Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rcp issue
Operating Systems Solaris Rcp issue Post 302756139 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 15th of January 2013 09:30:08 AM
Old 01-15-2013
Can it be that cgiprod:[tye131.trans]file_name1 is the name of the target file (in de home directory of user username?

Code:
$ touch cgiprod:[tye131.trans]file_name1
$ ls cgiprod:[tye131.trans]file_name1
cgiprod:[tye131.trans]file_name1
$ rm cgiprod:[tye131.trans]file_name1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive rcp

I wrote a shell script (AIX) to extract the file "/rep1/toto" from all the hosts referred in a list and send them to one local directory named ~/$host-$file with the hostname as prefix rcp -p user@host:/rep1/$file ~/$host-$file where file = toto ==> it works ! I would do the same thing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rcp in SCO 5.0.7

I am installing 5.0.7 on an existing SCO network. The 2 other machines are using 5.0.5 and rcp works daily both ways between the 2 older machines. However I cannot copy from either machine running 5.0.5 to the new 5.0.7 machine - "Permission Denied" /etc/hosts is configured correctly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farmacy
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcp

I am trying to set up RCP so root can access a few machines for file transfer. On the target machine, I have set up a .RHOSTS file that looks like: 10.33.1.59 root However when I try to use RCP to copy a file to this machine, I get permission denied. Is it possible since another user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on rcp,exportfs

i need some help on remote file copyieng.the queeries are: 1:> m working on a machine say(abc) and i want to copy a directory(yes a directory) from a remote machine. so what would be the command. 2:> do in need to login on the source machine from where i want to copy a directory. 3:> is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
0 Replies

5. Solaris

rcp not working

I applied patch 108993-65 on two servers (5.8) and now I am unable to rcp to either machine. Getting "permission denied". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using rcp command

Hi All, I am writing a shell script which will copy binaries from one remote server to local server. I am using "rcp command". But "rcp" command asks for the login password when copying to local server. Can anybody tell me how to pass the password through the shell script? Thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp the file

Hi I am using rcp command to copy the file one linux to other linux machine I need the ouput log for this like 1 file coied size of the file date stamp my copy comman is rcp 10.100.11.2:/u01/pr/uni.txt /u05/ryd/uni.txt once this script run i need to capture the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp -r || cp -r

what different between two instruction cp -r rcp -r (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Rcp between 2 computers

Hi, I need to rcp heavy files between 2 solaris 10/sparc M3000 computers. Currently theses 2 computers are linked via a switch/firewall and the rcp commands take a very long time, I have been told that this is because of the firewall (old one). I asked my client to by a cross ethernet cable and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies
syncbbdb-bootstrap(1)					      General Commands Manual					     syncbbdb-bootstrap(1)

NAME
syncbbdb-bootstrap - synchronize BBDB with Palm device SYNOPSIS
syncbbdb-bootstrap [ -port port ] [ -bbdb file ] -ids file -trans file DESCRIPTION
This script allows you to synchronize your Palm addressbooks and your BBDB data without using PilotManager(1). If you use PilotManager, this script is unncecessary. OPTIONS
-ids file The location of the ids file. This file is used to track changes in BBDB and Pilot (especially for a full sync). If you aren't using PilotManager(1) this can be any name but it should always be the same file (eg. ~/.bbdb.ids) -trans file The translation file. This file provides a mapping between the fields in the bbdb records and fields in the pilot records. The for- mat is one entry per line: <pilot name> <bbdb name> It is case sensitive -port port Port for pilot (defaults to /dev/pilot, or the environment variable PILOTPORT if set). -bbdb filename The location of your bbdb file (defaults to ~/.bbdb). SEE ALSO
PilotManager(1). Debian GNU/Linux May 2001 syncbbdb-bootstrap(1)