Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a string from another string in UNIX Post 302758943 by elixir_sinari on Monday 21st of January 2013 05:12:16 AM
Old 01-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyu
i do not require to replace that with "Replaced". i want to take out that string - "Replace_12123_31233_32134_12342" and do certain operations with it
Didn't you write "How do i replace "Replace_12123_31233_32134_1234" in the above string.??" earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyu
... this might be a different string everytime... but the position of the string wouldnt change..
Please elaborate on this aspect. At what position will "this" string occur in the bigger string? Does "this" string terminate with a space/end-of-bigger-string? or does "this" string have a fixed length?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract a portion of a string from the whole string

How to extract a portion of a string from a full string using unix. For example: Say source string is = "req92374923.log" I want only the numeric portion of the string say "92374923" how to do that in Unix. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ds_sastry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file and extract another string to a variable

Hi, guys. I have one question: I need to search for a string in a file, and then extract another string from the file and assign it to a variable. For example: the contents of the file (group) is below: ... ftp:x:23: mail:x:34 ... testing:x:2001 sales:x:2002 development:x:2003 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract digits from a string in unix

Hi all, i have such string stored in a variable var1 = 00000120 i want the o/p var1 = 120 is it possible to have such o/p in ksh/bash ... thanx in advance for the help sonu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string between 2 ref string from a file

Hi, May i ask if someone share some command for extracting a string between 2 ref string in a txt file My objective: i had a file with multiple lines and wants only to extract the string "watch?v=IbkAXOmEHpY" or "watch?v=<11 random character>", when i used "grep 'watch?=*' i got a results per... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract First and matching word from string in UNIX

Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik Majithia
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search String and extract few lines under the searched string

Need Assistance in shell programming... I have a huge file which has multiple stations and i wanted to search particular station and extract few lines from it and the rest is not needed Bold letters are the stations . The whole file has multiple stations . Below example i wanted to search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Search for a string and to extract the string from the text

Hi Team I have an huge xml where i need to search for a ceratin numbers. For example 2014-05-06 15:15:41,498 INFO WebContainer : 10 CommonServicesLogs - CleansingTriggerService.invokeCleansingService Entered PUBSUB NOTIFY MESSAGE () - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract every repeated string between two specific string?

Hello guys, I have problem with hpux shell script. I have one big text file that contains like SOH bla bla bla bla bla bla ETX SOH bla bla bla ETX SOH bla bla bla ETX What I need to do is save first SOH*BLA into file1.txt, save second SOH*BLA into file2.txt and so on.... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract digits at the end of a string in UNIX shell scripting?

How can I extract digits at the end of a string in UNIX shell scripting or perl? cat file.txt abc_d123_4567.txt A246_B789.txt B123cc099.txt a123_B234-012.txt a13.txt What can I do here? Many thanks. cat file.txt | sed "s/.txt$//" | ........ 4567 789 099 012 13 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingch
11 Replies
langinfo.h(3HEAD)						      Headers							 langinfo.h(3HEAD)

NAME
langinfo.h, langinfo - language information constants SYNOPSIS
#include <langinfo.h> DESCRIPTION
The <langinfo.h> header contains the constants used to identify items of langinfo data (see nl_langinfo(3C)). The type of the constant, nl_item, is defined as described in <nl_types.h>. The following constants are defined. The entries under Category indicate in which setlocale(3C) category each item is defined. | | Constant | Category | Meaning ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- CODESET |LC_CTYPE |codeset name ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- D_T_FMT |LC_TIME |string for formatting date and time ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- D_FMT |LC_TIME |date format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- T_FMT |LC_TIME |time format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- T_FMT_AMPM |LC_TIME |a.m. or p.m. time format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- AM_STR |LC_TIME |ante-meridiem affix ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- PM_STR |LC_TIME |post-meridiem affix ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_1 |LC_TIME |name of the first day of the week (for | |example, Sunday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_2 |LC_TIME |name of the second day of the week (for | |example, Monday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_3 |LC_TIME |name of the third day of the week (for | |example, Tuesday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_4 |LC_TIME |name of the fourth day of the week (for | |example, Wednesday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_5 |LC_TIME |name of the fifth day of the week (for | |example, Thursday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_6 |LC_TIME |name of the sixth day of the week (for | |example, Friday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_7 |LC_TIME |name of the seventh day of the week | |(for example, Saturday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_1 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the first day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_2 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the second day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_3 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the third day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_4 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the fourth day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_5 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the fifth day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_6 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the seventh day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_7 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the seventh day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_1 |LC_TIME |name of the first month of the year ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_2 |LC_TIME |name of the second month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_3 |LC_TIME |name of the third month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_4 |LC_TIME |name of the fourth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_5 |LC_TIME |name of the fifth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_6 |LC_TIME |name of the sixth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_7 |LC_TIME |name of the seventh month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_8 |LC_TIME |name of the eighth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_9 |LC_TIME |name of the ninth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_10 |LC_TIME |name of the tenth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_11 |LC_TIME |name of the eleventh month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_12 |LC_TIME |name of the twelfth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_1 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the first month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_2 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the second month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_3 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the third month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_4 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the fourth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_5 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the fifth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_6 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the sixth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_7 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the seventh month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_8 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the eighth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_9 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the ninth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_10 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the tenth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_11 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the eleventh month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_12 | LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the twelfth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ERA |LC_TIME |era description segments ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ERA_D_FMT |LC_TIME |era date format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ERA_D_T_FMT |LC_TIME |era date and time format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ERA_T_FMT |LC_TIME |era time format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ALT_DIGITS |LC_TIME |alternative symbols for digits ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- RADIXCHAR |LC_NUMERIC |radix character ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- THOUSEP |LC_NUMERIC |separator for thousands ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- YESEXPR |LC_MESSAGES |affirmative response expression ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- NOEXPR |LC_MESSAGES |negative response expression ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- YESSTR |LC_MESSAGES |affirmative response for yes/no queries ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- NOSTR |LC_MESSAGES |negative response ro yes/no queries ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- CRNCYSTR |LC_MONETARY |local currency symbol, preceded by '-' | |if the symbol sould appear before the | |value, '+' if the symbol should appear | |after the value, or '.' if the symbol | |should replace the radix character If the locale's values for p_cs_precedes and n_cs_precedes do not match, the value of nl_langinfo(CRNCYSTR) is unspecified. The <langinfo.h> header declares the following as a function: char *nl_langinfo(nl_item); Inclusion of <langinfo.h> header may also make visible all symbols from <nl_types.h>. USAGE
Wherever possible, users are advised to use functions compatible with those in the ISO C standard to access items of langinfo data. In par- ticular, the strftime(3C) function should be used to access date and time information defined in category LC_TIME. The localeconv(3C) func- tion should be used to access information corresponding to RADIXCHAR, THOUSEP, and CRNCYSTR. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkmsgs(1), localeconv(3C), nl_langinfo(3C), nl_types.h(3HEAD), setlocale(3C), strftime(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 30 Aug 2002 langinfo.h(3HEAD)