Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help me in just providing idea about what to be done? Post 302754013 by methyl on Thursday 10th of January 2013 12:13:27 AM
Old 01-10-2013
Ideas:
1) Find out disc free space and compare with yesterday. Report significant differences by email.
2) Report backup results by email.
3) Filter system error logs and report real problems by email.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Providing a Link to Perl

I was wondering how I can create a link to the perl interpreter. On my old machine perl is at: user/local/bin/perl and my new machine has it at: user/bin/perl I don't want to have to change all my cgi scripts when I move them to the new server. Can I just create a new directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingdom
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script providing input to application prompts

Hi! I want to write a script that will create an archive (via tar) that will restrict the size of the tar file. The size can be constrained using the keyword 'k' and providing the size restriction. The problem is that the script needs to know (detect) when the tar command prompts the user (which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch8
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping text by providing line numbers.

Dear Friends, I have a flat file from which I want to grep line no. 7,10, 19 to 35, 37. How can it be done? Thank you in advance Anushree (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with bash script providing battery status

I'm really new to even doing a bash "hello world" script, so maybe someone would know how to do the following task, using bash scripting Need to login using ssh from one dell server into another dell server, and obtain the raid battery status, using dell's open manage software commands; then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJ-102111
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Providing variable contents to awk

Hello, All. This is my first post here, and I expect that the answer is simple, but I can't find it. Might be the way I'm searching. I'm fairly new to Unix/Linux, and I'm writing a Korn Shell Script. I am trying to provide a value that is already in a variable to awk so that awk can pull out the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: compguy74
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking string only 6 character long and providing a count

Morning Guys, I am attempting to awk a file which strings in the file is only 6 characters long and not more. Currently it is counting every line and giving a count of 59, but it should be 57 (not including the long baracode - 004705CIM*****) " awk '/./ {cnt++} END {print cnt}'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
11 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)