Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Performance of a server
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Performance of a server Post 302754333 by Corona688 on Thursday 10th of January 2013 12:15:30 PM
Old 01-10-2013
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

server performance..

Hi, would like to know the server status from the following 'top' out put. Because, the application is giving a bad performance. would like to know whether the load is within the acceptable limit. Murali... System: shpu28 Tue Feb 3 10:03:31... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manduva
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

server/client performance

Ello group, I have general question about how the performance of server/client should be? My server is able to answer about 650times per second. Is it good performance? the apache on the same machine makes 1600/sec BUT there is nine instances of httpd daemon what makes 180/ sec /instance. of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomjan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

performance of unix server

Hi, I am supposed to run few jobs based on the usage of unix server. How to find out if the server is too busy. what are the commands we can use to find out that. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnat
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Server performance

Hi, i would like to ask if it is possible to get the server load on a solaris machine, but i don't want something like uptime (load average), iostat and vmstat. I would like to get something in percentage like CPU load in %, Disk usage in %, Ram usage in %. I want to collect this data and to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Server performance

Hi, Please advice .. if server is slowness then what are the steps i have to follow... Thanks, Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
5 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

99% performance wa, slow server.

There is a big problem with the server (VPS based on OpenVZ, CentOS 5, 3GB RAM). The problem is the following. The first 15-20 minutes after starting the server is operating normally, the load average is less than or about 1.0, but then begins to increase sharply% wa, then hovers around 95-99%.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: draiphod
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Server performance bottleneck

hi all, My server box is slow running. I have provide some statistics below: Where is the bottleneck on the server? I guess the bottleneck is disk I/O? bash-3.00# prstat -Z PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 29206 mobi1 334M 264M sleep ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: buyantugs
8 Replies

8. AIX

Poor Performance of server

Hi, I am new registered user here in this UNIX forums. I am a new system administrator for AIX 6.1. One of our servers performs poorly every time our application (FINACLE) runs many processes/instances. (see below for topas snapshot) I use NMON or Topas to monitor the server utilization. I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guzzelle
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

Server performance

Hi Guys, I am running Oracle database on RHEL 2.6.18-164.el5, now I want to check and make sure that my server is performing optimally. I check top: top - 09:45:03 up 2 days, 15:22, 3 users, load average: 2.57, 2.85, 2.77 Tasks: 433 total, 3 running, 430 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance Bottleneck in server, Need help

We are wondering if we are facing performance issue in our server when running Informatica jobs. Two things to suspect: cache memory never comes down even when Top shows > 99% used. There is some contention io or network related or Cache is clogged top - 20:58:20 up 16 days, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smart_guy471
3 Replies
cpc_access(3CPC)														  cpc_access(3CPC)

NAME
cpc_access - test access CPU performance counters SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lcpc [ library... ] #include <libcpc.h> int cpc_access(void); Access to CPU performance counters is possible only on systems where the appropriate hardware exists and is correctly configured. The cpc_access() function must be used to determine if the hardware exists and is accessible on the platform before any of the interfaces that use the counters are invoked. When the hardware is available, access to the per-process counters is always allowed to the process itself, and allowed to other processes mediated using the existing security mechanisms of /proc. Upon successful completion, cpc_access() returns 0. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. By default, two common errno values are decoded and cause the library to print an error message using its reporting mechanism. See cpc_seterrfn(3CPC) for a description of how this behavior can be modified. The cpc_access() function will fail if: EAGAIN Another process may be sampling system-wide CPU statistics. ENOSYS CPU performance counters are inaccessible on this machine. This error can occur when the machine supports CPU performance counters, but some software components are missing. Check to see that all CPU Performance Counter packages have been cor- rectly installed. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cpc(3CPC), cpc_open(3CPC), cpc_seterrfn(3CPC), libcpc(3LIB), proc(4), attributes(5) The cpc_access() function exists for binary compatibility only. Source containing this function will not compile. This function is obsolete and might be removed in a future release. Applications should use cpc_open(3CPC) instead. 28 Mar 2005 cpc_access(3CPC)