Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ssh with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ssh with awk Post 302756029 by Scott on Tuesday 15th of January 2013 04:32:12 AM
Old 01-15-2013
If there's a question in there, I'm not sure I understand it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk using ssh variable?

I have a file named Atoms that has a list of atoms listed vertically, like: O C Na etc. There is a variable number of them. I want to count their occurences in another file. I want to do this by saving each atom as a variable, preferabbly in an associative array, then counting how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RisingSun
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk through ssh help

First off we have hundreds of webservers in our farm that we sometimes have to collect logs for customers. Thing is the script that I currently am working on doesnt like my awk commands via ssh. I am very novice at best so all help would be greatly appreciated. ssh a$active "awk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbarnes
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting a variable, using SSH and awk?

hi there I am trying to get a value from a remote machine into a local variable. To get this value i want to use awk but im having trouble getting it to run, am i escaping in the right places here and using the right quotes (i must have tried a million combinations :() # VAR=`ssh server1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - skip x lines and ssh

Im trying to ssh to a remote machine to grep 'x info' *.log and Im able to get the grep output as expected but "after" the policies (1st 14 lines) - I need to skip the first 14 lines. Its SunOS. Plz help??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anthonyraj75
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: skip x lines and ssh

Im trying to ssh to a remote machine to grep 'x info' *.log and Im able to get the grep output as expected but "after" the policies (1st 14 lines) - I need to skip the first 14 lines. Its SunOS. Plz help??? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthonyraj75
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH and AWK Scripting

I am trying to put an awk command in ssh, for example: ERRCOUNT=`ssh -n $HOST "ps -ef | grep .job | grep -v grep | grep -v alert_jobs_still_running |wc -l"` From korn shell prompt this works: awk '/^Jul 12 16/ {print $0}' /u01/app/oracle/jobs/adhoc/test.dat | wc -l My data file:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradyd
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern matching on ssh

Hi folks, i am trying to filer some log file using awk command. When i try it on remote server, it can show the result. awk '$1=="2012-10-29" && $4==17353' somelogfile But when i try to execute it from ssh, it cannot show the same result. ssh someserver "awk '\$1=="2012-10-28" &&... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: howielim
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax error with ssh

I am attempting to ssh to a server and grab the line from /etc/group if it contains a specific GID. Example line from /etc/group: mysql:!:64600:mysql Run locally on <host>: # awk -F: '$3 == 64600 {print $1}' /etc/group mysql Attempt to ssh to <host> and execute: # ssh <host>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on executing awk using SSH

Hi All, Im trying to find the count of process running on remote server using SSH. Below command dosen't work. ssh -q user@host "ps -ef | grep "pattern" | grep -v 'grep' | awk '{print $2}'|wc -l" But below command works. ssh -q user@host "ps -ef | grep "pattern" | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk over ssh

for pics in $(su - admin -c 'ssh kitchen "(cat /lister/filer1/volz/camera/Pictures\ Lists/Arizona/Photoy.txt|gawk '{print $1}')"'); do echo $pics; done output: missing } This is a list of pictures. I am trying to get the first column. The command works fine, as long as I don't use the awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project