Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pulling Parms from Config File Post 302753947 by phunk on Wednesday 9th of January 2013 05:48:12 PM
Old 01-09-2013
The ConfigFile is to my choosing. That's a similar format to how the guy I'm learning from had his, so I kept it. I prefer the

ParmName=Value

or

ParmName:Value

setup.

I appreciate your help guys! Note I only showed one Parm as an example, the file has many. I have it currently in multiple lines pulling it in. No loops, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pulling out fields from a file

Hi, I have a file that contains 1400 lines similar to the one shown below: NAME=sara, TOWN=southampton, POSTCODE=SO18777, EMAIL=sara@hotmail.com, PASSWORD=asjdflkjds etc etc (note: this is one line). Each line has the same fields, but on each line they are in a different order. Eg. the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pulling the following line from a file

I have return files from a process that has then original input record followed on the next line by a response record..either AA,........... for accepted or EE,.......... for errored. i.e 11,new,123 AA,accepted 12,exist,443 EE,rejected 13,old,223 AA,accepted I want to write a small... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pulling a column from a file in ksh

I would like to pull a column from a file and place it in a variable: The file would look like this: N.Korea gibberish garbage S.Korea gibberish garbage USA gibberish garbage Iraq gibberish garbage Canada gibberish garbage and items in the first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data and following lines from file

I saw a few posts close to what i want to do, but they didn't look like they would work exactly.. or I need to think out of the box on this. I have a file that I keep server stats in for my own performance analysis. this file has the output from many commands in it (uptime, vmstats, ps, swap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUN OS - UDP parms

Hi there, Does anyone know of a place that will give details for each of the following UDP parms? I've found documentation on there size limits but not what they will do or affect if changed. udp_xmit_hiwat udp_xmit_lowat udp_recv_hiwat udp_max_buf ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

6. AIX

/etc/subsync parms definitions ?

In our Cron table, we have the /etc/subsync client ipadr1 ipadr2 Each ipadr is an actual IP adress. I think it has something to do with synchronizing the clock between servers, but what is the ipadr2 for ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File

I'm scanning a list of emails- I need to pull 2 pieces of data, then move to the next file: Sender's Email Address Email Date I need these to be outputted into a single column- separated by a ",". Like this: Email1's Address, Email1's Date Stamp Email2's Address, Email2's Date Stamp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial file pulling

I am connecting to another server through sftp. I am running one batch script to pull file from another server. sometimes i am receiving partial files. I am using below commands in batch script. ls -ltr new.txt mget new.txt bye The file is of 1 MB only.In most of the cases , i received... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinath01
6 Replies
Jcode::Nihongo(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Jcode::Nihongo(3pm)

I3/4Ao
       Jcode - AEuEU,iE,>>u1/2,1cYIYoYEYe

3uIx
	use Jcode;
	#		 _
	# ,A1/4oxaex<<x.x
	Jcode::_onvert($str_ $ocode, $icode, "z");
	# xax.x xIYaYOY,YSY YE>>O,bxCia
	print Jcode->new($str)->h2z->tr($from, $to)->utf8;

AaIA			  _
       Jcode.pmxIYaYOY,YSY YEAaxEYcYxYi_1/4YAxE1/23/4Iex<<xexIYcYxYii1/4YAxII3/4Eyxo
       YuYYi1/4YEx.xAExxxbx1iLYaYOY,YSY YEAaxEYcYxYii1/4YAxo>>Ex"xDx3xoxE'9|x,xCi"

$iso_2022_jp = Jcode->new($str)->h2z->jis;

x3xAxexexeY"YiY~YoYExCx.xcx|iS

$iso_2022_jp = $str;
	 &jcode::convert($iso_2022_jp, 'jis', &jcode::getcode($str), "z");
		_
       YaYOY,YSY YExEAEeA-:-xBxIIuxxcIxIxcxaxEicJcode.pmxIxbxA"getcode()"xE "convert()"xoYuYYi1/4YEx.xAExxxbx1iL

PerlxIYDi1/4Y,YcYox~5.8.1oE3/4axExeicJcodexIicPerl 5.8oE1BxIE,1/2aAaxEE,>>u1/2,1c
       YIYoYEYeYaY,Yai1/4YexCxcxeEncodexIYeYAYNi1/4xEx.xAEc9|xeEnxxxbx1iL

YaY1/2YAYE							       _
       AEAxE,AuUx.xExx,Axeicx3x3xCuox2xeYaY1/2YAYExIA'xAEJcodeYaYOY,YSY YExoEOx.xbx1iL
		  _
       Y3YoY1YEYeY Yc

$j = Jcode->new($str [, $_code])
	 $strx<<xeJcodeYaYOY,YSY YE$jxoA,A(R)x.xbx1iLIA1/4"AaxE$icodexoY>>YAYEx.xEx+-xixDic			     _
	 AEbIIY3i1/4YExI1/4<<AEoAaxEE1/2Aexuxixbx1iLIoIN2AC1/2xEE,>>u1/2,1cxExAxxxAExIic21/4xI getcodexo>>23/4Ex.xAEx xAxuxxiL

Perl 5.8.1oE1BxCxIic$icodexExIEncodex~Iy2oxCxxe xExoxEY"YoY3i1/4YCYLYoYoI3/4xa>>Ex"xbx1iL

$j = Jcode->new($european, 'iso-latin1');
		  _
	 YaYOY,YSY YExoE,>>uIo21/2x1xexEicEUCxEEN'1xuxixcE,>>uIox~EOxexbx1iLxCx1x<<xe "print $j->euc"xEx1xeAaxixexEic"print $j"xExCxxbx1iL

YeYOYiYiYoY1AIx.
	   Y1Y<<Yei1/4AIxIAaxixexEicoE21/4xIxex|xEYeYOYiYiYoY1xoAIx>>xbx1iL

Jcode->new($str);
			  _
	   x3xixIxUxoxI3/4 x.>>b'OxoAaIox.xbx1iLx1/2xIA_1/2bxEx.xAEic$strxIAIx1/2xIxaxIx~
	   EN'1xuxixbx1iExcxeoOILic$strxIjcodeYaYOY,YSY YExE"tiexuxixe"xIxCx1iEiL

$j->set($str [, $icode]) 				       _
	 $jxIAEaEoE,>>uIoxE$_trxoY>>YAYEx.xbx1iL.<<xeEOx.JcodeYaYOY,YSY YExo>>Ex|xExxE
	 EOIoxCx1iEYaYOY,YSY YExoA,A(R)x1xe>>b'OxEYaYaYexIAaIoxExExexbx1iEiL

# mailboxxoSJIS.A1/4oxEEN'1
	  my $jconv = new Jcode;
	  $/ = 00;
	  while(<>){
	      print $jconv->set($_)->mime_decode->sjis;
	  }

$j->append($str [, $icode]);
	 $jxIAEaEoE,>>uIoxE$strxo2Ax"xbx1iL

$j = jcode($str [, $icode]);
	 Jcode->new() xIA>>1/2I.AiLoE21/4xIxex|xExCxxbx1i"

$sjis = jcode($str)->sjis;

E,>>uIoxIY"YoY3i1/4YE

oiEIxEic$j->encodedxEx1xex3xExCencodedxEEN'1xuxixcE,>>uIoxoAEAxbx1iL

$sjis = $j->sjis
       $euc = $j->euc
       $jis = $j->jis
       $sjis = $j->sjis
       $ucs2 = $j->ucs2
       $utf8 = $j->utf8
	 1/4<<IAxCx.xcx|iL WYCIWYG = What you code is what you get :)

$iso_2022_jp = $j->iso_2022_jp		     _
	 "$j->h2z->jis"xEAE+-x,xCx1iL E3/43NY<<YExI9| A(C)AaxEA'3NxEEN'1xuxixbx1iL

Perl 5.8.1oE1BxCxIicEncodex~YuYYi1/4YEx1xexExoxEY"YoY3i1/4YCYLYoYoI3/4xE Y"YxYeYcY1xCxaIoINxCxxbx1iLIax"xDiS

$european = $j->iso_latin1; # YaY1/2YAYEI3/4INxE'-'xI'_'xEAOx'1x"xbx1

>>21IiSEncode::Encoderx~x3xixEAE+-x,3/4(R)u>>xo>>ExAxAExxxbx1iL

$j->fallback($fallback)
	   Perl 5.8.1oE1BxCxIicJcodexIAEaEoxIE,>>uIoxoUTF-8xCEY>>yx.xbx1iL ->encodingxEYbYAYxxCxxExxE,>>uxI'?'xEAOx'1x"xexixbx1x~ic
	   x3xixIEncodexCxIE,1/2aAEooixCx1iL
						    _
	     my $unistr = "x{262f}"; # +-cIUYbi1/4Y
	     my $j = jcode($unistr);  # $j->euc xI.e2IxI '?' xE
							   _
	   x3xIc9|xeEnxxxIicEncodeAE+-IIicYOY(C)i1/4YeYDYAY xo>>OAex1xex3xExCEN11xCxxbx1iL
	   AIxIEncodexIxaxIxEoi1/2ixCx1iLEOu1xIxcxaic"Jcode::FB_PERLQQ"ic "Jcode::FB_XMLCREF"ic"Jcode::FB_HTMLCREF"x~EncodexIx1/2xixexOxI
	   Y"YxYeYcY1xExExAxAExxxbx1iL

print $j->fallback(Jcode::FB_PERLQQ)->euc;   # 'x{262f}'
	     print $j->fallback(Jcode::FB_XMLCREF)->euc;  # '&#x262f;'
	     print $j->fallback(Jcode::FB_HTMLCREF)->euc; # '&#9775;'
									    _
	   YoYii1/4YDYeENco$Jcode::FALLBACKxEYCYOY(C)YeYExIYOY(C)i1/4YeYDYAY x~EY>>y
	   xuxixAExxxbx1xIxCicx3xIAIxoAaAEbx1xex3xExCYai1/4YDi1/4YeYxYExCxxbx1iL
										   _
	     $Jcode::FALLBACK = Jcode::FB_PERLQQ; # YCYOY(C)YeYExIYOY(C)i1/4YeYDYAY Y1Yi1/4YbxoABAe

[@lines =] $jcode->jfold([$width, $newline_str, $kref])
	 $widthiEYCYOY(C)YeYEiS72iEEexEjcodeE,>>uIoAEaxI1OxoAbxeEOx.xbx1iL
	 $widthxIiEE3/43NiEE,>>uxIcoxCx1iLA'3NE,>>uxI2E,>>uxEx.xAEY<<Y|YoYEx.xbx1iL

$newline_striEYCYOY(C)YeYExI"
"iExC>>OAexuxixc2b1OE,>>ux~2Axixexbx1iL AbxeEOxuxixcA'1OxoYeY1YExCEOx.xbx1iL

Perl 5.8.1oE1BxI3EOIUxIouco$krefxEEUCxIE,>>uIoxICUIoYeYOYiYiYoY1xo AIx1x3xExCic'EoxAaxE1OAE~9|OAS1/2eIyiExOxe21/4x~xeiExo1Ox"xbx1iL

$length = $jcode-_jlength();
	 YDYxYEA1xCxIxEx icA'3NE,>>uxaoiE,>>uxEx.xAEcox"xc3/4i1cxIE,>>ucoxoEOx.xbx1iL

MIME::Base64xo>>Ex|YaY1/2YAYE

21/4uxIYaY1/2YAYExo>>Ex|xExIicMIME::Base64x~E~IxxCx1iLYxYoY1YEi1/4YexIA+-1/2axE

perl -MCPAN -e 'CPAN::Shell->install("MIME::Base64")'

xEx.xbx1iLxa>>ExxxIPerlx~5.6oE1BxCxcxexExeicMIME::Base64xI YDYoYEYexuxixAExxxexIxCicYxYoY1YEi1/4YexIE~IxxIxcxexbx>>xoiL

$mime_header = $j->mime_encode([$lf, $bpl])
	 $strxoRFC1522xExcxeMIME-HeaderxEEN'1x.xbx1iL$lfxo>>OAex1xexEic 1OxIAbxeEOx.xE$lfx~>>Exixixbx1iEYCYOY(C)YeYEiS
iEiL
	 $bplxo>>OAex1xexEicAbxeEOx1YDYxYEcoxE$bplx~>>Exixixbx1iEYCYOY(C)YeYEiS76i" x3xIcoAIxI76oE21/4xCxEx+-xixDxExexbx>>xoiEiL

Perl 5.8.1oE1BxCxIicoE21/4xIxex|xEx.xAExaMIME HeaderY"YoY3i1/4YEx~xCxxbx1iS

$mime_header = $j->MIME_Header;

x3xI3/4i1c$mime_headerxIIaxeAIxIMIME-B-encoded UTF-8xExExexbx1iL oiEyic"$j->mime_encode()"xIMIME-B-encoded ISO-2022-JPxoEOx.xbx1iL
	 oC9|axIxUxExoxExIYai1/4Yei1/4xIxExAxexaYuYYi1/4YEx.xAExxxbx1iL

$j->mime_decode;_
	 JcodeYaYOY,YSY YExIAEaEoE,>>uIoxoMIME-HeaderYCY3i1/4YEx.xbx1iLPerl 5.8.1 oE1BxExeicoE21/4xIxex|xEx.xAEAE+-x,x3xEx~xCxxbx1iS

Jcode->new($str, 'MIME-Header');
						_
	 x3xAxexI3/4i1cicISO-2022-JPxAx+-xCxIxEx UTF-8xExExExaAD+-bx.xAExaxeic xuxexEMIME B EncodingxIxBxExexoMIME Q EncodingxExaAD+-bx.xAExxxe
	 xIxCicPerl 5.8.1oE1BxCxcxixDx3xAxexo>>Ex|xUxxCx.xcx|iL

E3/43N c<<ca A'3N

$j->h2z([$keep_dakuten])
	 X201Y<<YEiEE3/43NiExoX208Y<<YEiEA'3NiExEEN'1x.xbx1iL $keep_dakutenxEccAIxoY>>YAYEx1xexEicAuAAxox1/2xIxbxbxEx.xbx1
	 (x3xixIxAxbxeiciOY<<iUi<<ixxIiOY~ixxEEN'1xuxixoxEx1/2xIxbxb xExExexExxx|x3xExCx1)

$j->nmatchxoAIx,xAEYbYAYAx.xccoxo1/4eAEAxCxxbx1iL

$j->z2h
	 X208Y<<YEiEA'3NiExoX201Y<<YEiEE3/43NiExEEN'1x.xbx1iL

Auu~E1/2,1/2Y"YBYaYii1/4Yc

"->m()"xE"->s()"xo>>Ex|xExIicPerl 5.8.1oE1Bx~ E~IxxCx1iL

$j->tr($from, $t_, $opt);
	 JcodeYaYOY,YSY YExE"tr/$from/$to/"xoA~INx.xbx1iL$fromxE$toxI EUC-JPxIE,>>uIoxCx1iLPerl 5.8.1oE1BxCxIicflagEOxxIUTF-8E,>>uIo
	 xa1/4ox+-EOx+-xbx1iL

$optxoY>>YAYEx1xexEic"tr/$from/$to/$opt"x~A~INxuxixbx1iL$optxI 'c'ic'd'xcxexxxIx1/2xixexIAExB1cxix>>xCxEx+-xixDxExexbx>>xoiL

Perl 5.8.1oE1BxCxIictrxI.A1/4oxE,ixexIxcxAxc3/4i1cxE->error_trxoAIx,xAEic $@xo1/4eAEAxCxxbx1iL

oE21/4xIYaY1/2YAYExIPerl 5.8.1oE1BxCxIxBIoIN2AC1/2xCx1iL

$j->s($patter, $replace, $opt);
	 ,Ai1xE"s/$pattern/$replace/$opt"xoA~INx.xbx1iL$optxIAuu~E1/2,1/_YaYxY.YcYoxE
	 AE+-x,xCx1iLAuu~E1/2,1/2xIYaYxY.YcYoxExAxxxAExIperlrexo>>23/4Ex xAxuxxiL
					       _
	 "$j->tr()"ic"$j->s()"xIx1/2xIYaYOY,YSY YE1/4<<cExoEOx1xIxCic oE21/4xIxex|xEAaoixoIc.exCxxbx1iL

$j->tr("A-Z", "a-z")->s("foo", "bar");

[@match = ] $j->m($pattern, $opt);			  _
	 "m/$patter/$opt"xoA~_Nx.xbx1iLx3xIYaY1/2YAYExIiEYaYOY,YSY YExoEOxuxExxiE xIxCic"$j->s()"xIxex|xEYaY1/2YAYExoIc.exCx-
	 xExxx3xExEAioOx.xAEx xAxuxxiL

Auu~E1/2,1/2xI.A1/4oxE,ixexIxcxAxc3/4i1cic->error_mic->error_sxoAIx,xAE $@xo1/4eAEAxCxxbx1iL

YxYoY1YcYoY1ENco
			 _			   _
       xax.J_odeYaYOY,YSY YExIY_YoY1Y_YoY1ENcoxEYcY Y>>Y1x.xcxxxExeicA3/4AUx1/2xixe
       xEYcY Y>>Y1x1xexIxCxIxEx icYcY Y>>Y1YaY1/2YAYExoIoINx.xbx.xcx|iEx3xix3/4OOP xCx1iEiL

>>21IxbxCxEicJcodexIiEoiEIAaxEEyEixCxcxeiEYIYAY.YaYeYOYiYiYoY1xIAaxixexEic
       CUI_YeYOYiYiYoY1xo>>Ex|x3xExCicY1YOi1/4YExooCA~21/2x.xAExxxbx1iE1/4AoYxIxEx3xiic
       YcY Y>>Y1YaY1/2YAYExo>>Ex|,Axex3xIx3xExoAIxeE~IxxIxcxexbx>>xoi" xax|oiAU xxxxxbx1x~icx3xixIOOPxExIxCx1iEiL

Perl 5.8.1oE1BxCxIicYIYAY.YaYeYOYiYiYoY1xo>>Ex|xex|xEEN11xuxixbx.xciL x3xixExexeicJcodexI3EAYxIxaxIx1x'x 'EA+-xExExexbx1iL

$j->r_str
	 EUCE,>>uIoxOxIYeYOYiYiYoY1iL

Perl 5.8.1oE1BxCxIUTF-8YOYeYoxII(C)xAxcUTF-8E,>>uIoxOxIYeYOYiYiYoY1xCx1iL

$j->icode
	 A3/49|axIAaoixExax+-xeAEbIIE,>>uY3i1/4YEiL

$j->nmatch
	 YbYAYAx.xccoiE$j->trAuxo>>ExAxcxExiEiL

YuYOYei1/4YAYo
       ($code, [$nmatch]) = getcode($str)
	 $strxIE,>>uY3i1/4YExoEOx.xbx1iLEOxeY3i1/4YExIoE21/4xIAIxexCx1iL

ascii   Ascii iEAEuEU,iY3i1/4YExo'bxbxExxiE
	  binary  Binary iEYAEYY1YEYOYiYxYexCxIxExxiE
	  euc	  EUC-JP
	  sjis	  SHIFT_JIS
	  jis	  JIS (ISO-2022-JP)
	  ucs2	  UCS2 (Raw Unicode)
	  utf8	  UTF8

Y1Y<<Yei1/4Y3YoYAEYY1YExIAaxixexECUIoY3YoYAEYY1YExo>>Ex|xEic2cE,>>uE~xI
	 Y3i1/4YEx~,<<xAx<<xAxcxIx<<xaEOx.xbx1iL3/4axIEyxC1/2OxUxcxex|xEic$strxI$str xCxa11/2xxxbx>>xoiL

jcode.pl IoIN1/4OxIEyxOiS x3xI'OcoxIjcode::getcode()xE100%3/4aoI,B'1x~ xcxexbx1iLi1/2i1/2xbxcicxUxU100%i"

* IaxeAIx~CUIoxIxExicx1/2xI1/2cEOxIuOxExExexbx1i"
	    jcode::getcode()xI$nmatchxooC1/2exEEOx.xbx1iL

* jcode::getcode()xIicEUCE,>>uxESJISE,>>uxIcox~Aux.xxxExic'undef'xo
	    EOx.xbx1iL Jcode::getcode()xIEUCxoEOx.xbx1iLx3xixIJcode.pmxExI
	    Aae'Ox~xExxxcxaxCx1iL

Jcode::convert($str, [$ocode, $icode, $opt])
	 $strxo$ocodexC>_OAex.xcE,>>uY3i1/4YExEEN'1x.xbx1iL$icodexa>>OAex1xexEic AEbIIE,>>uIoxoget-
	 code()xCYAYSYAY x1xeAaxixexEic$icodexE23/4Aex.xbx1iL 3/4axIEyxC1/2OxUxcxex|xEic$strxI$strxCxa11/2xxxbx>>xoiL

jcode.pl IoIN1/4OxIEyxOiS x3xI'OcoxIjcode::convert()xE100%3/4aoI,B'1x~ xcxexbx1ia

YDYo
       Perlx~5.8.1oE1BxI3/4i1cicJcodexIEncodexIYeYAYNi1/4xEx.xAEc9|xeEnxxxbx1iL xAxbxeicJcodexIEncodeAEaxIYDYoxI+-AE9|Axo1/4ox+-xbx1iL

1/4O1/4 							  _
       x3xIYNYAY+-i1/4Y,xIicAEouiicYCY9|YxYox1/2x.xAEY3i1/4YExIAcx xIAAxCic 2IAa IAAu
       <utashiro@iij.ad.jp>>>axIPerl4YeYxYOYeYejcode.plxEEexAxAExxxbx1iL
						    _									   _
       Acoe Ci'o <ohzaki@iod.ricoh.co.jp>>>axIic3<<E xIEo3/4ixE1/2e'uxIAE3~x<<xe Auu~E1/2,1/2xoEaxxcx2xe1/4e1/2ox+-xox.xAEx xixbx.xciL

makamaka@donzoko.net xI JEncode xExIicJcodexEEncodexoxEx|I>>1cxux>>xixD xxxxx<<AcENAcx-
       xE.1/41/4"xo1/4ox+-xbx.xciLxbxcicEUAEuEU,iYbYEYaYcYexa'oALx.xAE xxxcxAxxbx.xciL

x1/2x.xAEJcode ML <jcode5@ring.gr.jp>xI3SxuxoiLx3xIEyALxEx.xExIic x3x3xbxC'oA(R)x.xEx<<xAxcx3xExCx.xcx|iL

>>21I
       Encode

<http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets>

Aooi,c
       Copyright 1999-2005 Dan Kogai <dankogai@dan.co.jp>

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.

perl v5.8.8							    2005-02-19						       Jcode::Nihongo(3pm)