Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Login, excute command, logout Script Help Post 302755067 by mutley2202 on Friday 11th of January 2013 05:32:28 PM
Old 01-11-2013
Login, excute command, logout Script Help

Good Evening all,
After spending the last week or so reading many posts I decided to register and join in. This is my first post on the forum so please forgive me as im new to this, Im after some help in throwing together a quick basic script without using expect to change the password on several routers.

All i need to do is below

ssh username@hostname

then you will be prompted for a password so the script needs to enter the password.

Commands that need entering

password change

then you will be prompted for current password so script to enter current password

you will then be prompted to enter new password so again script to enter

then you are requested to confirm the password again.

logout then start over again on the next router.

unfortunatly i am unable to create password less login either...

Any help you guys can offer would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by mutley2202; 01-11-2013 at 06:57 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login and logout script

Hi all I know ho I can run a script when a user logs in, viz using the .login or .profile file, however what can I use to run a script when a user logouts ? Thanks J :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

??? Log file users login and logout..???

hi all... only one question.... what is the file...where show me records login and logout of the unix user's..?? thank you.... I waiting for response... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chanfle
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

detecting login or logout

what function would tell me that a user has logged in or out? i already know from my script the users name i already know in real time there was an event how an I tell if that event was a login or logout? Any ideas? # i did try comparing the file sizes for change but various users may... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
8 Replies

4. HP-UX

setup a logfile for user login/logout ???

Hi everybody, im a newer, i want to setup a logfile to capture information about user login/logout (and some other events ex: a user ftp, run a speacial command) on my system in HP-UX, pls help me. i think only edit file /etc/syslog.conf but dont know how to do it. Help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwd
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a logfile for user login/logout ???

Hi everybody, im a newer, i want to setup a logfile to capture information about user login/logout (and some other events ex: a user ftp, run a speacial command) on my system in HP-UX, pls help me. i think only edit file /etc/syslog.conf but i dont know how to do it. Help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwd
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Login/Logout script

Dear readers I use SnowLeopard 10.6.2 and need to do some special tasks at login and logout of an sepcific user. My problem is, how do I send a string "login" respectively "logout" from computer "A", where the login/logout script runs, to computer "B" where some other tasks need to be done. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthaler
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Syslog login/logout User

Hi, i'm trying to configure /etc/syslog.conf for log user access. In debian i add: auth,authpriv.* @serverName I don't know the correct Aix syntax for syslog :( My @serverName get the log successfully.. I need to log correct/incorrect login attempts. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankBuck
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Login and logout logs in server

Hi, Can you please let me know how can and where we will find the logs. ie,which user is login and logout from server and by using which ip address they accessed server. please let me know the steps and folder, file names to trace the logs from server . we are using System = SunOS 5.10. Please... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kancherla.sree
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login/Logout Information in report

Hello Experts, Am very much new to the bash shell scripting.I need a small favour,I need a shell script to get Login and Logout information in a csv file.Can some one help me out please. Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmed.vaghar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login and logout time of a session

Hi, How can I find out the login and logout time of the old UNIX session/user?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)