Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rcp issue
Operating Systems Solaris Rcp issue Post 302756165 by shubh05 on Tuesday 15th of January 2013 10:10:33 AM
Old 01-15-2013
Hello,

It must be something else.

Generally, we have IPv6 addressing where hostname is in square brackets - [..]

So I am having little impression that, it might resolve this ip address at run time.

Thanks
Shubham

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive rcp

I wrote a shell script (AIX) to extract the file "/rep1/toto" from all the hosts referred in a list and send them to one local directory named ~/$host-$file with the hostname as prefix rcp -p user@host:/rep1/$file ~/$host-$file where file = toto ==> it works ! I would do the same thing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rcp in SCO 5.0.7

I am installing 5.0.7 on an existing SCO network. The 2 other machines are using 5.0.5 and rcp works daily both ways between the 2 older machines. However I cannot copy from either machine running 5.0.5 to the new 5.0.7 machine - "Permission Denied" /etc/hosts is configured correctly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farmacy
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcp

I am trying to set up RCP so root can access a few machines for file transfer. On the target machine, I have set up a .RHOSTS file that looks like: 10.33.1.59 root However when I try to use RCP to copy a file to this machine, I get permission denied. Is it possible since another user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on rcp,exportfs

i need some help on remote file copyieng.the queeries are: 1:> m working on a machine say(abc) and i want to copy a directory(yes a directory) from a remote machine. so what would be the command. 2:> do in need to login on the source machine from where i want to copy a directory. 3:> is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
0 Replies

5. Solaris

rcp not working

I applied patch 108993-65 on two servers (5.8) and now I am unable to rcp to either machine. Getting "permission denied". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using rcp command

Hi All, I am writing a shell script which will copy binaries from one remote server to local server. I am using "rcp command". But "rcp" command asks for the login password when copying to local server. Can anybody tell me how to pass the password through the shell script? Thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp the file

Hi I am using rcp command to copy the file one linux to other linux machine I need the ouput log for this like 1 file coied size of the file date stamp my copy comman is rcp 10.100.11.2:/u01/pr/uni.txt /u05/ryd/uni.txt once this script run i need to capture the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp -r || cp -r

what different between two instruction cp -r rcp -r (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Rcp between 2 computers

Hi, I need to rcp heavy files between 2 solaris 10/sparc M3000 computers. Currently theses 2 computers are linked via a switch/firewall and the rcp commands take a very long time, I have been told that this is because of the firewall (old one). I asked my client to by a cross ethernet cable and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)