Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing Solaris 11.1 on Red Hat system? Post 302755345 by DustinT on Saturday 12th of January 2013 04:07:32 PM
Old 01-12-2013
Yes, I concur with what the response above indicated. I'd also recommend you consider adding another disk. Whether an internal drive or external, you can most likely gain substantial experience without having to try and setup a triple boot scenario on a single drive.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Linux Red Hat 6.0

Hi everyone, I'm planning on installing Linux Redhat on my system, what are the steps i need to take in order to install it side by side with Win'98 or Win'Me OS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaos
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing ethereal on red hat

Has anybody installed ethereal on red hat linux. If so how ?, ie a a step by step process. I 've been to ethereal.com but it says not to use the RPM's on the site. When I do attempt to install using binaries or RPM's the list of dependancies seems endless, ie it says I need x I try to install x and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alien12
4 Replies

3. Gentoo

Installing Red Hat Linux

I intend to dual boot linux & Windows XP . I've already installed windows. Its impossible to install Red Hat Linux in graphical mode the screen just goes blank shortly after booting with the linux cd I succesfully installed in text mode. After booting the system I select Linux but the screen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Msororaji
3 Replies

4. Linux

system parameter values on Red Hat Linux

I am making a shell script that will display memory, disk space and CPU utilization at periodic intervals. I am planning to use free, df -h and mpstat commands and then parse them to extract the values. Can someone give me idea if I am using the correct command. I am interested to display overall... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
2 Replies

5. Linux

Installing Red Hat 5

Hello, I have a problem to installing Red Hat enterprise edition on intel core 2 duo cpu e8200 2.66ghz. Problem is that when i enter or type linux text on boot prompt it hang on some PCI installation. Please give me sum example that how I install RED HAT 5 on Core 2 Duo. In both GUI and Text Base.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hassan_1992
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How I can get System Performance Linux Red Hat

Hi All, Can someone help me out knowing all commands for getting system performance on Linux Red hat(I hope Red hat doesn't matter). I am aware of vmstat, sar and top. Thanks in advance, Yagami Light. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yagami
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

System unable to register with Red Hat Networks

ISSUE: The system is unable to register with Redhat network (RHN). SYSTEM DETAILS: RHEL6 (2.6.32-131.2.1.el6.x86_64). The firewall is turned off. I have network connectivity. There is no GUI. All work is done from the command line. The following files are installed:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithJ
4 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Problem Installing Cacti on Red Hat

Can someone please point me in the direction of where I can find out how to install cacti? there doesn't seem to be straightforward steps for it. after downloading the tar.gz file from cacti.net, there's basically no instructions of what to do from that point on. any help will be appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris for a Red Hat admin

Hello Solaris gurus Recently I was assigned to work on the company's Oracle Solaris 10 servers. Actually this is the first time I lay eyes on a Solaris machine... like ever! I've spent my career dealing with Red Hat run servers (I am an RHCE). I've also worked for a while on IBM AIX. The question... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Red Hat system not booting up

Hello, I had a linux server running mysql db without any issues, it just panic'd and now its not coming up , unfortunately we do not have backup for this server as well can anybody help on this. Following is the error Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0 ) notwithin permissible range Red... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)