Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [SOLVED] Help with new disk but don't know how to add Post 302753925 by samnyc on Wednesday 9th of January 2013 04:15:01 PM
Old 01-09-2013
Thanks. I made a mistake by adding it as Extended. I deleted and re-added as primary disk. After that I got it working.
This User Gave Thanks to samnyc For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Solaris

vxvm root disk booting problem - solved with boot -a. How?

Hi All, We had a Sun Netra T1 go down the other day, the root disk was mirrored using vxvm. Upon boot from either disk, we had the following error appear: WARNING: Error writing ufs log state WARNING: ufs log for / changed state to Error WARNING: Please umount(1M) / and run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Storage Need to Add more Disk

Hi, Anyone can help me, just want to confirm, if possible adding a disk storage that we have a RAWDATA with +ASM in our database. If possible, what would you recommend "workaround used" from us to do and the preparation. And also how long the downtime will take. Our disk continuous to grow,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpalero
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation issue Error 25: Disk cannot be read - Solved

Hi all, I guess most of you have seen this error message while installing Solaris 10 on an x86 platform. I got the error message while installing from DVD ISO on my home VMWare ESXi server. It took me a long time to figure the exact issue and a subsequent solution. the solution is very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to change lines and add them if they don't exist..

I've googled the hell out of this, and in my quest to advance my knowledge and expertise in modifying phones to make them more awesome, I ended up here. I've found answers about patterns and whatnot that seem really complex for what I am trying to do, and basically it is this: if the line says... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silentbtdeadly
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] DCMU (disk control and monitor utility) sun fire

Hi , during 2 weeks i´ve been trying to find them. i need DCMU packets for managing internal disks on sun fire x4500 and sun fire x4600 on rhel. i have opened to tickets to myoraclesupport but no answer. please anybody could tell me a link or anythiing?? i´ve been searching and searching... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Add row of numbers

Hi, Trying to add a row of numbers. There are 24 number across. Would like to have column 25 sum each row. 10 3 45 49 0 24... Sum 3 200 3 9 1 3 ...... Sum 9 7 20 9 8 10 ...... Sum Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
5 Replies

8. Solaris

[solved] How to blink faulty disk in Solaris hardware?

Hi Guys, One of two disks in my solaris machine has failed, the name is disk0, this is SUN physical sparc machine But I work remotely, so people working near that physical server are not that technical, so from OS command prompt can run some command to bink faulty disk at front panel of Server.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Solved: Disk Unable to Boot

Update: The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked fsck unable to stat WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0). Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): I am unable to hit control-d to by pass. I... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
50 Replies
gd_uninclude(3) 						      GETDATA							   gd_uninclude(3)

NAME
gd_uninclude -- remove a format specification fragment from a dirfile SYNOPSIS
#include <getdata.h> int *gd_uninclude(DIRFILE *dirfile, int fragment_index, int del); DESCRIPTION
The gd_uninclude() removes the format specification fragment indexed by fragment_index from the specified dirfile, as well as any fragments the indicated fragment INCLUDEs. Fields defined in the removed fragments will be removed from the dirfile. Before removing the specified fragment, all pending writes are flushed to RAW fields defined the the removed fragments. If del is zero, metadata changes will also be written to the removed fragments. If del is non-zero, the format specification fragments will be deleted from disk, if possible. Regardless of the value of del, binary data files associated with RAW fields defined in the removed fragments will not be deleted. To delete these binary files, use gd_delete(3) before calling this function. The primary format specification (the fragment indexed by zero) cannot be removed from the dirfile. RETURN VALUE
On success, gd_uninclude() returns zero. On error, -1 is returned and the dirfile error is set to a non-zero error value. Possible error values are: GD_E_ACCMODE The supplied dirfile was opened in read-only mode. GD_E_ALLOC The library was unable to allocate memory. GD_E_BAD_DIRFILE The supplied dirfile was invalid. GD_E_BAD_INDEX The supplied fragment index was out of range, or an attempt was made to remove the primary format specification. GD_E_FLUSH A temporary file could not be opened into which to write the metadata of a modified, removed fragment, or renaming the temporary file over the original fragment failed. GD_E_PROTECTED The metadata of the fragment which included the removed fragment was protected from change. GD_E_RAW_IO An error occurred while trying to flush or close a removed field. The dirfile error may be retrieved by calling gd_error(3). A descriptive error string for the last error encountered can be obtained from a call to gd_error_string(3). When finished with it, the DIRFILE object may be de-allocated with a call to gd_close(3), even if the open failed. NOTES
This function re-arranges the remaining format specification fragments in some unspecified way, except for the primary fragment, which is guaranteed to remain at index zero. Callers which cache format specification fragment indices must re-initialise their cache after calling this function. Unlike gd_delete(3), fields which depend on fields removed by this function are not automatically updated, nor is any check made to ensure that this function does not leave fields with missing input fields. Because of this, a fragment inclusion may be easily moved from one fragment to another with a combination of gd_uninclude() and gd_include(3). However, if such checks are required, use gd_delete(3) to delete the fields defined in the removed fragments first. SEE ALSO
gd_delete(3), gd_include(3), gd_open(3), gd_reference(3), gd_error(3), gd_error_string(3), gd_fragmentname(3), gd_nfragments(3), dirfile(5), dirfile-encoding(5), dirfile-format(5) Version 0.7.0 15 October 2010 gd_uninclude(3)