Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GREP for sorting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers GREP for sorting Post 302754225 by glev2005 on Thursday 10th of January 2013 09:01:05 AM
Old 01-10-2013
If your example is correct, it seems that you basically want to print out everything except the uppercase lines, which could be done easily with
Code:
grep -v '^[A-Z]' filename.txt

This User Gave Thanks to glev2005 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep sorting/formatting

Hi, I currently have many log files for different webpages inside the folder /log/. The program allows the user to enter a month and then the grep function searches for it, the command i used is below: grep -c "$month" ./log/*.log This works and i can ascertain the number of matches, but I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaken
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting :

Hi .... iam having a file with 20,000 rows and 56 colums. Iam trying to sort a file ....for that iam using 'sort' command. If iam having 3 and 5 key colums etc ... as numerical this 'sort' command will work? what ihave to do ? sample example : E100|0|19940102|1|11111|E003... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyam_sat
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting using count, grep and count

Hi, I trying to sort information in a file by making count for every object. For example: A B A D A B C i would like to sort out count for each object (A's, B's and etc) but in actual case i dont know the object but i know the position ofthe object. do i need to use array as well? Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhpal_78
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK/GREP sorting help

hi everyone, I am kind of new to this forum. I need help in sorting this data out accordingly, I am actually doing a traceroute application and wants my AS path displayed in front of my address like this; 192.168.1.1 AS28513 AS65534 AS5089 AS5089 .... till the last AS number and if possible sort... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam127
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting

Hii guys, I need to sort my file and remove duplicates before writing to another file. The first line in the file are column names. I dont want this line to be sorted and should always be the first line in the output. sort -u file.txt > file1.txt. is the command that i am using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: just4u_sharath
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script: Sorting by column using grep/awk

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: You will write a script that will read a tab-separated file that contains the names of all 50 states &... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tburns517
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l`

i have this line of code that looks for the same file if it is currently running and returns the count. `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` basically it is assigned to a variable ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting

Hi, I've got two arrays 1 3 5 7 2 4 6 8 and i need to write a shell script to get the output 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 without using sort or bubble sort. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: web2moha
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting

I do sort on the date and Time chronologically, how can I make the NIL to be below in the output Input file: KT NIL NIL ZK 02/09/2016 18:11 CD NIL NIL AS 02/09/2016 18:22 AB 02/08/2016 18:17 VA 02/09/2016 18:50 CX 02/09/2016 18:10 sort -b -k 2.9,2.10 -k 2.1,2.2 -k 2.4,2.5 -k... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)