Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 7.1 TL update -> only latest or one by one? Post 302757465 by MichaelFelt on Thursday 17th of January 2013 02:28:12 PM
Old 01-17-2013
Personally, I go for all in one go - smitty update_all and run with preview activated to check for errors or other warnings.
This User Gave Thanks to MichaelFelt For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Update AIX 5.3 to TL07 SP5

Hi, We need to update our AIX to TL07 SP5, and it's an HACMP architecture with node1 and node2 and is active/active. I need help because I never patched an AIX in HACMP, and I don't know the sequence that I have to proceed, I have Oracle databases running on both (node1, node2). I receive a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzed27
0 Replies

2. AIX

Latest AIX Service Pack

Hello, I am trying to install Oracle 11g on my AIX server and it requires at a minimum OS level 5300-05-06. I am currently at 5300-05-01. What do I need to upgrade this? Where can I get this sp? What are the step to install this? I am a DBA not sysadmin. We no longer have a sysadmin. Lucky... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i know the latest update packages i have installed on solaris 9 ???

i want to know the update packages that i have installed on my solaris 9 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MONMON
2 Replies

4. AIX

Failed update AIX 6.1

Hi, I have problem with update AIX in ML 01 to ML 04. I am new in AIX system, please help me how resolve this problem. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Fix Pack update

Hi All, i'm try to update my aix 6100.06.05 to 6100.07.00. i download the 4,5 GB of FixPack buy i don't have a required package (devices.chrp.pci.rte 6.1.7.0) This package does not exist on the fix pack (i've check in the .toc file and in the .bff files) On ibm website i see that this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Get latest update for RHEL systems

Hi all, I want to get latest package updates for my RHEL systems. I don't any account with RHN so that I can get updates from there. All I'm interested in knowing is that is it possible to get package updates without registering with RHN. And If yes then how. I have read about RHN satellite and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darshan Parab
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX SP update and Oracle interaction

Situation: AIX 7.1 various SP levels Update to SP9 on DB systems with Oracle 10 or 11G Steps: Apply SP9 update Bring down databases shutdown -Fr Check system health - AIX Bring up databases Confirm functionality Would applying the update while the databases are up cause problems... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: allenhibbert
7 Replies

8. AIX

OpenSSH update in AIX

Hi, We have 4 vulnerabilities in our AIX servers and the files to be installed are as follows: File to be installed OpenSSH_6.0.0.6102 OpenSSH_6.0.0.6107 OpenSSH_6.0.0.6110 Openssh_fix8 My question is, can we install the Openss_fix8 directly to resolve all the issues or should we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gshari.89
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to update NTP on AIX?

Hi, I would like to update NTP version on AIX LPARs. lslpp -L bos.net.tcp.client Fileset Level State Type Description (Uninstaller) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- bos.net.tcp.client 7.1.3.1 C F ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dio34
3 Replies
BUNDLE-UPDATE(1)														  BUNDLE-UPDATE(1)

NAME
bundle-update - Update your gems to the latest available versions SYNOPSIS
bundle update *gems [--source=NAME] DESCRIPTION
Update the gems specified (all gems, if none are specified), ignoring the previously installed gems specified in the Gemfile.lock. In gen- eral, you should use bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html to install the same exact gems and versions across machines. You would use bundle update to explicitly update the version of a gem. OPTIONS
--source=<name> The name of a :git or :path source used in the Gemfile(5). For instance, with a :git source of http://github.com/rails/rails.git, you would call bundle update --source rails UPDATING ALL GEMS
If you run bundle update with no parameters, bundler will ignore any previously installed gems and resolve all dependencies again based on the latest versions of all gems available in the sources. Consider the following Gemfile(5): source "https://rubygems.org" gem "rails", "3.0.0.rc" gem "nokogiri" When you run bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html the first time, bundler will resolve all of the dependencies, all the way down, and install what you need: Fetching source index for https://rubygems.org/ Installing rake (10.0.2) Installing abstract (1.0.0) Installing activesupport (3.0.0.rc) Installing builder (2.1.2) Installing i18n (0.4.1) Installing activemodel (3.0.0.rc) Installing erubis (2.6.6) Installing rack (1.2.1) Installing rack-mount (0.6.9) Installing rack-test (0.5.4) Installing tzinfo (0.3.22) Installing actionpack (3.0.0.rc) Installing mime-types (1.16) Installing polyglot (0.3.1) Installing treetop (1.4.8) Installing mail (2.2.5) Installing actionmailer (3.0.0.rc) Installing arel (0.4.0) Installing activerecord (3.0.0.rc) Installing activeresource (3.0.0.rc) Installing bundler (1.0.0.rc.3) Installing nokogiri (1.4.3.1) with native extensions Installing thor (0.14.0) Installing railties (3.0.0.rc) Installing rails (3.0.0.rc) Your bundle is complete! Use `bundle show [gemname]` to see where a bundled gem is installed. As you can see, even though you have just two gems in the Gemfile(5), your application actually needs 25 different gems in order to run. Bundler remembers the exact versions it installed in Gemfile.lock. The next time you run bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html, bundler skips the dependency resolution and installs the same gems as it installed last time. After checking in the Gemfile.lock into version control and cloning it on another machine, running bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html will still install the gems that you installed last time. You don't need to worry that a new release of erubis or mail changes the gems you use. However, from time to time, you might want to update the gems you are using to the newest versions that still match the gems in your Gem- file(5). To do this, run bundle update, which will ignore the Gemfile.lock, and resolve all the dependencies again. Keep in mind that this process can result in a significantly different set of the 25 gems, based on the requirements of new gems that the gem authors released since the last time you ran bundle update. UPDATING A LIST OF GEMS
Sometimes, you want to update a single gem in the Gemfile(5), and leave the rest of the gems that you specified locked to the versions in the Gemfile.lock. For instance, in the scenario above, imagine that nokogiri releases version 1.4.4, and you want to update it without updating Rails and all of its dependencies. To do this, run bundle update nokogiri. Bundler will update nokogiri and any of its dependencies, but leave alone Rails and its dependencies. OVERLAPPING DEPENDENCIES
Sometimes, multiple gems declared in your Gemfile(5) are satisfied by the same second-level dependency. For instance, consider the case of thin and rack-perftools-profiler. source "https://rubygems.org" gem "thin" gem "rack-perftools-profiler" The thin gem depends on rack >= 1.0, while rack-perftools-profiler depends on rack ~> 1.0. If you run bundle install, you get: Fetching source index for https://rubygems.org/ Installing daemons (1.1.0) Installing eventmachine (0.12.10) with native extensions Installing open4 (1.0.1) Installing perftools.rb (0.4.7) with native extensions Installing rack (1.2.1) Installing rack-perftools_profiler (0.0.2) Installing thin (1.2.7) with native extensions Using bundler (1.0.0.rc.3) In this case, the two gems have their own set of dependencies, but they share rack in common. If you run bundle update thin, bundler will update daemons, eventmachine and rack, which are dependencies of thin, but not open4 or perftools.rb, which are dependencies of rack-perftools_profiler. Note that bundle update thin will update rack even though it's also a dependency of rack-perftools_profiler. In short, when you update a gem using bundle update, bundler will update all dependencies of that gem, including those that are also depen- dencies of another gem. In this scenario, updating the thin version manually in the Gemfile(5), and then running bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html will only update daemons and eventmachine, but not rack. For more information, see the CONSERVATIVE UPDATING section of bundle install(1) bun- dle-install.1.html. RECOMMENDED WORKFLOW
In general, when working with an application managed with bundler, you should use the following workflow: o After you create your Gemfile(5) for the first time, run $ bundle install o Check the resulting Gemfile.lock into version control $ git add Gemfile.lock o When checking out this repository on another development machine, run $ bundle install o When checking out this repository on a deployment machine, run $ bundle install --deployment o After changing the Gemfile(5) to reflect a new or update dependency, run $ bundle install o Make sure to check the updated Gemfile.lock into version control $ git add Gemfile.lock o If bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html reports a conflict, manually update the specific gems that you changed in the Gemfile(5) $ bundle update rails thin o If you want to update all the gems to the latest possible versions that still match the gems listed in the Gemfile(5), run $ bundle update March 2013 BUNDLE-UPDATE(1)