Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 7.1 TL update -> only latest or one by one? Post 302757127 by iso on Thursday 17th of January 2013 05:43:51 AM
Old 01-17-2013
AIX 7.1 TL update -> only latest or one by one?

Hi,

I'm about to update a 7.1 box from 7100-00-03-1115 to the latest level 7100-02-01-1245. Question: do I have to install all steps between them or can I just download the latest level and do a update_all?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Update AIX 5.3 to TL07 SP5

Hi, We need to update our AIX to TL07 SP5, and it's an HACMP architecture with node1 and node2 and is active/active. I need help because I never patched an AIX in HACMP, and I don't know the sequence that I have to proceed, I have Oracle databases running on both (node1, node2). I receive a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzed27
0 Replies

2. AIX

Latest AIX Service Pack

Hello, I am trying to install Oracle 11g on my AIX server and it requires at a minimum OS level 5300-05-06. I am currently at 5300-05-01. What do I need to upgrade this? Where can I get this sp? What are the step to install this? I am a DBA not sysadmin. We no longer have a sysadmin. Lucky... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i know the latest update packages i have installed on solaris 9 ???

i want to know the update packages that i have installed on my solaris 9 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MONMON
2 Replies

4. AIX

Failed update AIX 6.1

Hi, I have problem with update AIX in ML 01 to ML 04. I am new in AIX system, please help me how resolve this problem. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Fix Pack update

Hi All, i'm try to update my aix 6100.06.05 to 6100.07.00. i download the 4,5 GB of FixPack buy i don't have a required package (devices.chrp.pci.rte 6.1.7.0) This package does not exist on the fix pack (i've check in the .toc file and in the .bff files) On ibm website i see that this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Get latest update for RHEL systems

Hi all, I want to get latest package updates for my RHEL systems. I don't any account with RHN so that I can get updates from there. All I'm interested in knowing is that is it possible to get package updates without registering with RHN. And If yes then how. I have read about RHN satellite and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darshan Parab
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX SP update and Oracle interaction

Situation: AIX 7.1 various SP levels Update to SP9 on DB systems with Oracle 10 or 11G Steps: Apply SP9 update Bring down databases shutdown -Fr Check system health - AIX Bring up databases Confirm functionality Would applying the update while the databases are up cause problems... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: allenhibbert
7 Replies

8. AIX

OpenSSH update in AIX

Hi, We have 4 vulnerabilities in our AIX servers and the files to be installed are as follows: File to be installed OpenSSH_6.0.0.6102 OpenSSH_6.0.0.6107 OpenSSH_6.0.0.6110 Openssh_fix8 My question is, can we install the Openss_fix8 directly to resolve all the issues or should we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gshari.89
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to update NTP on AIX?

Hi, I would like to update NTP version on AIX LPARs. lslpp -L bos.net.tcp.client Fileset Level State Type Description (Uninstaller) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- bos.net.tcp.client 7.1.3.1 C F ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dio34
3 Replies
XFSINFO(1)						      General Commands Manual							XFSINFO(1)

NAME
xfsinfo - X font server information utility SYNOPSIS
xfsinfo [-server servername] DESCRIPTION
Xfsinfo is a utility for displaying information about an X font server. It is used to examine the capabilities of a server, the predefined values for various parameters used in communicating between clients and the server, and the font catalogues and alternate servers that are available. OPTIONS
-server servername This option specifies the X font server to contact. servername must be specified in one of the formats defined in the Font Server Names section of X(7). If not specified, the server name in the FONTSERVER environment variable is used. HISTORY
Xfsinfo was originally called fsinfo. It was renamed to avoid a clash with the fsinfo utility from the Berkeley automounter amd. EXAMPLE
The following shows a sample produced by xfsinfo. example% xfsinfo -server hansen:7100 name of server: hansen:7100 version number: 1 vendor string: Font Server Prototype vendor release number: 17 maximum request size: 16384 longwords (65536 bytes) number of catalogues: 1 all Number of alternate servers: 2 #0 hansen:7101 #1 hansen:7102 number of extensions: 0 ENVIRONMENT
FONTSERVER To get the default fontserver. The server name must be specified in one of the formats defined in the Font Server Names section of X(7). SEE ALSO
xfs(1), fslsfonts(1), X(7). AUTHOR
Dave Lemke, Network Computing Devices, Inc X Version 11 xfsinfo 1.0.2 XFSINFO(1)