Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please help on "if" statement. Post 302758497 by chococrunch6 on Saturday 19th of January 2013 07:49:58 PM
Old 01-19-2013
Help on Loops to Grep logs

Hi,

Thanks RudiC for bringing up the order of the timestamp. Yes it does matter. Please help.

Current Setup:
Logs were rotated every 4hrs and they were compressed. If the logs exceed 10gb, it will be compressed (.Z), if not script will just zipped the logs (.gz). So archive directory may sometime contains *.gz and *.Z files, and there are times that it only contains *.gz files

Goal:
Help on Loops to Grep logs per domain, in a single text file, regardless if logs are in *gz or *Z.

domainlist="4prd 5prd 6prd 7prd 8prd"

expected output will be:

4prd_host.txt
5prd_host.txt
6prd_host.txt
7prd_host.txt
8prd_host.txt

I try to create one, but having problem on if statement.
Code:
domainlist="4prd 5prd 6prd 7prd 8prd"
for domain in $domainlist
   do
           if [ ? ] ; then
                gzgrep "$domain" $dir_arch/logs/*gz >> $dir_arch/logs/$domain_$myhost.txt    << for zip files (e.q log.gz)
                 gzip -f $dir_arch/logs/$domain_$myhost.txt
  else
                zcat $dir_arch/logs/*Z | grep "$domain" >> $dir_arch/logs/$domain_$myhost.txt << for compress files(e.q log.Z)
                gzip -f $dir_arch/logs/$domain_$myhost.txt
           fi
done

Kindly help. Thanks!

Regards,
Choco

Last edited by chococrunch6; 01-21-2013 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: stating clearer problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

"if" and "then" statement is not working in RedHat

Dear experts, I'm trying to write a script to calculate the usage of Log Archive in a directory, so if it gets to a point where the directory size is 60%, then send out an FYI.. email. So if then it reaches to 80%, move the logs from that directory. I have written the script as follow but... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afi_Linux
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What "-a" operator means in "if" statement

Hi I am trying to figure out what the following line does, I work in ksh88: ] && LIST="$big $LIST" Not sure what "-a" means in that case. Thanks a lot for any advice -A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the meaning of "-s" option in "if" statement?

Hi Guys, I'm sorry but I can't find answer for this, what is the meaning of -s option in "if" statement on unix scipting. Please see sample below: opath=/home/output for i in N1 N2 N3 N4 do echo $i if then grep $i $opath/N5_CRAI > $opath/N5_$i.crai chmod 777 $opath/N5_$i.crai ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"if" statement based off "grep"

Hello, I am somewhat new to Linux/Unix. I am currently working on a shell script that is suppose to cat a file, grep the same file for a certain line, if that line is found save the file in a different location, else remove the file. This is a rough example of what I want. $Dating = False... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amzerik
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
pppoesd(1M)															       pppoesd(1M)

NAME
pppoesd - PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) server daemon SYNOPSIS
config-file] debug-level] log-file] DESCRIPTION
performs the server side discovery phase functionalities of PPPoE as mentioned in RFC 2516. The daemon responds to PADI and PADR packets from clients if it can offer services desired by the client. generates a unique session-id for every client that it services. It then forks a daemon which performs the session phase functionalities of PPPoE as mentioned in RFC 2516. Options supports the following command-line options: Specifies the configuration file with absolute path to be used by The default configuration file is Specifies the debug level at which logging has to be enabled. The three debug levels are: Logs all error messages. To log these messages, type on the command line. Logs all warning messages. To log these messages, type on the command line. Logs function level debug messages. To log these messages, type on the command line. Specifies the log-file with absolute path to which logs messages. The default log file is EXAMPLES
An example usage of is as follows: WARNINGS
Note that, you cannot run without the file. See pppoesd.conf(4) for more information. AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. FILES
PPPoE client PPPoE relay PPPoE server configuration file PPP daemon SEE ALSO
pppd(1), pppoec(1), pppoerd(1M), pppoesd.conf(4). pppoesd(1M)