Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sudo apt-get update fail: Malformed line 59 Post 302755279 by radoulov on Saturday 12th of January 2013 11:30:00 AM
Old 01-12-2013
Try commenting the lines with natty.
Code:
deb http://archive.canonical.com/natty partner 
deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/natty partner

Why you have Maverick, Oneiric and Natty in the source list?
Three different distros. Is it intentional?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apt-get update not working

Hi all, Till now i was able to do apt-get update. but today i started to the following error: # apt-get update E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (2 No such file or directory) E: Unable to lock the list directory # Could any one let me know how to solve it. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauri
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo apt-get install build-essential not working

it asks for password and then following is displayed Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Couldn't find package build-essential what should i do to install g++ compiler? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkle
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Sendmail 8.13.8 malformed address

Sending email produces malformed address error. The domain name appears as the active directory name which is not a valid Internet domain thus the malfomred address error. I have: divert(0)dnl VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc 1.11 (Sun) 06/21/04') OSTYPE(`solaris8')dnl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Banner causes scp to fail from script but not command line.

Hi, We have an interesting issue which is similar to the one in this thread, but that never provided a full answer. - Ohh apparently I can't post URLs till I have 5 posts, sorry. We have a simple script that copies files from one shelf to the other. Both shelves have an ssh banner defined. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RECrerar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error message of sudo apt-get

Hi, I am using ubuntu 12.04 and every time I installed new program or do: sudo apt-get install -f I get the following mesage: Download done. sha256sum mismatch jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed. dpkg: error processing oracle-java7-installer (--configure): subprocess... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstall sudo apt-get?

I am using ubuntu11.10 and i was trying to do the update to 12.04, i found a post suggesting to use to solve part of the problem: sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-keyring sudo apt-get --yes -q --allow-unauthenticated install ubuntu-keyringI ran the first command but not able to run the second or any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CS_NA
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Malformed session key while using Facebook API

Hi, I am doing some experiments with facebook API and unable to update the status using the API. My code is as follow as: use WWW::Facebook::API; use JSON::Any; my $query=new CGI; my $j = JSON::Any->new; my $api_key="#MY API KEY#"; my $secret="#MY SECRET KEY#"; my $fb =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. AIX

Update error - 7.1 migration builddate fail

Hi all, i have just migrate my aix 6.1 to 7.1. After migration my release is: 7100-00-03-1115 now i try to update to 7100-01-00-1140 but i receive lots of BUILD CHECK DATE FAILED on"mcr.rte" and other packets. +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
3 Replies

9. Linux

Apt-get update wont run and gives 503 service unavailable error

Hi, I am running on Ubuntu 12 (precise) 64 bit and came to know that i cannot install any packages using apt-get and aptitude. Linux test01 3.5.0-23-generic #35~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 25 17:13:26 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux But the same /etc/apt/sources.list file is... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
20 Replies
deb-old(5)							    dpkg suite								deb-old(5)

NAME
deb-old - old style Debian binary package format SYNOPSIS
filename.deb DESCRIPTION
The .deb format is the Debian binary package file format. This manual page describes the old format, used before Debian 0.93. Please see deb(5) for details of the new format. FORMAT
The file is two lines of format information as ASCII text, followed by two concatenated gzipped ustar files. The first line is the format version number padded to 8 digits, and is 0.939000 for all old-format archives. The second line is a decimal string (without leading zeroes) giving the length of the first gzipped tarfile. Each of these lines is terminated with a single newline character. The first tarfile contains the control information, as a series of ordinary files. The file control must be present, as it contains the core control information. In some very old archives, the files in the control tarfile may optionally be in a DEBIAN subdirectory. In that case, the DEBIAN subdirectory will be in the control tarfile too, and the control tarfile will have only files in that directory. Optionally the control tarfile may contain an entry for '.', that is, the current directory. The second gzipped tarfile is the filesystem archive, containing pathnames relative to the root directory of the system to be installed on. The pathnames do not have leading slashes. SEE ALSO
deb(5), dpkg-deb(1), deb-control(5). 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 deb-old(5)