Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Login, excute command, logout Script Help Post 302755141 by mutley2202 on Saturday 12th of January 2013 02:33:58 AM
Old 01-12-2013
Thanks for your advice much appreciated, this is a task I have to so on a regular basis so will defiantly be looking at my options.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login and logout script

Hi all I know ho I can run a script when a user logs in, viz using the .login or .profile file, however what can I use to run a script when a user logouts ? Thanks J :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

??? Log file users login and logout..???

hi all... only one question.... what is the file...where show me records login and logout of the unix user's..?? thank you.... I waiting for response... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chanfle
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

detecting login or logout

what function would tell me that a user has logged in or out? i already know from my script the users name i already know in real time there was an event how an I tell if that event was a login or logout? Any ideas? # i did try comparing the file sizes for change but various users may... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
8 Replies

4. HP-UX

setup a logfile for user login/logout ???

Hi everybody, im a newer, i want to setup a logfile to capture information about user login/logout (and some other events ex: a user ftp, run a speacial command) on my system in HP-UX, pls help me. i think only edit file /etc/syslog.conf but dont know how to do it. Help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwd
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a logfile for user login/logout ???

Hi everybody, im a newer, i want to setup a logfile to capture information about user login/logout (and some other events ex: a user ftp, run a speacial command) on my system in HP-UX, pls help me. i think only edit file /etc/syslog.conf but i dont know how to do it. Help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwd
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Login/Logout script

Dear readers I use SnowLeopard 10.6.2 and need to do some special tasks at login and logout of an sepcific user. My problem is, how do I send a string "login" respectively "logout" from computer "A", where the login/logout script runs, to computer "B" where some other tasks need to be done. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthaler
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Syslog login/logout User

Hi, i'm trying to configure /etc/syslog.conf for log user access. In debian i add: auth,authpriv.* @serverName I don't know the correct Aix syntax for syslog :( My @serverName get the log successfully.. I need to log correct/incorrect login attempts. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankBuck
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Login and logout logs in server

Hi, Can you please let me know how can and where we will find the logs. ie,which user is login and logout from server and by using which ip address they accessed server. please let me know the steps and folder, file names to trace the logs from server . we are using System = SunOS 5.10. Please... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kancherla.sree
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login/Logout Information in report

Hello Experts, Am very much new to the bash shell scripting.I need a small favour,I need a shell script to get Login and Logout information in a csv file.Can some one help me out please. Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmed.vaghar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login and logout time of a session

Hi, How can I find out the login and logout time of the old UNIX session/user?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies
Aspect::Advice::Around(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Aspect::Advice::Around(3pm)

NAME
Aspect::Advice::Around - Execute code both before and after a function SYNOPSIS
use Aspect; around { # Trace all calls to your module print STDERR "Called my function " . $_->sub_name . " "; # Lexically alter a global for this function local $MyModule::MAXSIZE = 1000; # Continue and execute the function $_->run_original; # Suppress exceptions for the call $_->return_value(1) if $_->exception; } call qr/^ MyModule::w+ $/; DESCRIPTION
The "around" advice type is used to execute code on either side of a function, allowing deep and precise control of how the function will be called when none of the other advice types are good enough. Using "around" advice is also critical if you want to lexically alter the environment in which the call will be made (as in the example above where a global variable is temporarily changed). This advice type is also the most computationally expensive to run, so if your problem can be solved with the use of a different advice type, particularly "before", you should use that instead. Please note that unlike the other advice types, your code in "around" is required to trigger the execution of the target function yourself with the "proceed" method. If you do not "proceed" and also do not set either a "return_value" or "exception", the function call will return "undef" in scalar context or the null list "()" in list context. AUTHORS
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2010 Adam Kennedy. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-01 Aspect::Advice::Around(3pm)