Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arranging Haphazard output in readable format Post 302757819 by Visshal on Friday 18th of January 2013 04:18:20 AM
Old 01-18-2013
one way is you can run your sql query to get the output in csv format. Or you can run a script on this output replace | with , and open the file in excel or any spreadsheet. That way you can see output in tabular format.

Or just try following and open the file into spreadsheet.

Code:
me@lappy:~/Documents/file$ cat tmp.txt
123|456|789|0
67345123|3455|1
7124563|432343414|345324
me@lappy:~/Documents/file$ sed -e s/\|/,/g tmp.txt 

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

file in malibox is readable format?

Hi, Files coming to mailbox are in readable format? Is there any special command to read these files. suppose i have sent a file like this megh$mailx -s "mesg" xyz@server.domain<file1.dat can xyz directly read the file from his mailbox? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert unix date to readable format

Dear Experts, I need your help to convert a unix date and time format number in to readable format like dd/mm/yyyy . I have a text file of more than 10,000 records and it is like NAME DATE1 COUNTRY DATE2 ABD 1223580395699 USA 1223580395699... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat in a better readable format

Dear All: Is there a way to nicely format the vmstat output: #3sec interval, 5 measurements vmstat 3 5 It prints out all the good info but not in a very readable format. Any help, advise, suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tom_k_mishra
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in extracting logs in readable format

hello everyone. newbie here in unix. I am trying to extract the logs of a certain job and would like to output it in a readable format, see below the CAT part: cat /var/opt/ctma/ctm/sysout/idwesct_sh30_eng_r6_cdcs_sh.LOG_05l0du_000* | egrep -i 'orderid:|file_name=' | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eanne_may
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in arranging the output

Hello All, Please find attached input and output files. I want to write a shell script to achieve this. I tried using awk but not getting how to do this as I am new to shell programming. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudeep Bhattad
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple records need to convert UNIXtime to human readable datatime and all output in one format

Hello Experts, Below is the record i have: sample data attached I want this record of each row to be in single line and there are multiple rowise unixtime mentioned e.g 11996327 , This needs to be converted to Human readdable data and time from multiple rows Can you help me , it will be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishK
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging the output of a shell script into tables

Hi guys. I am new to this forum so cheers :) I have a question. I have created a shell script that puts all the output into 1 file. The out put is like this: -----IP------ Data Data Data -----IP------ Data Data Data How can i arrange this to be like this: IP | Data |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandera
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging output for 2 commands

I am trying to run 2 sets of commands but want their output in a particular format. The 2 commands are : md5sum $WAR_DIR/$war and java -jar $WAR_DIR/$war | grep build.release.version | awk '{print $3}' The first command gives an output of 5f5261a33b92a36f80218cf14e8271ad ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging the command output into an html table format

Hi, I need to format a command output for the beolow command: runmqckm -cert -list -db $MQ_KDB -pw $PASSWD -expiry $EXP | grep -v "Certificates in database" The output will be: "ABC - cert name" From: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 11:09:40 AM CDT To: Saturday, May 25, 2019 11:39:40 AM CDT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdpl
3 Replies
PSC(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PSC(1)

NAME
psc - prepare sc files SYNOPSIS
psc [-fLkrSPv] [-s cell] [-R n] [-C n] [-n n] [-d c] DESCRIPTION
Psc is used to prepare data for input to the spreadsheet calculator sc(1). It accepts normal ascii data on standard input. Standard out- put is a sc file. With no options, psc starts the spreadsheet in cell A0. Strings are right justified. All data on a line is entered on the same row; new input lines cause the output row number to increment by one. The default delimiters are tab and space. The column for- mats are set to one larger than the number of columns required to hold the largest value in the column. OPTIONS
-f Omit column width calculations. This option is for preparing data to be merged with an existing spreadsheet. If the option is not specified, the column widths calculated for the data read by psc will override those already set in the existing spreadsheet. -L Left justify strings. -k Keep all delimiters. This option causes the output cell to change on each new delimiter encountered in the input stream. The default action is to condense multiple delimiters to one, so that the cell only changes once per input data item. -r Output the data by row first then column. For input consisting of a single column, this option will result in output of one row with multiple columns instead of a single column spreadsheet. -s cell Start the top left corner of the spreadsheet in cell. For example, -s B33 will arrange the output data so that the spreadsheet starts in column B, row 33. -R n Increment by n on each new output row. -C n Increment by n on each new output column. -n n Output n rows before advancing to the next column. This option is used when the input is arranged in a single column and the spreadsheet is to have multiple columns, each of which is to be length n. -d c Use the single character c as the delimiter between input fields. -P Plain numbers only. A field is a number only when there is no imbedded [-+eE]. -S All numbers are strings. -v Print the version of psc SEE ALSO
sc(1) AUTHOR
Robert Bond PSC 7.16 19 September 2002 PSC(1)