Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recover root password
Operating Systems Solaris Recover root password Post 302758293 by os2mac on Friday 18th of January 2013 06:22:22 PM
Old 01-18-2013
VM?

mount the ISO of the install media, change the boot order so that the CDROM is hit first and then follow the prompts to reset the password DON'T reinstall the OS.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Recover root password

I need to recover root password on a test server (E 10k) running solaris 9. Can someone please tell me how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to recover root password

How to recover root password in solaris, I forgot root password. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Need to recover 'root' password

Dear All, I have lost my data backup server's root password, just have a normal login username and password ..but i need to get back my root passwd....any1 can help me out plz :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abir
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root password on aix lost, how to recover

Hi guys, we have "forget" the root password for 1 of our AIX machines, how can we reset it? or recover it?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to recover root password in AIX ?

Dears, We have Oracle Database installed on AIX Version 5.3 and we have to take action urgently but must by root user but unfortunately we lost password. How to recover root password? Please, be noted that I am Oracle DBA and do not have experience in dealing with AIX Systems. Please, advise... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammedmostafa
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to recover the root password?

Hello forum members, Please help me to recover the root password. i can login with the user in redhat linux but i forget root password. so pleas help me to recover. advance thanks siva. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover root password on SuSE?

Hi, We forgot the root password on SuSE version 10 server. Since I didn't have SuSE DVD, I started the server using Redhat. I updated /etc/shadow and removed the root password. I then started the server and I still can't login using root. Any idea? One more question, on Novell web... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NCR UNIX system v/386 release 4 recover root password

we have NCR 3455 system from long time as attached all information for server (images) , so we need your help to assist us to get root password which lost it , really we appreciate your efforts if you can send us the procedure for resting the administrator (root) password which this server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: univoip
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How recover the root password - Solaris 11?

Hello forum members, Please help me to recover the root password. I have had difficulties working with Solaris 11. The run-level equivalents single-user in Solaris 10, I can mount disk in one partition and edit files shadow/passwd. For example: {0} ok boot cdrom -s # mount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcela Bueno
4 Replies
MOKUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MOKUTIL(1)

NAME
mokutil - utility to manipulate machine owner keys SYNOPSIS
mokutil [--list-enrolled] mokutil [--list-new] mokutil [--list-delete] mokutil [--import keylist| -i keylist] ([--hash-file hashfile | -f hashfile] | [--root-pw | -P] | [--simple-hash | -s]) mokutil [--delete keylist | -d keylist] ([--hash-file hashfile | -f hashfile] | [--root-pw | -P] | [--simple-hash | -s]) mokutil [--revoke-import] mokutil [--revoke-delete] mokutil [--export | -x] mokutil [--password | -p] ([--hash-file hashfile | -f hashfile] | [--root-pw | -P] | [--simple-hash | -s]) mokutil [--clear-password | -c] ([--simple-hash | -s]) mokutil [--disable-validation] mokutil [--enable-validation] mokutil [--sb-state] mokutil [--test-key | -t] ... mokutil [--reset] ([--hash-file hashfile | -f hashfile] | [--root-pw | -P] | [--simple-hash | -s]) mokutil [--generate-hash=password | -gpassword] DESCRIPTION
mokutil is a tool to import or delete the machines owner keys (MOK) stored in the database of shim. OPTIONS
--list-enrolled List the keys the already stored in the database --list-new List the keys to be enrolled --list-delete List the keys to be deleted --import Collect the followed files and form a request to shim. The files must be in DER format. --revoke-import Revoke the current import request (MokNew) --revoke-delete Revoke the current delete request (MokDel) --export Export the keys stored in MokListRT --password Setup the password for MokManager (MokPW) --clear-password Clear the password for MokManager (MokPW) --disable-validation Disable the validation process in shim --enrolled-validation Enable the validation process in shim --sb-state Show SecureBoot State --test-key Test if the key is enrolled or not --reset Reset MOK list --generate-hash Generate the password hash --hash-file Use the password hash from a specific file --root-pw Use the root password hash from /etc/shadow --simple-hash Use the old SHA256 password hash method to hash the password Note: --root-pw invalidates --simple-hash Thu Jul 25 2013 MOKUTIL(1)