Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Baffled by problems with ssh and samba Post 302755221 by Royalist on Saturday 12th of January 2013 09:20:36 AM
Old 01-12-2013
The end of the tunnel is in sight

I have the ssh daemon running.
Code:
roy@roy-desktop:~$ ps -fe | grep sshd
root      3811     1  0 13:57 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -D
roy       3818  3007  0 13:59 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto sshd

Thank you very much for spending so much time on what you clearly thought was a hopeless case.
I do appreciate your quaint turn of phrase:
Quote:
explain someone the difference between "dark green" and "light green" who was blind from birth either
However, I don't give up that easily. You maybe surprised to know that I have been learning (by using it) Linux terminal commands for more than a year and I have had a number of years of experience of other systems and computers in general.
It has taken many hours to reach this point and I am taking a break now, but will perservere later in following your later instructions. If you wish to be informed?
Again, very many thanks!!!SmilieSmilieSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba PROBLEMS

i am run SUSE 6.4 with apache that i built and maintain to serve my dads website, (www.farragutmarine.com for anyone who cares) anyway i am running samba and i have a huge problem, throughout the day, everything goes fine, but then my server will come to a grinding halt, if i try to telnet in or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

More SSH Problems.....

See: http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2002-36.html and http://www.rapid7.com/News/pr021216-ssh.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH problems

I am trying to ssh into a remote sun server, however I get X11 forwarding error. I have checked sshd_config file and X11 forwarding is enabled. Also xhost command doesnt give any output, it doesnt even return the prompt.I have to Ctrl C out of the situation. any suggestions anyone?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ysk
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problems running redhat config samba in the GUI

hi Recently the above option has stopped working all together. On clicking on this option it appears as though the window will open as the outline of the box appears but nothing more. On running this from a command prompt within the GUI , I get the following error: The last line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timcs
0 Replies

5. SCO

Authentication problems with Active Directory/Samba/Winbind/Pam

Hi all. I'm having real trouble authenticating users against active directory for my SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 box running samba 3.0.24 (installed via Maintenance pack 4). I can list AD users/groups (after overcoming several hiccups) with wbinfo -g / wbinfo -u. I can use id to get a view an ad user ie:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silk600
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems between a HP UX 11.31 Samba share and Windows 7...

Hi I have an issue with a client. He was able to use his mounted Samba share for a long time. However, a couple of days ago, he wasn't able to access all of his files all of a sudden. He still see's the share and majority of the files, but not some that he needs. I checked with Secure CRT on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
1 Replies

7. AIX

Installing SAMBA problems

I have created an LPAR and the next step is to get SAMBA installed, I have mounted our NIM server up and copied over the SAMBA binaries .bff files. How do i install these? i tried doing this through SMIT but had no luck..? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AIX OS 6.1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Samba 3.6.5 install problems

Hi all, I'm trying to update my samba 3.5.10 to 3.6.5 due to security CVE issued with 3.5. I downloaded and unzipped, did the make and make install and the ./configure. I didn't use any changes to it and it said it installed correctly added it to my path and it looks like it's operating... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattymatt79
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP-UX SSH and Active Directory Kerberos with Samba

The situation: i have a AD server with samba4,all clients ssh-kerberos works fine,except hpux :p wich works only for few days..then i must re-export(sic!) the keys with samba-tool domain exportkeytab 11.keytab --principal=host/hpux.fqdn Why after few days ssh return error "server not found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)

NAME
ssh-ldap-helper -- sshd helper program for ldap support SYNOPSIS
ssh-ldap-helper [-devw] [-f file] [-s user] DESCRIPTION
ssh-ldap-helper is used by sshd(1) to access keys provided by an LDAP. ssh-ldap-helper is disabled by default and can only be enabled in the sshd configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config by setting AuthorizedKeysCommand to ``/usr/libexec/openssh/ssh-ldap-wrapper''. ssh-ldap-helper is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from sshd(8) via ssh-ldap-wrapper. The options are as follows: -d Set the debug mode; ssh-ldap-helper prints all logs to stderr instead of syslog. -e Implies -w; ssh-ldap-helper halts if it encounters an unknown item in the ldap.conf file. -f ssh-ldap-helper uses this file as the ldap configuration file instead of /etc/ssh/ldap.conf (default). -s ssh-ldap-helper prints out the user's keys to stdout and exits. -v Implies -d; increases verbosity. -w ssh-ldap-helper writes warnings about unknown items in the ldap.conf configuration file. SEE ALSO
sshd(8), sshd_config(5), ssh-ldap.conf(5), HISTORY
ssh-ldap-helper first appeared in OpenSSH 5.5 + PKA-LDAP . AUTHORS
Jan F. Chadima <jchadima@redhat.com> BSD
April 29, 2010 BSD