Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding DSN for MySql
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding DSN for MySql Post 302754553 by DGPickett on Thursday 10th of January 2013 05:07:05 PM
Old 01-10-2013
Is this unixODBC or windows?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for adding a table in mysql with 10,000 lines ... pls help

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I need to write a shell script in sql to add 10,000 lines of data in a table . Pls help guys :) ---------- Post updated at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 PM ---------- guys please help !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinumahalingam
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Test new DSN connection to sql server

I installed an odbc driver and created a DSN to connect to a sql server database on AIX 6. I want to know how to test the DSN from the command line. What syntax or commands do I use? ---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:26 AM ---------- OK I figured out how... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jdbrown239
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy UNIX File into a DSN with a specific Format

Hi All , I am new to programming and here is what i am trying to achieve , i am taking a list of mounted filesystems (based on the HLQ) , passing it on to a txt file and then copying the file to a DSN .The code i am using : df | grep WAST.*WASCFG.*ZFS | awk '{print $2}' | sort -o log.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnjanM
5 Replies

5. AIX

I cannot find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX

Where can I find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX AIX Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
odbcinst(1)						       unixODBC manual pages						       odbcinst(1)

NAME
odbcinst - An unixODBC tool for manipulating configuration files SYNOPSIS
odbcinst ACTION OBJECT OPTIONS DESCRIPTION
odbcinst is a command line tool which has been created for allowing people who are developing the install scripts/RPMs for Drivers to be able to easily create/remove entries in odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini. This command line tool is a complement to the shared library of the same name (libodbcinst.so). This tool is a part of the odbcinst component of unixODBC. OPTIONS
ACTIONS -i Install (add section to config file) new OBJECT. -u Uninstall (remove section from config file) existing OBJECT. -q Query the config files and print the options for specified OBJECT. -j Prints current configuration of unixODBC, listing (among others) the paths to the configuration files. -c Calls SQLCreateDataSource -m Calls SQLManageDataSources --version Prints program version and exits. OBJECTS -d The ACTION affect drivers (and thus the odbcinst.ini configuration file). -s The ACTION affect data sources (and thus the user or system odbc.ini configuration file). OPTIONS -f FILE The FILE is template file, describing the configuration of installed OBJECT (only valid for the -i ACTION). -r Same as the -f OPTION, only take the standard input as the template file. -n NAME Specifies the NAME of the OBJECT. -v Turn off verbose mode. This turns off all information, warning and error messages. -l The specified data source is system-wide. Has any effect only with the -s OBJECT. -h The specified data source is user-specific. Has any effect only with the -s OBJECT. RETURN VALUES
This command returns zero on success and non-zero value on failure. FILES
/etc/odbinst.ini Configuration file containing all the database drivers specifications. See odbcinst.ini(5) for more details. /etc/odbc.ini System-wide data sources specifications. See odbc.ini(5) for more details. $HOME/.odbc.ini User-specific data sources specifications. See odbc.ini(5) for more details. SEE ALSO
odbcinst.ini(5), odbc.ini(5) AUTHORS
The authors of unixODBC are Peter Harvey <pharvey@codebydesign.com> and Nick Gorham <nick@easysoft.com>. For the full list of contributors see the AUTHORS file. COPYRIGHT
unixODBC is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License. For details about the license, see the COPYING file. version 2.3.1 Wed 26 Jun 2013 odbcinst(1)