Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Second Mirror is not booting ! Post 302758893 by top.level on Monday 21st of January 2013 03:30:13 AM
Old 01-21-2013
any advice ..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sun mirror

I have a solaris 9 machine which I would like to mirror it system disk using disk suite but my sun solaris machine has one internal disk which has the OS installed on. I have spare external disk of the same size, is it possible to mirror and internal disk with external disk using disk suite? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mirror device

Hi I'm new Solaris. I'm trying to understand how a root device is being mirrored. When do df -k I get this: Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 49915840 43168158 6248524 88% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ND6
1 Replies

3. AIX

how to mirror raid5

Hi, I have an ssa filesystem to move to san. We don't want any downtime. I heard that you can do a mirroring of existing file system on the san. The file system is a type of either raid 0, raid 1, or raid 5. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, itik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Problems during booting from mirror disk

Hi All, I have detached a mirror and primary disk from my Solaris box. On trying to boot from Primary disk, It boots up good. But from my mirror disk, it is not booting and giving me the login prompt Instead it goes to maintenance state by issuing a coredump. Can you explain why... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10: Problems booting off mirror drive -- Error 22: No such partition

Solaris 10 5/08 on Ultra 40 M2 It boots fine off primary disk but having issues booting off the mirror disk. I get this error when booting off mirror disk: Booting 'Solaris 10 ... Mirror disk' root (hd1,0,a) Error 22: No such partition Press any key to continue... Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
7 Replies

7. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Mirror patching

HI Friends.... kindly explain os mirror patching?in SVM and Vxvm. :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies
posix_fadvise(2)						System Calls Manual						  posix_fadvise(2)

NAME
posix_fadvise(), posix_fadvise64() - file advisory information SYNOPSIS
Parameters fd The open file descriptor to which the fadvise operation applies. offset The begining of the specified range as a positive, byte offset. len The length of the specified range in bytes. advice Specifies advice to be applied to range. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to advise the system about the expected behavior of the application with respect to the data in the file associated with the open file descriptor, fd, starting at offset and continuing for len bytes. The specified range need not currently exist in the file. If len is zero, all data following offset is specified. It should be noted that the effect of all hints is cumulative for a given file object. All hints will be removed on processing the last close of the file object. The function may be used for large file access by a 32-bit application built with set to 64. The advice parameter is used to convey the hint to be applied to the data and may be one of the following values: Specifies that the application has no advice to give on its behavior with respect to the specified data. It is the default characteristic if no advice is given for an open file. Specifies that the application expects to access the specified range of data sequentially from the lower offsets to higher offsets. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified specified range of data in a random order. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified range of data in the near future. Specifies that the application will expect that it will not access the specified range of data in the near future. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified range of data once and then not reuse it thereafter. These values will be defined in RETURN VALUE
Successful completion. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the service fails, is set to one of the following values: The fd argument is not a valid file descriptor. The fd argument is associated with a pipe or FIFO. The posix_fadvise operation is not supported by the underlying file system. The value of advice or one of the other input values has been found to be invalid. A designated hint is not supported by the underlying file object. EXAMPLES
AUTHOR
was derived by HP from the IEEE POSIX 1003.1-2001 Standard. SEE ALSO
fadvise(2), fcntl(2), fadvise(5), fcntl(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
posix_fadvise(2)