Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a string from another string in UNIX Post 302758933 by qwertyu on Monday 21st of January 2013 04:55:54 AM
Old 01-21-2013
extract string from another string

i do not require to replace that with "Replaced". i want to take out that string - "Replace_12123_31233_32134_12342" and do certain operations with it... this might be a different string everytime... but the position of the string wouldnt change..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract a portion of a string from the whole string

How to extract a portion of a string from a full string using unix. For example: Say source string is = "req92374923.log" I want only the numeric portion of the string say "92374923" how to do that in Unix. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ds_sastry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file and extract another string to a variable

Hi, guys. I have one question: I need to search for a string in a file, and then extract another string from the file and assign it to a variable. For example: the contents of the file (group) is below: ... ftp:x:23: mail:x:34 ... testing:x:2001 sales:x:2002 development:x:2003 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract digits from a string in unix

Hi all, i have such string stored in a variable var1 = 00000120 i want the o/p var1 = 120 is it possible to have such o/p in ksh/bash ... thanx in advance for the help sonu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string between 2 ref string from a file

Hi, May i ask if someone share some command for extracting a string between 2 ref string in a txt file My objective: i had a file with multiple lines and wants only to extract the string "watch?v=IbkAXOmEHpY" or "watch?v=<11 random character>", when i used "grep 'watch?=*' i got a results per... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract First and matching word from string in UNIX

Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik Majithia
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search String and extract few lines under the searched string

Need Assistance in shell programming... I have a huge file which has multiple stations and i wanted to search particular station and extract few lines from it and the rest is not needed Bold letters are the stations . The whole file has multiple stations . Below example i wanted to search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Search for a string and to extract the string from the text

Hi Team I have an huge xml where i need to search for a ceratin numbers. For example 2014-05-06 15:15:41,498 INFO WebContainer : 10 CommonServicesLogs - CleansingTriggerService.invokeCleansingService Entered PUBSUB NOTIFY MESSAGE () - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract every repeated string between two specific string?

Hello guys, I have problem with hpux shell script. I have one big text file that contains like SOH bla bla bla bla bla bla ETX SOH bla bla bla ETX SOH bla bla bla ETX What I need to do is save first SOH*BLA into file1.txt, save second SOH*BLA into file2.txt and so on.... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract digits at the end of a string in UNIX shell scripting?

How can I extract digits at the end of a string in UNIX shell scripting or perl? cat file.txt abc_d123_4567.txt A246_B789.txt B123cc099.txt a123_B234-012.txt a13.txt What can I do here? Many thanks. cat file.txt | sed "s/.txt$//" | ........ 4567 789 099 012 13 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingch
11 Replies
rpld-*(1)					       System User's Manual: rpld-deprecated						 rpld-*(1)

NAME
rpld-deprecated - Deprecated RoarAudio PlayList Daemon control programs SYNOPSIS
rpld-play rpld-stop rpld-next [--ifcurple PLE] rpld-prev rpld-addplaylist PLI rpld-delplaylist PLI rpld-store DESCRIPTION
The RoarAudio PlayList Daemon is a daemon which manages playlists and can play files or streams from those lists using a RoarAudio Sound Server. This is a set of deprecated tools to do simple control of the server. All those tools has be replaced by rpld-ctl(1). The following tools are deprecated: rpld-play Start playback if not yet started. Replaced by: rpld-ctl play rpld-stop Stop playback. Replaced by: rpld-ctl stop rpld-next [--ifcurple PLE] Skip current song. if --ifcurple and a PLE is given the song is only skiped if the currently played song matches the given PLE. This tool has only been deprecated in case --ifcurple is not used. Replaced by: rpld-ctl next rpld-prev Go back to previous song. Replaced by: rpld-ctl prev rpld-addplaylist PLI Add playlist with name PLI. Replaced by: rpld-ctl addplaylist PLI rpld-delplaylist PLI Delete playlist PLI. Replaced by: rpld-ctl delplaylist PLI rpld-store Store current state to disk. This tool should not be needed to be called by a user at all for normal use cases. Replaced by: rpld-ctl store SEE ALSO
rpld-tools(1), rpld(7), RoarAudio(7). HISTORY
For history information see RoarAudio(7). rpld-deprecated May 2012 rpld-*(1)