Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Converting pdf to jpg in multiple directories? Post 302755373 by martinsmith on Saturday 12th of January 2013 11:01:13 PM
Old 01-13-2013
Ubuntu [Solved] Converting pdf to jpg in multiple directories?

Hi!

On my Ubuntu I have thousands of files in a couple hundred directories. I'm trying to convert the pdf's to jpg's.

I used this command in terminal:
Code:
for fname in *.pdf; do convert $fname ${fname%.pdf}.jpg; done

It works great but the problem is I have to run this in terminal for each folder/directory so it's time consuming.

Is it possible to covert all the pdf's in the sub directories from the root directory at once in terminal?

Thanks for your help

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

Last edited by radoulov; 01-13-2013 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Marked as solved.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PDF/EPS to GIf/JPG Help!!

Hello. I have a large number of EPS files and a lesser number of PDFs that I need to convert to GIFs/JPGs using a Unix system. Is there a unix utility or application out there that can do this conversion? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. -Pook (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PookJP
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting ps file to pdf

I have a number of post script files (*.ps) which I need to convert into Pdf. I am using the ps2pdf command for this, but the trouble is that this commands takes only one input at a time. So the command ps2pdf *.ps doesnt work. how can I make a script which will take each .ps file from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasjot31
3 Replies

3. AIX

AIX converting PDF to PS

my app creates pdf and prints them on windows. I want to run the same app on AIX 5.2. I convert PDF to PS using acroread command. But some options of acroread like landscape etc do not work. I came to know from google that there is bug with acroread for AIX with landscape option. Can you suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakshukre
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting multiple latex files to pdf

Hi everybody! This is my first post. I am a student and I'm familiarizing myself with linux. I have lots of directories each containing file called "zadaci.latex". I want to convert them to pdf's and rename them to <directory_name>.pdf. I read alot on this forum and came up with this script:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Element9
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting html to pdf perl

Hi All, I have a requirement of converting an html form into pdf using perl. The html form contains images, tables and css implementation. I tried using various perl modules but failed to achive the target. I succeeded in generating a pdf from the html file using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting EPS to JPG issue

I'm trying to convert a file with the following command: convert -verbose image.eps -resize 500x image.jpg The problem is that the output image loses it's quality and gets all blurred when resized. It shouldn't happen since I'm working with a vector. I'm pretty sure that I'm missing a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript error while converting PDF to Postscript

Hi, I have been using Ghostscript to convert PDF to Postscript (PS) file. GS version : 8.15.2. GS command used is : gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -sDEVICE=pswrite -sOutputFile=output1.ps input1.pdf File format conversion to PS is success in majority of the cases but some PDF files are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeveejey
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a dummy file in all directories that include a .jpg

Hello. My latest project has me with the need for the following script. Basically, any directory that includes a .jpg file needs to also have a ".picture" file created (if it doesn't exist). Here's an example of what I need. /mnt/user/Pictures/2011/Hawaii - 2011/.picture... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinator
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create pdf of a jpg image in shell script

Dear Team, Can any one please let me know, if there is any way to create pdf of a Jpg image file in shell script. I work on Solaris, Korn Shell. Currently we are using sunpcl2pdf.exe to create PDF from PCL(Printer Control Language) files. But we are searching for some different way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttam Maji
2 Replies
WINFF(1)																  WINFF(1)

NAME
winff - video and audio batch converter using ffmpeg SYNOPSIS
winff DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the winff command. This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation pdf format; see below. WinFF is a graphical user interface for the command line video converter ffmpeg. It runs ffmpeg from the command line. So, you just pick your files and it does the rest. WinFF doesn't actually convert any video files. It just runs ffmpeg. Therefore, It will convert any video file that ffmpeg will convert. Conversely, if ffmpeg will not convert the file, then WinFF will not either. SEE ALSO
For more details, you should have a look at the pdf manual, available at /usr/share/doc/winff/winff.pdf AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Paul Gevers <paul@climbing.nl> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Paul Gevers june 14, 2008 WINFF(1)