Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting The Start Of A Simple Audio Scope Shell Script... Post 302756321 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 15th of January 2013 03:21:13 PM
Old 01-15-2013
Simple example. If the interactive shell is ksh for example, then your script will not run correctly:
Code:
$ ksh
$ ./AudioScopeDisplay.sh
./AudioScopeDisplay.sh: line 10: syntax error at line 41: `(' unexpected
$

If you use the correct shebang, then it will run.

Also if you use #!/bin/sh on Ubuntu for example, it will not work...
On other linux distributions #!/bin/sh calls bash --posix which also will not always work like bash.
If you use a shebang then it should call the shell that the script is supposed to work with..

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-15-2013 at 04:43 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with shell variable's scope

Hi, I am stuck while developing a shell sub-routine which checks the log file for "success" or "failure". The subroutine reads the log file and checks for key word "success", if found it set the variable (found=1). It returns success or failure based on this variable. My problem is, I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scope of a Variable inside shell script

hi all, i'm using the following script, Status=1 Function_do () { while read line; do if ; then #echo $line if ; then Status=0 echo " LINKINK ERROR " fi fi done < ldd.log } Function_do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with stop/start Shell Script.

Hi All, I would like to develop a shell script for stop & start an application server (1-4) on Solaris box. Here are the user requirements for this task. 1. User will input the option which server they wish to stop. 2. Will clear cache files from specific location. 3. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venga
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Scope of Shell Programming and scripting

Hi all, I want to know what is the scope and job status of shell Programming and scripting. Does it have any attractive jobs? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each certificate and send the mail to the user. The user takes action to add the new certificate to the storage file and user owns the responsibility to update the input text file with the new certificate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casmo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to start shell script

Hi, Pleasse could someone advise why i'm getting this error below - No such file or directory dev6:$ ls -ltr ReleaseManagement.sh -rwxr-xr-x 1 dev fix 4830 Aug 22 11:13 ReleaseManagement.sh dev6:$ ./ReleaseManagement.sh : No such file or directory dev6:$ thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 10000 unique audio file of 2MB each using shell script.

Hi, I want 10000+ unique Audio file of approx 2MB each. How can i generate numerous audio files using shell script. Any tool, command or suggestions are welcome. If i give one audio seed file then can we create numerous unique files with same seed file? Any help is highly appreciable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushil.kumar
11 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

A simple variable frequency sinewave audio generator.

Hi all... Well I have not been inactive but working out how to make OSX 10.14.x command line audio player have a variable sample rate. This is a back door as afplay does not have a sample rate flag unlike aplay for ALSA, in Linux flavours. This is a DEMO only but a derivative of it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
aserver(1M)															       aserver(1M)

NAME
Aserver - start the audio server SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command starts the HP-UX Audio server, which can run on a system with audio hardware. See Audio(5) for information about which systems have audio hardware. The option forces the starting of the Audio server; this option is only needed if the Aserver has problems starting. The Audio Server Before using any audio tools such as the the system or X station must be running two audio server processes, called On a Series 700, the Remote Procedure Call daemon must also be running. Normally, the Aserver processes and start automatically when the system is booted. If problems occur on an ENTRIA or ENVIZEX X station, see the X station owner's manual. On a Series 700 Audio hardware, first check if is running. Type the following: If it is running, you see a line similar to the following. If it is not running, see HP 9000/DCE documentation for information on restarting it. If is running, verify that the Aserver is running. Type: If the Aserver is running you will see lines similar to the following, which indicate the presence of the two Aserver processes: If it is not running, become root and restart it as follows: If it fails to start, reissue the command with the option: Using Audio over the Network From a workstation, you can also use the Audio Editor and Control Panel over the network. However, the remote system is where the actual playback and recording occur. The local workstation (or audio client) can be any Series 700 system. The remote system (or audio server) can be a Series 700 or an X sta- tion with audio hardware and must have the Aserver processes running. If the server is a workstation, it must also allow access from remote clients (see asecure(1M)) and must have running. To make the system an audio client, set the variable by modifying the file as follows: Korn and POSIX Shells: C Shell: For system_name, identify the workstation or X Station running the Aserver. If the variable is not set, the Audio Library attempts to use to the Aserver on the system defined by the variable. If neither nor is set, the Aserver on the local machine is used. DEPENDENCIES
The Audio Server must run on a system that has audio hardware. Note that HP-UX for the 8MB 705 System does not include audio software. AUTHOR
The Audio Server was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audio(5), asecure(1M), attributes(1), convert(1), send_sound(1). aserver(1M)