Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recover root password
Operating Systems Solaris Recover root password Post 302757101 by prashant2507198 on Thursday 17th of January 2013 04:56:31 AM
Old 01-17-2013
Did you try booting from cd rom and getting login at fail safe mode to change the password?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Recover root password

I need to recover root password on a test server (E 10k) running solaris 9. Can someone please tell me how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to recover root password

How to recover root password in solaris, I forgot root password. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Need to recover 'root' password

Dear All, I have lost my data backup server's root password, just have a normal login username and password ..but i need to get back my root passwd....any1 can help me out plz :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abir
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root password on aix lost, how to recover

Hi guys, we have "forget" the root password for 1 of our AIX machines, how can we reset it? or recover it?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to recover root password in AIX ?

Dears, We have Oracle Database installed on AIX Version 5.3 and we have to take action urgently but must by root user but unfortunately we lost password. How to recover root password? Please, be noted that I am Oracle DBA and do not have experience in dealing with AIX Systems. Please, advise... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammedmostafa
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to recover the root password?

Hello forum members, Please help me to recover the root password. i can login with the user in redhat linux but i forget root password. so pleas help me to recover. advance thanks siva. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover root password on SuSE?

Hi, We forgot the root password on SuSE version 10 server. Since I didn't have SuSE DVD, I started the server using Redhat. I updated /etc/shadow and removed the root password. I then started the server and I still can't login using root. Any idea? One more question, on Novell web... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NCR UNIX system v/386 release 4 recover root password

we have NCR 3455 system from long time as attached all information for server (images) , so we need your help to assist us to get root password which lost it , really we appreciate your efforts if you can send us the procedure for resting the administrator (root) password which this server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: univoip
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How recover the root password - Solaris 11?

Hello forum members, Please help me to recover the root password. I have had difficulties working with Solaris 11. The run-level equivalents single-user in Solaris 10, I can mount disk in one partition and edit files shadow/passwd. For example: {0} ok boot cdrom -s # mount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcela Bueno
4 Replies
yppasswd(1)						      General Commands Manual						       yppasswd(1)

NAME
yppasswd - change password in Network Information Service (NIS) SYNOPSIS
yppasswd [name] DESCRIPTION
Note If Enhanced Security is enabled on your system, use the passwd command to change your password, even if NIS is in use. The yppasswd command lets you change your password in the Network Information Service (NIS) map, a network data base service. Only you or the superuser can change your NIS password. When you enter the yppasswd command, the program prompts you for the old password and then for the new password. Note that the passwords are not displayed on the screen. Next, the program asks you for the new password again, to verify that you have typed it correctly. If you do not type the passwords cor- rectly, you will receive an error message after you enter the new password. Your new NIS password must meet one of the following requirements: It must be a combination of at least six alphanumeric characters, or It must be a minimum of four characters, with at least one being non-alphanumeric, such as a control sequence. Note The passwd command does not change the NIS password. This command only changes the local password file (/etc/passwd), and not the NIS mas- ter password file. ERRORS
Your new password does not meet the minimum length requirement. You misspelled your new password or its verification. Your new password can not be activated. It must be different from your old password and your login name. FILES
Password file NIS directory SEE ALSO
passwd(1), passwd(4), ypfiles(4), yppasswdd(8) Network Administration yppasswd(1)