Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding DSN for MySql
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding DSN for MySql Post 302754663 by Anupam_Halder on Thursday 10th of January 2013 11:42:41 PM
Old 01-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinajith
Did you check MySQL Manual
hey cool man. I am very new to mysql as well. But this will help Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for adding a table in mysql with 10,000 lines ... pls help

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I need to write a shell script in sql to add 10,000 lines of data in a table . Pls help guys :) ---------- Post updated at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 PM ---------- guys please help !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinumahalingam
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Test new DSN connection to sql server

I installed an odbc driver and created a DSN to connect to a sql server database on AIX 6. I want to know how to test the DSN from the command line. What syntax or commands do I use? ---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:26 AM ---------- OK I figured out how... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jdbrown239
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy UNIX File into a DSN with a specific Format

Hi All , I am new to programming and here is what i am trying to achieve , i am taking a list of mounted filesystems (based on the HLQ) , passing it on to a txt file and then copying the file to a DSN .The code i am using : df | grep WAST.*WASCFG.*ZFS | awk '{print $2}' | sort -o log.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnjanM
5 Replies

5. AIX

I cannot find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX

Where can I find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX AIX Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
mysql(1)							  MySQL database							  mysql(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - Fixes MySQL privilege tables. SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables [mysql_root_password] DESCRIPTION
This scripts updates the mysql.user, mysql.db, mysql.host and the mysql.func tables to MySQL 3.22.14 and above. This is needed if you want to use the new GRANT functions, CREATE AGGREGATE FUNCTION or want to use the more secure passwords in 3.23 If you get 'Access denied' errors, run the script again and give the MySQL root user password as an argument. SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysqlshow(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org>. MySQL is available at http://www.mysql.com/. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 17 March 2003 mysql(1)