Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Local script to trigger multiple remote scripts Post 302754567 by sain on Thursday 10th of January 2013 05:47:58 PM
Old 01-10-2013
I copied from a similar script. I even don't know what it does. Smilie
I removed it and tried, but it is still the same, scripts on server2/3 never start.
Also, to mention when i start that script on my local, I see a logs written to my local screen, which is very strange for me..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop a script running in remote server from local script

Hi, I have googled for quite some time and couldn't able to get what exactly I am looking for.. My query is "how to stop a shell script which is running inside a remote server, using a script"??? can any one give some suggestions to sort this out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh help - getting the output of remote script to local server.

Hi, I have a script that runs for an hour. Have to run it on remote server and need the output it produces on the remote server to decide for failure or success. I run it through a Autosys Job which logs the outputs, both 1 & 2. I use the commands 1) rsh <SERVER> 'nohup /tmp/xyz.ksh &' 2)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger a script by consequtive scripts in crontab

Hello Friends, I've been searching solutions for an exceptional backup case recently, I need someone to guide me, suggest a method pls. In a production system we have backup scripts, they are run by cron one after another, and monthly. There is 1 hour difference between each consecutive script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move folders from Multiple remote Servers to my local computer

I have 20 Servers (They are Windows 2003) that I remote every day using names or IP address and type in my username & Password then copy folders manually to my local computer. I'm wondering if i can just run script(s) from my local computer to do this job without using FTP(because of security... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Remote execution of a local script on multiple servers

So I have a scriptlet called solaris_command: for i in \ server1 server2 server3 do echo $i ssh $i $1 echo "" done I then use that as a command in multiple scripts to allow for data gathering for all virtual hosts in the environment thusly: solaris_command "cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a local script against a remote server

I am unable to run the below script against a remote server due to syntax error (then unexpected), but i am able to run it locally. Am i executing it correctly or is there any other way to execute it. ssh username@servernname ksh -s < scriptname #!/bin/ksh function record { ((end =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Except script to run a local shell script on remote server using root access

local script: cat > first.sh cd /tmp echo $PWD echo `whoami` cd /tmp/123 tar -cvf 789.tar 456 sleep 10 except script: cat > first #!/usr/bin/expect set ip 10.5.15.20 set user "xyz123" set password "123456" set script first.sh spawn sh -c "ssh $user@$ip bash < $script" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya Avanth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep remote multiple hosts output to local server

Hello all, i'm trying to create a report by greping a pattern on multiple remote hosts and creta a simple report, actually i did this, is ther any better way to do this. #!/bin/bash for host in `cat RemoteHosts` do ssh $host -C 'hostname 2>&1; grep ERROR /var/log/WebServer.log.2019-09-21... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)				    systemd-rc-local-generator				     SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-rc-local-generator - Compatibility generator for starting /etc/rc.local and /usr/sbin/halt.local during boot and shutdown SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-rc-local-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-rc-local-generator is a generator that checks whether /etc/rc.local exists and is executable, and if it is pulls the rc-local.service unit into the boot process. This unit is responsible for running this script during late boot. Note that the script will be run with slightly different semantics than the original System V version, which was run "last" in the boot process, which is a concept that does not translate to systemd. The script is run after network.target, but in parallel with most other regular system services. systemd-rc-local-generator also checks whether /usr/sbin/halt.local exists and is executable, and if it is pulls the halt-local.service unit into the shutdown process. This unit is responsible for running this script during later shutdown. Support for both /etc/rc.local and /usr/sbin/halt.local is provided for compatibility with specific System V systems only. However, it is strongly recommended to avoid making use of these scripts today, and instead provide proper unit files with appropriate dependencies for any scripts to run during the boot or shutdown processes. systemd-rc-local-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)