Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup Failure
Operating Systems Solaris Backup Failure Post 302754749 by andersonedouard on Friday 11th of January 2013 04:14:10 AM
Old 01-11-2013
bash-3.00# mt -f /dev/rmt/0 status
HP DAT-72 tape drive:
sense key(0x0)= No Additional Sense residual= 0 retries= 0
file no= 0 block no= 0

Backup still fails

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld failure

Hi, I am using gmake to compile a c program with a makefile. The make file runs ld. I get the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ gmake -e -f GNUmakefile queue_c gmake -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

3. SCO

Backup to SCSI Tape Backup aborts

I am trying to make a full backup of my system using the cpio command. The Tape Unit is a SCSI DDS. The process started fine but after about 30 minutes, it just stopped and showed the following message: 1755 Signal 31 - Core dumped Any idea of what is causing this and how to fix it? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionpc
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su failure

Usually when su rejects an attempt to switch user it responds with "Sorry" but with a certain username on some unix servers the response is "Killed". I'm guessing the su accepted the username/password but refused to spawn child shell with the specified username. What's causing this and what has to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

backup a file and keep every version of the backup

I am trying to backup my .bash_history and I want to keep every version of the backup. I am thinking to put one of these in my crontab. 0 0 * * 0,3 cat .bash_history > boo 0 0 * * 0,3 cp .bash_history boo I would like the backups to be called boo1, boo2, boo3, etc. I would like to keep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Backup Failure

I fairly new to UNIX and LINUX. I am trying to resolve an issue with my SCO OpenServer Release 5. My backups are failing with the following error: cpio: MT_RECOVER failed for this device: Bad address (error 14) cpio: Error occurred during end-of-media operations. cpio: Please reissue the cpio... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddsakline
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies
tms(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    tms(7)

NAME
tms - TMSCP magnetic tape interface SYNOPSIS
For XMI/KDM on Alpha-based systems: bus xmi0 at iop0 vector xmierror controller uq0 at xmi? port kdm vector uqintr device tape tms0 at uq0 drive 0 For MSI Bus: only MIPS-based DECsystem 5500 bus msi0 at ibus? vector msi_isr controller dssc1 at msi0 msinode 1 device tape tms3 at dssc1 drive 3 For XMI/CI/HSC on Alpha-based systems: bus xmi0 at iop0 vector xmierror bus ci0 at xmi? port np vector cimna_isr controller hsc6 at ci0 cinode 6 device tape tms3 at hsc6 drive 3 For tms devices dual ported between two controllers: device tape tms2 at * drive 2 DESCRIPTION
The TMSCP driver provides a standard tape drive interface, as described in mtio(7). This is a driver for any controller that adheres to the Tape Mass Storage Control Protocol (TMSCP). The TMSCP controllers communicate with the host through a packet-oriented protocol termed the Tape Mass Storage Control Protocol. Tape Support - Alpha-based systems TA78, TA79, TA81, TA90, TA90E, TA91 Diagnostics All diagnostic messages are sent to the error logger subsystem. FILES
/dev/rmt??? /dev/nrmt??? SEE ALSO
mtio(7), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8), tapex(8) delim off tms(7)