Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File transfer script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File transfer script Post 302756541 by Scott on Wednesday 16th of January 2013 04:58:15 AM
Old 01-16-2013
Hello!

Your question(s) could easily be answered by searching the Internet with Google. Google is your friend Smilie

Per forum rules, and the benefit of all users, please search the network and the forums before posting a question.

You can easily search the forums using our internal Google search engine or our advanced internal search engine. You can also search our huge UNIX and Linux database by user generated tags or search the database for unanswered questions and provide an answer.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation and Transfer of TAR file from one machine to another Using UNIX script

Hi, I want to create unix script such that it should run on machine A, it should run TAR commands on machine B and copy that TAR to machine C. Is it possible? Thanks Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahuljadhav
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script file transfer failure

I use expect to spawn an sftp file transfer. On occasion the transfer fails or doesn't complete correctly, resulting in: "sftp> cd /returns sftp> rename /returns/TESTFILE.TXT /returns/archive/TESTFILE.TXT Couldn't rename file "/returns/TESTFILE.TXT" to "/returns/archive/TESTFILE.TXT": Failure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjb1959
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Weekly file Transfer script

I have made a script which transfers some files of the entire week , but the script fails when the next month is started. For e.g; if i run the script on 5th may , but i need to transfer files of its previous week which is from 24th April to 30th april ,the script fails, i have this loop in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer file via SFTP

Hi all, I'm trying to do a script to transfer file between my server and an external server via SFTP protocol. It doesn't use rsa key, but password. When I run the script, it throw back a prompt that request me to put the password. How should I do for automatic login? Pleaes help :( ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

UNIX script for daily file transfer ???

I need to create a script which needs to transfer the "<filename>+yyyymmdd".dat file from a unix machine to a linux machine.. daily. we can use an active batch to schedule the script. however, the script needs to detect if the new file is present, if present, then transfer. any help ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravikodi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To run ksh script via autosys job without asking password for file transfer

I've K shell script. It will transfer the files from one server to other server using 'SCP' command. While running the script alone as a command line in UNIX ssh terminal its running with out asking password and files are transferred with out asking for password. But by running the script using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshbabu
6 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin script to transfer file from windows to UNIX

Hi, Objective is to transfer files from windows server to Unix server using cygwin. I have installed cygwin, and I manually execute commands and transfer files from windows to unix using sftp. These are steps I execute 1) Run cmd 2) Run cygwin 3) At prompt type sftp user1@uniserver 4) lcd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make script for file transfer?

Hi All, Please suggest me how to make script for file transfer from server X to another server Y. I have some directory path in server X as below: /home/directory_1/ . . /home/directory_n/ where some text files are available in each directory where some files records zero and some files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automated File Transfer Script

We are receiving data feed files in SFTP location daily. so the folder structure in SFTP location is abc/def/studyname_1/outbound/zipped files So we will be getting different studies and for each study a folder is created abc/def/studyname_2/outbound/zipped files , ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sidhant
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from UNIX to shared location using shell script

Is there any possible way transfering the file from unix to shared location using shell script. i had created the batch script to fetch the files from unix to shared location and it works fine. Due to some problem in windows unable to transfer the file to shared location automatically. can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)                                           File Formats Manual                                          NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)