Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pulling Parms from Config File Post 302753951 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 9th of January 2013 05:59:00 PM
Old 01-09-2013
just follow the Corona688's suggestion with the paramName=paramValue format and 'sourcing' the config file - that's a better and an easier maintained paradigm.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pulling out fields from a file

Hi, I have a file that contains 1400 lines similar to the one shown below: NAME=sara, TOWN=southampton, POSTCODE=SO18777, EMAIL=sara@hotmail.com, PASSWORD=asjdflkjds etc etc (note: this is one line). Each line has the same fields, but on each line they are in a different order. Eg. the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pulling the following line from a file

I have return files from a process that has then original input record followed on the next line by a response record..either AA,........... for accepted or EE,.......... for errored. i.e 11,new,123 AA,accepted 12,exist,443 EE,rejected 13,old,223 AA,accepted I want to write a small... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pulling a column from a file in ksh

I would like to pull a column from a file and place it in a variable: The file would look like this: N.Korea gibberish garbage S.Korea gibberish garbage USA gibberish garbage Iraq gibberish garbage Canada gibberish garbage and items in the first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data and following lines from file

I saw a few posts close to what i want to do, but they didn't look like they would work exactly.. or I need to think out of the box on this. I have a file that I keep server stats in for my own performance analysis. this file has the output from many commands in it (uptime, vmstats, ps, swap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUN OS - UDP parms

Hi there, Does anyone know of a place that will give details for each of the following UDP parms? I've found documentation on there size limits but not what they will do or affect if changed. udp_xmit_hiwat udp_xmit_lowat udp_recv_hiwat udp_max_buf ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

6. AIX

/etc/subsync parms definitions ?

In our Cron table, we have the /etc/subsync client ipadr1 ipadr2 Each ipadr is an actual IP adress. I think it has something to do with synchronizing the clock between servers, but what is the ipadr2 for ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File

I'm scanning a list of emails- I need to pull 2 pieces of data, then move to the next file: Sender's Email Address Email Date I need these to be outputted into a single column- separated by a ",". Like this: Email1's Address, Email1's Date Stamp Email2's Address, Email2's Date Stamp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial file pulling

I am connecting to another server through sftp. I am running one batch script to pull file from another server. sometimes i am receiving partial files. I am using below commands in batch script. ls -ltr new.txt mget new.txt bye The file is of 1 MB only.In most of the cases , i received... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinath01
6 Replies
BPYTHON(1)						      General Commands Manual							BPYTHON(1)

NAME
bpython - a fancy curses interface to the Python interactive interpreter SYNOPSIS
bpython [options] [file [args]] DESCRIPTION
The idea is to provide the user with all the features in-line, much like modern IDEs, but in a simple, lightweight package that can be run in a terminal window. * In-line syntax highlighting. Hilights commands as you type! * Readline-like autocomplete with suggestions displayed as you type. Press tab to complete expressions when there's only one suggestion. * Expected parameter list. This displays a list of parameters for any function you call. It uses the inspect module, then tries pydoc. * Rewind. This is a bit misleading, but it code that has been entered is remembered, and when you Rewind, it pops the last line and re-evalu- ates the entire code. This is error-prone, and mostly useful for defining classes and functions. * Pastebin code/write to file. This posts the current buffer to a pastebin (paste.pocoo.org) or writes it to a file. * Flush curses screen to stdout. Unlike other curses apps, bpython dumps the screen data to stdout when you quit, so you see what you've done in the buffer of your terminal. OPTIONS
The long and short forms of options, shown here as alternatives, are equivalent. If bpython sees an argument it does not know, execution falls back to the regular Python interpreter. --config=config Use config instead of default config file. -h --help Show the help message and exit. -i --interactive Drop to bpython shell after running file instead of exiting. The PYTHONSTARTUP file is not read. -q --quiet Do not flush the output to stdout. -V --version Print bpython's version and exit. KEYS
bpython's keys are fully configurable. See http://docs.bpython-interpreter.org/configuration.html#keyboard FILES
~/.bpython/config Your bpython config. See sample-config (in /usr/share/doc/bpython/examples on Debian) for various options you can use, or read bpython-config(5) . KNOWN BUGS
See http://bitbucket.org/bobf/bpython/issues/ for a list of known issues. SEE ALSO
bpython-config(5), python(1). AUTHOR
bpython was written by Robert Anthony Farrell <robertanthonyfarrel@gmail.com> and his bunch of loyal followers. This manual page was written by Jorgen Pedersen Tjerno <jorgen@devsoft.no>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). September 21, 2009 BPYTHON(1)