Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run .exe inside shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run .exe inside shell script Post 302757859 by jim mcnamara on Friday 18th of January 2013 06:06:24 AM
Old 01-18-2013
Code:
$EXE_PATH/runube -f /path/to/password.txt DVRP910 *ALL R0006P XJDE0001 QBATCH B #H S //NASRVNY/NY_02

You need a full explicit path to the password file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run an SQL script inside a shell

How do I create a K Shell which would silently (without user input) logon to Oracle and run an SQL script? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Steve (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevefox
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the command inside perl script

I have a command which will run fine in a unix command prompt. Can you tell how to interprete this command inside perl script...... The command is : perl -pe 's/(\|333\}.*)\}$/$1|1.6}/' FIA.txt This will search for the number 333 and appends 1.6 at the end of that line....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run shell script inside expect script?

I have the code like this : shell script continues ... .... expect -c" spawn telnet $ip expect "login:" send \"$usrname\r\" expect "Password:" send \"$passwd\r\" expect "*\>" send \"$cmdstr\r\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I run a exe which is at bin dir from my script.

Hello forum memebers. I have command which is exe of C- program from my script.i am writing a script which is under path /abc/xyz/test.sh. the script consist the command which is the exe of c-prog and the exe is present in the /abc/xyz/bin.if run the command from the /abc/xyz its running and if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send arguments to a .exe file from a shell script

Folks , can anyone post a sample showing a way to parse a variable containing a string to a .exe file . Thanks Venu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpretation of $variables inside programs run from a script

Hi, I am running a shell script that executes a program. Inside this program, variables are also referenced using a dollar symbol, eg. $a, $thething, and the shell script is misinterpreting them as variables relevant to the shell script rather than relevant to the program run from inside the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBigH
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem run script inside a gnome-terminal

hi, I would like to ask about using gnome-terminal command, I had a script that will run my VBOX VM in headless and i want to display the output(STDOUT) on the gnome-terminal window. The purpose that i want to display the STDOUT of the script cause i will used it or create a desktop shortcut for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts parallely inside shell script?

Hi , I have 4 scripts example script1,script2,script3,script4 . I have to run script1,script2 and script3 parallely since this 3 scripts dont have dependencies . Once script1,script2 and script3 got completed successfully , I have to trigger script4. Can someone help me on this how to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). User Commands 06/24/2011 CHSH(1)