Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Sound not working in laptop model Lenovo T430 Post 302758401 by Priy on Saturday 19th of January 2013 07:02:31 AM
Old 01-19-2013
RedHat Sound not working in laptop model Lenovo T430

Hi I have a new TP installed with RHEL 6.0, sound not working in this.

I tried to upgrade the kernel to 2.6.32-279.el6.i686 and also 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.i686 but getting kernel panic with these kernels.

Any idea what is problem ????

Last edited by Priy; 01-19-2013 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Adding keywords

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Sound Not Working with kernel 2.6.9.11

I've got an FC3 rc1 box here. If I use the stock kernel that it came with, sound works fine using the intel i8x0 chipset (ALSA drivers). But when I boot into my own custom compiled kernel, all audio apps work as they should (XMMS' graphic "scope" displays audio playback, esd gets launched when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

sound not in fc5 but in fc 2 working

i am using toshiba laptop model a60 using xp and fedora when i use fedora 2 . sound is working, but when i upgrade to fc5 my sound is not is not working can anybody help me also i can connect to internet to dsl through my network card. and also i can connect to a win proxy pls anybody... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadiquep
1 Replies

3. Solaris

installed new opensolaris but sound not working

today i installed new opensola, but sound drivers are not working properly. getting this error, i m totally new to solaris. - nilesh Getting this error...... - nilesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sound not working on Solaris 10 running on Sun Virtual Box

Hello Friends, I have installed Solaris 10 on on Sun Virtual Box. I am able to browse internet on solaris 10 thru firefox, however I am not getting sound, there is cross on the tray icon of sound. Please help with this !! Regards, Sahil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahilsardana
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Lenovo Thinkpad E520-1143 Laptop

Is it possible to install Ubuntu 11.04 or Ubuntu 11.10 in Lenovo Thinkpad E520-1143 Now it Powerd By windowd Xp Professional is it possible to install Ubuntu in it and supports all drivers for ma laptop such as VGA driver Sound,Wireless,Lan , fingerprint,camera pls reply r is it possible to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to type ^ (caret) on Lenovo laptop?

Hi how to type " ^ " symbol in unix .. i am using a lenovo laptop ^ matches start of line (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need to configure my laptop Thinkpad - T430 as wifi hotspot

Hi All, I have a Thinkpad - T430, which is having the wireless card as "03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205". This one i need to configure as wifi hotspot. which i believe need to configure hostapd.conf, this kind of configuration is new to me anybody done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris flicker on lenovo laptop x230

hi I installled Solaris 11.3 on my Lenovo X230 with Intel HD Graphics 4000, trouble is the graphic driver doesn't play well with 11.3, on the right of the screen, it blinking/flashing/shifting and no colour (grey; see pic below). I try to reduce resolution to 1024*768, I can't reduce the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: van12
8 Replies
PKGENPACK(1)							  [FIXME: manual]						      PKGENPACK(1)

NAME
pkgenpack - PackageKit Pack Generator SYNOPSIS
pkgenpack [--help] [--verbose] [--with-package-list] [--output] [--package] [--updates] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pkgenpack command. pkgenpack is the command line client for PackageKit for creating service packs. WHAT IS A SERVICE PACK
? A service pack is a tarball which contains a set of packages and their dependencies. The user can reduce the dependencies to be packed using the --with-package-list option. Along with the dependencies, a service pack has a file named metadata.conf which contains the information about the distribution and creation date of the pack. CREATING A SERVICE PACK
? A service pack is created using the command pkgenpack. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --verbose Show extra debugging information. --with-package-list Set the filename of dependencies to be excluded. Generally, the file list of packages is generated when doing a PackageKit refresh on the target system. If not specified, pkgenpack uses /var/lib/PackageKit/system.package-list by default. --output The directory to put the pack file, or the current directory if omitted. --package The package to be put into the ServicePack. --update Put all updates available in the ServicePack. NAMING A SERVICE PACK
The only valid extension for a service pack is ".servicepack". EXAMPLES
1. Tim is facing problems with his Internet connection at home. He needs a service pack with valgrind and it's dependencies for his system. He asks James to generate a pack for him. Both know James's system should contain similar packages as Tim's system, as both of them have installed Fedora 9 two days ago. James simply runs: [james@jamesbook:~]$ pkgenpack --output=/media/USB/TimPacks --package=valgrind This generates a file /media/USB/TimPacks/valgrind-fedora-9-i686.servicepack on the USB key Tim gave to James. Tim can now go home, insert the USB key and double clicks on the valgrind-fedora-9-i686.servicepack file to be prompted to install these packages. 2. Bill wants to create a service pack named kdegames-fedora-9-i686.servicepack for his new system which does not have an internet connection. He generates a list of packages on his system using pkcon list-create and copies that list to his USB key. He then gives that USB to Rishi who has a good internet connectivity. Rishi runs the following command on his system: [rishi@devils-temple:~]$ pkgenpack --with-package-list=/media/USB/bill.package-list --output=/home/rishi/Desktop --program=kdegames This generates a service pack, kdegames-fedora-9-i686.servicepack, on Rishi's Desktop, which can be distributed to Bill and users with similar requirements. INSTALLING A SERVICE PACK
Service Packs can be installed using pkcon. For example: [hacker@tim-lounge:~]$ pkcon install /media/USB/TimPacks/valgrind-fedora-9-i686.servicepack SEE ALSO
pkmon (1). pkcon(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shishir Goel crazyontheedge@gmail.com and Richard Hughes richard@hughsie.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Shishir Goel [FIXME: source] 31 July,2008 PKGENPACK(1)