Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Vb file from UNIX to mainframe Post 302757967 by poova on Friday 18th of January 2013 08:54:26 AM
Old 01-18-2013
Vb file from UNIX to mainframe

Hi Everyone,

Do I need to provide record length as Record length + 4 when I'm transferring a variable block files from unix to mainframe through ftp?
For example, I have a file in unix (ebcidic converted) with maximum record length of 100.
This works correctly,
quote site rec=vb lr=104 blocksi=1040
Below working incorrectly, last 4 bytes of the first lines are coming in the first 4 bytes of second line and it's continuing in that way.
quote site rec=vb lr=100 blocksi=1040

So do we need to add 4 bytes in record length (which mainframe will use for adding some control information) for ftpying variable block ps file from unix to mainframe? I'm not sure I did the required change here but data is transferred as expected. Kindly provide your comments in this.

Thanks,
Poova.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

USS (unix) on the Mainframe

am wanting to know if the board is worth my time and effort since I work with USS (Unix System Services) on a Mainframe computer. If there are others who use USS on the Mainframe this will be helpfull. I dont want to spend my time racking up the number of posts I have nor should anyone else. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javagate
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USS (unix) on the Mainframe

Does anyone work with USS on an IBM Mainframe computer on this msg board? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javagate
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving file from Mainframe to Unix

Hi I m an absolute dummy on UNIX, I m basically a SAP guy. but I require a file which is stored on the mainframe to be moved to Unix application server. I got the following script to do it from someone #! /usr/local/bin/move_prom REMOTE_HOST=158.52.246.30 # Hostname of the remote Mainframe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaj_99
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mainframe assembler file into Unix

Hi, I have received a mainframe file ( VSAM file ) . I would like to handle that file in Unix. i.e I would like to take the last record of the file. I have given wc -l <file_name> , it gives 0 lines. Even though It has some lines , it is not giving count exactly. When I gave file <file_name>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thambi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp file from unix to mainframe

thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishabhishek
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX sftp from mainframe

I have the following UNIX script which copies a file from a UNIX server in Canada to a UNIX server in the UK. LOG=/data/proj/sftp/canada.log DAT=`date "+%d/%m/%y %H:%M"` HOMEDIR=/data/proj/sftp TGTFILE=P_DATA.csv cd $HOMEDIR echo "\nStarting retrieval of Canadian Data at $DAT" >> $LOG ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mishnok
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mainframe to Unix. Huge file >5GB

Hi, The files are being zipped from mainframe to the UNIX server. I have to unzip huge files on AIX server which is too old. The UNZIP as well as gzip utility version is not able to handle it and if we have to install the latest version there is a lot of process which takes lot of process. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bijesh
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp from UNIX to mainframe

Hi, I have many scripts where i have used sftp for file transfer from unix box to unix box.. Now that we have to sftp files from unix to mainframe, i would like to know if that is possible. I just tried in the same way i did from unix to unix, but i got the error as connection refused. Are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read variable length file on UNIX generated by Mainframe?

Hi All, We have variable block file generated on Mainframe. We have to process the file on unix. So we FTPed the file on binary (as it has packed decimal fields). but i don't know how to read the file on unix. As you know variable block file will have a data like record length followed by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SundarGampa
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading file from mainframe to UNIX

Hi All , I need a help regarding file ftp ing from mainframe to unix.Our source file is mainframe file.I need to download the mainframe file to local unix server through unix script.If anyone can help me how we can do it through unix script ,it will be really helpful.Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
7 Replies
srec_aomf(5)							File Formats Manual						      srec_aomf(5)

NAME
srec_aomf - Intel Absolute Object Module Format DESCRIPTION
The Absolute Object Module Format (AOMF) is a subset of the 8051 OMF. The structure of an absolute object file (the order of the records in it) is similar to that of a relocatable object file. There are three main differences: the first is that an absolute object file con- tains one module only, the second is that not all the records can appear in the absolute file and the third is that the records can contain only absolute information. Generic Record Format Each record starts with a record type which indicates the type of the record, and record length which contain the number of bytes in the record exclusive of the first two fields. The record ends with a checksum byte which contains the 2s complement of the sum (modulo 256) of all other bytes in the record. Therefore the sum (modulo 256) of all bytes in the record is zero. The record length includes the payload and checksum fields, but excludes the type and length fields. All 16-bit fields are little-endian. +--------+---------+---------+---------+ |REC | Record | Payload | CHK | |TYP | Length | | SUM | |8 bits | 16 bits | | 8 bits | +--------+---------+---------+---------+ Here are some of the relevant record types: 0x01 Scope Definition Record 0x02 Module Start Record 0x04 Module End Record 0x06 Content Record 0x0E Segment Definition Record 0x12 Debug Items Record 0x16 Public Definition Record 0x18 External Definition Record Names are not stored a C strings. Names are stored as a length byte followed by the contents. Structure An AOMF file consists of a module header record (0x02), followed by one or more content (0x06), scope (0x01) or debug (0x12) records, and ends in a module end record (0x04). The records with the following types are extraneous (they may appear in the file but are ignored): 0x0E, 0x16 and 0x18 (definition records). All records which are not part of the AOMF and are not extraneous are considered erroneous. Module Header Record +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ | REC | Record | Module | TRN ID | zero | CHK | | TYP | Length | Name | 8 bits | 8 bits | SUM | | 0x02 | 16 bits | | | | 8 bits | +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ Each module must starts with a module header record. It is used to identify the module for the RL51 and other future processors of 8051 object files. In addition to the Module Name the record contains: TRN ID The byte identifies the program which has generated this module: 0xFD ASM51 0xFE PL/M-51 0xFF RL51. Module End Record +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ | REC | Record | Module | zero | REG | zero | CHK | | TYP | Length | Name | 16 bits | MSK | 8 bits | SUM | | 0x04 | 16 bits | | | 8 bits | | 8 bits | +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ The record ends the module sequence and contains the following information: characteristics MODULE NAME The name of the module is given here for a consistency check. It must match the name given in the Module Header Record. REGISTER MASK (REG MSK) The field contains a bit for each of the four register banks. Each bit, when set specifies that the corresponding bank is used by the module: Bit 0 (the least significant bit) bank #0. Bit 1 bank #1. Bit 2 bank #2. Bit 3 bank #3. Content Record +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ | REC | Record | SEG ID | Offset | DATA | CHK | | TYP | Length | 8 bits | 16 bits | | SUM | | 0x06 | 16 bits | | | | 8 bits | +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ This record provides one or more bytes of contiguous data, from which a portion of a memory image may be constructed. SEG ID This field must be zero. OFFSET Gives the absolute address of the first byte of data in the record, within the CODE address space. DATA A sequence of data bytes to be loaded from OFFSET to OFFSET+RECORDLENGTH-5. Size Multiplier In general, raw binary data will expand in sized by approximately 1.02 times when represented with this format. SOURCE
http://www.intel.com/design/mcs96/swsup/omf96_pi.pdf ftp://download.intel.com/design/mcs51/SWSUP/omf51.exe (zip archive) http://www.elsist.net/WebSite/ftp/various/OMF51EPS.pdf COPYRIGHT
srec_cat version 1.58 Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Peter Miller The srec_cat program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: pmiller@opensource.org.au //* WWW: http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/ Reference Manual SRecord srec_aomf(5)