Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Dual NICs - When I 'ifup eth1' it replaces eth0 Post 302753961 by phaedrus on Wednesday 9th of January 2013 07:09:27 PM
Old 01-09-2013
Hi, below are the contents of the two files requested. Let me know if any further info would be helpful.

Code:
DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
IPADDR=X.X.X.X
NETWORK=X.X.X.X
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=X.X.X.X
DNS1=X.X.X.X
DNS2=X.X.X.X
HWADDR=00:50:56:95:6b:31
BOOTPROTO=none
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=no

DEVICE=eth1
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
IPADDR=X.X.X.X
NETMASK=255.255.255.240
HWADDR=00:50:56:95:6b:32
BOOTPROTO=none
GATEWAY=X.X.X.X
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=no

Last edited by Corona688; 01-10-2013 at 12:32 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

ifcfg-eth0 and eth1 is N/A

when i finish installed rhel 4.4 to my hp dl585 box, ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 is not available.when i ifconfig -a,i can not see the eth0 and eth1, only lo0 and si0. Unlike to the other server i found eth0 and eth1 files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/. what will i do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When is 'ifup' really done?

I have been looking in the scripts for interface management, in an effort to kick off a script of my own on any "significant network event" (I will qualify that in a bit) I managed to add a check to tell netplugd to run my script every time there is a hot-plug event. Now I need to make it so my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a little script in the /etc/network/if-up.d (debian). It should do something and write the output to a log file. But it doesn't seem to work. ifup wlan0 dosomething >> /var/log/dosomething.log I would like to add the date to the output, can somebody help me please? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

controlling traffic source from NIC eth0, eth1 in Linux

Hi Guys, is there a way to send traffic coming from the source iface (eth0, eth1)? i need to test traffic that will come from both eth0 and eth1 from a Linux box. Thanks, Martin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdap
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Reg- eth0,eth1 (ethernet card)

Hi Guys, I am working as a L-1 support and i want to know that are the precaution need to take on eth0(Ethernet card) i heard on production server it is very much important, what are the steps need to observe on this tickets. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

ifconfig , ifdown, ifup

hi there the ethernet wire was out of the pc when the system started. #ifconfig #ifconfig -a i did not get any ip for eth0. i plug the cable into the pc #ifdown eth0 #ifup eth0 now the ip address is assigned to eth0 Question is : IS this right way to bring ethernet down... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubunut iptable not routing trafic between eth1 and eth0

hello, first of all i am new to unix so maybe my problem is very easy for many of you but is very important to me. So the idea is that i want to use a ubuntu 10.4 machine as a router from eth0 to eth1. but the traffic routing is nor working properly i configured the 2 interfaces to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: florin.bv
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Problem in eth0 and eth1 sharing internet with other computers

hellow everbody. iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my desktop and iam new to linux. i have eth0 and eth1 on my desktop. so i have some problems i have menson here: i have edited: etc/sysctl.conf net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 and i have edited iptables too # iptables -t nat -A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Wan on eth1 and Lan on eth0

I have a local network on dev eth0 Server has static IP of 10.0.0.1 Gateway is 10.0.0.1 and Dns is 10.0.0.1 I am using this network for imaging 500 plus computer... Now, Issue that I am having is that I need to update packages and I dont want to change the configuration on eth0 because I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: golpemortal
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

Why eth1 with auto dhcp disturbs pppoe over eth0?

Hi, I use ubuntu 16.04 desktop with ufw (default setup + 22, 80, 443 ports open). I connect directly to ISP using pppoe over eth0. I also have eth1 which when disabled the websites are accessible in browser. When starting eth1 with auto dhcp the websites are no longer accessible in browser (give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrhc
3 Replies
IFSERVICES(5)						       Network configuration						     IFSERVICES(5)

NAME
ifservices-* - control network services with ifup/down SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<configuration_name>/ DESCRIPTION
The directory /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<configuration_name>/ is read by the script /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifup-services which starts and stops system services when an interface is set up/down. ifup-services is used by /sbin/ifup, which is the command line user interface for setting up network interfaces. This is useful if you don't have a permanent network connection. If you sometimes boot without network and plug in the network cable later you can add links to system services in this directory. These services will then be started with ifup and stopped with ifdown. The configuration name used for ifservices-* should match exactly the configuration name of the ifcfg-* file for the interface. For the usage with NetworkManager (where you don't necessarily need a ifcfg-* file) you can also use /etc/sysconfig/network/ifser- vices-<interface>-<essid>/ (for wlan interfaces) or if that does not exist /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-<interface>/. As a final fallback /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices/ is checked as well. If NetworkManager is active services will be stopped after the interface is down. The links in this directory are equal to the links in the runlevel directories /etc/init.d/rc*.d/ They have to point to service start scripts which are usually in /etc/init.d/. Links starting with 'S' are start links, which are called in alphabetical order after ifup has set up the interface. Links starting with 'K' are kill links which are called before ifdown takes down the interface. See also section Sequencing Directories in boot (7). EXAMPLE
In this example we use an interface with MAC address 00:de:ad:be:af:00. This interface is not always physically connected. As soon as you plug in the cable ypbind and autofs should be started. When you pull the cable they should be stopped. This can be reached with: in file /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth-id-00:de:ad:be:af:00 ... STARTMODE=ifplugd ... in dir /etc/sysconfig/network/ifservices-eth-id-00:de:ad:be:af:00/ S10portmap -> /etc/init.d/portmap S20ypbind -> /etc/init.d/ypbind S30autofs -> /etc/init.d/autofs S20autofs -> /etc/init.d/autofs K30ypbind -> /etc/init.d/ypbind Now you have to disable the start of this services at boot time chkconfig ypbind off chkconfig autofs off Notes: You may call scripts/create-ifservices-directory [<interface_name>] to create a directory with the links from this example. This will cre- ate the directory ifservices-<interface_name> or if no interface name was given ifservices-template. Maybe you have to add also variable IFPLUGD_PRIORITY. For details about startmode ifplugd read ifup (8). The service portmap had to be added because ypbind needs it. This service is still started at boot time because it does not need an active network connection. But ypbind may now be started earlier as usual. Therefore we make sure that portmap is started before. Starting an already running service again does not affect the service. SEE ALSO
ifup(8), ifcfg(5). AUTHOR
Christian Zoz <zoz@suse.de> sysconfig February 2005 IFSERVICES(5)