Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File transfer script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File transfer script Post 302756537 by NareshN on Wednesday 16th of January 2013 04:56:26 AM
Old 01-16-2013
File transfer script

Hi,

I need a shell script to transfer a file from one server(unix box) to another server(windows box).
I have the details of the source and destination Ip's.

source path : /home/UNIX/server
filename:abc.txt

Destination folder: D:/UNIX/test

I am using AIX server.
Type of shell : korn

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation and Transfer of TAR file from one machine to another Using UNIX script

Hi, I want to create unix script such that it should run on machine A, it should run TAR commands on machine B and copy that TAR to machine C. Is it possible? Thanks Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahuljadhav
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script file transfer failure

I use expect to spawn an sftp file transfer. On occasion the transfer fails or doesn't complete correctly, resulting in: "sftp> cd /returns sftp> rename /returns/TESTFILE.TXT /returns/archive/TESTFILE.TXT Couldn't rename file "/returns/TESTFILE.TXT" to "/returns/archive/TESTFILE.TXT": Failure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjb1959
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Weekly file Transfer script

I have made a script which transfers some files of the entire week , but the script fails when the next month is started. For e.g; if i run the script on 5th may , but i need to transfer files of its previous week which is from 24th April to 30th april ,the script fails, i have this loop in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer file via SFTP

Hi all, I'm trying to do a script to transfer file between my server and an external server via SFTP protocol. It doesn't use rsa key, but password. When I run the script, it throw back a prompt that request me to put the password. How should I do for automatic login? Pleaes help :( ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

UNIX script for daily file transfer ???

I need to create a script which needs to transfer the "<filename>+yyyymmdd".dat file from a unix machine to a linux machine.. daily. we can use an active batch to schedule the script. however, the script needs to detect if the new file is present, if present, then transfer. any help ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravikodi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To run ksh script via autosys job without asking password for file transfer

I've K shell script. It will transfer the files from one server to other server using 'SCP' command. While running the script alone as a command line in UNIX ssh terminal its running with out asking password and files are transferred with out asking for password. But by running the script using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshbabu
6 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin script to transfer file from windows to UNIX

Hi, Objective is to transfer files from windows server to Unix server using cygwin. I have installed cygwin, and I manually execute commands and transfer files from windows to unix using sftp. These are steps I execute 1) Run cmd 2) Run cygwin 3) At prompt type sftp user1@uniserver 4) lcd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make script for file transfer?

Hi All, Please suggest me how to make script for file transfer from server X to another server Y. I have some directory path in server X as below: /home/directory_1/ . . /home/directory_n/ where some text files are available in each directory where some files records zero and some files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automated File Transfer Script

We are receiving data feed files in SFTP location daily. so the folder structure in SFTP location is abc/def/studyname_1/outbound/zipped files So we will be getting different studies and for each study a folder is created abc/def/studyname_2/outbound/zipped files , ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sidhant
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from UNIX to shared location using shell script

Is there any possible way transfering the file from unix to shared location using shell script. i had created the batch script to fetch the files from unix to shared location and it works fine. Due to some problem in windows unable to transfer the file to shared location automatically. can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
BOS_INSTALL(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BOS_INSTALL(8)

NAME
bos_install - Installs a new version of a binary file SYNOPSIS
bos install -server <machine name> -file <files to install>+ [-dir <destination dir>] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos i -s <machine name> -f <files to install>+ [-d <destination dir>] [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos install command copies each binary file specified with the -file argument to the local disk of the server machine named by the -server argument, which is normally the binary distribution machine for its CPU/operating system type. The destination directory is /usr/lib/openafs unless the -dir argument indicates an alternate directory. The source file's UNIX mode bits are preserved in the transfer. If there is already a file of the same name in the destination directory, the BOS Server automatically saves it by adding a ".BAK" extension. If there is a current ".BAK" version at least seven days old, it replaces the current ".OLD" version. If there is no current ".OLD" version, the current ".BAK" version becomes the ".OLD" version automatically. The bos getdate command displays the timestamps on the current versions of the file. To start using the new binary immediately, issue the bos restart command. Otherwise, the BOS Server automatically restarts the process at the time defined in the /etc/openafs/BosConfig file; use the bos getrestart command to display the time and the bos setrestart time to set it. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the binary distribution machine on which to install the new binaries. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). If the machine is not a binary distribution machine and is running an "upclientbin" process, then the files are overwritten the next time the "upclientbin" process fetches the corresponding file from the distribution machine (by default within five minutes). -file <files to install>+ Specifies the complete pathname of each binary file to copy into the destination directory. Each source directory can be on the local disk or in AFS, in which case the issuer of the bos install command must have the necessary AFS access rights and the local machine must run the Cache Manager. For the BOS Server to create ".BAK" and ".OLD" versions, the last element in the pathname (the filename) must match the name of a file in the destination directory. bos_create(8) lists the standard binary file names. -dir <destination dir> Provides the complete pathname of the local disk directory in which to install binary files. It is necessary only if the destination directory is not /usr/lib/openafs. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command copies the file /afs/abc.com/rs_aix42/usr/lib/openafs/vlserver to the file /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver on the machine "fs3.abc.com", which is the binary distribution machine for server machines running AIX 4.2 in the "abc.com" cell. The current version of the /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver file is moved to /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver.BAK. % bos install -server fs3.abc.com -file /afs/abc.com/rs_aix42/usr/lib/openafs/vlserver PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. The bos install command cannot be run against servers which are in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
BosConfig(5), KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_getdate(8), bos_getrestart(8), bos_restart(8), bos_setrestart(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_INSTALL(8)