Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to mail a html file.?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to mail a html file.? Post 302756517 by sathyaonnuix on Wednesday 16th of January 2013 03:57:22 AM
Old 01-16-2013
Code:
echo "Content-type: text/html" > mail.html
echo "FROM: Rocky<you@gmail.com>" >> mail.html
echo "TO: recepient@gmail.com" >> mail.html
echo "SUBJECT: Test mail" >> mail.html
cat file.html >>mail.html

cat mail.html | sendmail -t

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How do I tell mail (or pine, or whatever) that the piped in file is html?

I'm writting a cron job and first it generates a HTML file, then grabs a list of email addresses and fires them to the people... I've been testing with the command line using: mail someone@somewhere.com -s Subject < file.html But once I look at it, it comes through as plain text not html. I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boots
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write a HTML file in UNIX and sent it as a body of a mail

Hi, How can I write a HTML file in Unix. Once I do that, I want to send this file as a body of a mail, along with writing a subject for the mail I am sending through unix. How can that be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diwa81
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail: html content

hi guys, am required to prepare a report and mail it, to make it more appealing :p i wish to have content of mail in rich text format i.e html type with mailx how to specify the content type of mail body as html? Thanks in advance!!! rishi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML attachment through mail

Hi I am new to unix and scripting.I am trying to send a html file as an attachment. SUBJECT="Type of Exceptions in Application" TO=Sushovan.Samals@gmail.com SPOOLFILE=/data/reg/tlogs/Monitor.html #echo "Send the E-mail message..." uuencode $SPOOLFILE $SPOOLFILE | mailx -s "$SUBJECT" $TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushovan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail x to HTML

Hi, i've build a script, 1: neon_script and the other 2:neon_mailing those to scripts i run with 3:neon_handmatig After that i get a mail in plain text in my mail box and i want it in html format. I already tried already a several things but nothings seems to work. Somebody got i idea how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rensen
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed a html file in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx?

How to embed a html file as subject in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx or any other way? we do not want the file as attachment, it should be embedded in the mail subject. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sending mail from txt file having HTML code via sendmail -t

Hi, i have the following code in shell named as test3.sh.. #!/bin/sh . /home/<user>/.profile export dt=`date "+%d%b%y"` export tim=`date "+%d%b%y %HM:%MM"` cd export WD=`pwd` SID="<sid>" export SID export ORACLE_SID=$SID export ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/$SID/102_64 export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sending html mail with attachment

Hi Everyone, I am facing problems in sending html mail with attachemnt. I will able to send mail with attachment (plain text ) using mailx -s and uuencode command and also html mail without attachment using sendmail option. However I am not able to send html mail along with attachment.Either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML mail with Attachment

Hi, I am using the below code: #!/bin/ksh SUBJ="Send mail from Unix with file attachments" TO=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com CC=sudha.viswanathan@jpmorgan.com ( cat << ! To : ${TO} Subject : ${SUBJ} Cc : ${CC} ! cat << ! MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html `cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies
from(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  from(1B)

NAME
from - display the sender and date of newly-arrived mail messages SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/from [-s sender] [username] DESCRIPTION
The from utility prints out the mail header lines in your mailbox file to show you who your mail is from. If username is specified, user- name's mailbox is examined instead of your own. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -s sender Only display headers for mail sent by sender. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of from when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). FILES
/var/mail/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
biff(1B), mail(1B), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Jan 2004 from(1B)