Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparison of two variables with IF loop Post 302758965 by saurau on Monday 21st of January 2013 06:03:56 AM
Old 01-21-2013
Comparison of two variables with IF loop

Hello,
My script is like :
Code:
#!/bin/sh -x
TODAY=$(echo `date +"%b%d"`)
FILE_DATE=$(ls -l test.sh | awk '{print $6$7}')
echo "file date=$FILE_DATE"
echo "date=$TODAY"
if ["$TODAY" == "$FILE_DATE"]];then
echo "file is correct"
else
echo "file is incorrect"
fi

and The Output is :
Code:
$ ./test.sh
+ + date +%b%d
+ echo Jan21
TODAY=Jan21
+ + ls -l test.sh
+ awk {print $6$7}
FILE_DATE=Jan21
+ echo file date=Jan21
file date=Jan21
+ echo date=Jan21
date=Jan21
+ [Jan21 == Jan21]]
./test.sh[6]: [Jan21:  not found
+ echo file is incorrect
file is incorrect

Please let me know where i am doing wrong.

Regards,
saurau

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if loop (string comparison)

Hi Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this (ksh).. if + ]] then echo ${COMP_TEMP} fi What i need here is, say if the variable is a 1 or 2 digit number, then execute the if loop. Basically the variable can either be 1-30 or some other character sequence say '?', '&&'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psynaps3
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a better way I could have run this loop. (For loop with two variables)

Sorry for such a dreadful title, but I'm not sure how to be more descriptive. I'm hoping some of the more gurutastic out there can take a look at a solution I came up with to a problem, and advice if there are better ways to have gone about it. To make a long story short around 20K pieces of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparison and For Loop Taking Too Long

I'd like to 1. Check and compare the 10,000 pnt files contains single record from the /$ROOTDIR/scp/inbox/string1 directory against 39 bad pnt files from the /$ROOTDIR/output/tma/pnt/bad/string1 directory based on the fam_id column value start at position 38 to 47 from the record below. Here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanie123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparison not working inside while loop

Hi, In the code included below, the string comparision is not working fine. Please help while (( find_out >= i )) do file=`head -$i f.out|tail -1` dir=`dirname $file` cd $dir Status="" if ; then Status=`cvs -Q status... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

string comparison not working inside while loop

The string comparison highlighted below is not working fine. Please help: while read line do # Get File name by deleting everything that preceedes and follows Filename as printed in cvs status' output f_name=`echo $line | sed -e 's/^File://' -e 's/ *Status:.*//' | awk '{print $NF}'` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop with 2 variables

i am having a file contants as below my requirement is for file in `awk -F "," '{print $8,$9}'` <temp.txt echo "$file" echo "$file">test.txt a=`awk -F "," '{print $1}' `<test.txt b=`awk -F "," '{print $2}' `<test.txt but script reads , i want both the vales for further... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop for comparison

hi all, i have two files: test1 contains : one two three four five (on separate lines) test2 contains: one ten nine (on separate lines) I want to compare two files, test1 against test2. if any word from test1 does not match test2 display it. can someone help me with a while loop on this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk785
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - 2 files comparison without for loop - multi-line issue

Greetings Experts, I need to handle the views created over monthly retention tables for which every new table in YYYYMMDD format, there is equivalent view created and the older table which might be dropped, the view over it has to be re-created over a dummy table so that it doesn't fail.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with variables in loop

Hello, please assist: users="test1 test2" keytest1="abcd" keytest2="dbcd" for i in $users do echo "$key${i}" > fileout done So, my objective is to take the current user (ie test1) in loop and echo its associated keyname (ie keytest1) variable to a file. The echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: motdman
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)