian Project 16th Aug 1998 MAILCAP.ORDER(5)