Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Specify version in yum update Post 302754459 by DGPickett on Thursday 10th of January 2013 03:35:13 PM
Old 01-10-2013
I think you have to identify the full package name to yum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

update packages with yum

Hello Is there a way to update a package to a specific version with yum? So, I have version 1 of package A installed. Versions 2 and 3 are available, but I only want to upgrade to version 2. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garskoci
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Yum Update

I am using Cent OS 5 i need to update proxy server address in yum, i don't know where to update and how exactly i need to specify the proxy address can anyone help me in the issue. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneel2k
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Centos commands: Yum Upgrade versus Yum update

Hi, I would like to know the difference between YUM UPDATE and YUM UPGRADE. The man pages say upgrade is same as update with the obsolete option. And by default it says the obsolete option is turned on, which would make them equivalent. Does not say what obsolete does. Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

4. Linux

Yum update/install script

Any one know of a way to do a yum -install and draw the argument of what to install from a text file? I have a huge list of rpms that I have to install on a bunch of machines and I would like to run one script that goes to each machine and installs all rpms in the list I have. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rd42
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Yum Update and Kernels

I have a server running CentOS 5 and when yum update is run and a new kernel is installed and there are more then 3 kernels installed the oldest ones are removed. Anyway to achieve this with CentOS 4? Matt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lforum
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Downgrade kernel version with yum

Dear all, Now I need to downgrade my current kernel to 2.6.12 I found some pages with Google, and they said that I can do it with yum, but there is not details information. How can I use yum to downgrade kernel version :wall: Please help me Thank you very much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hannibal2010
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yum update using expect

Hi, I have an expect script which connects to whatever Ip is passed to it. It performs a variety of tasks, all of which it completes fine except for the yum updates. For some reason it sends commands early, during the yum update. Any ideas? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meor
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to perform yum update

Hi, I run RHEL 5.2 as a server in my lab. Now the issue I am facing is that I am unable to update my machine using yum update. It shows an error of missing dependencies though dependencies are already installed. Please help me to do that. Error screen shot is also attached. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
9 Replies

9. Fedora

Yum update error

Hello, I issued # yum update and received below error. Any idea? # yum update Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, universal-hooks Setting up Update Process Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * cpanel-addons-production-feed: 204.10.37.146 * base: mirrors.oit.uci.edu * extras:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
yum-cron(8)															       yum-cron(8)

NAME
yum-cron - an interface to convieniently call yum from cron SYNOPSIS
yum-cron [config-file] DESCRIPTION
yum-cron is an alternate interface to yum that is optimised to be convenient to call from cron. It provides methods to keep repository metadata up to date, and to check for, download, and apply updates. Rather than accepting many different command line arguments, the dif- ferent functions of yum-cron can be accessed through config files. config-file is used to optionally specify the path to the configuration file to use. If it is not given, the default configuration file will be used. It is useful to be able to specify different configuration files for different use cases. For example, one configuration file might be set to update the repository metadata, and a line could be added to the crontab to run yum-cron frequently using this file. Then, another configuration file might be set to install updates, and yum-cron could be run from cron using this file just once each day. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-cron.conf /etc/yum/yum-cron-hourly.conf SEE ALSO
yum (8) AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, you should email the mailing list, yum@lists.baseurl.org, or consult bugzilla. Nick Jacek yum-cron(8)