Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pulling Parms from Config File Post 302753909 by phunk on Wednesday 9th of January 2013 03:11:59 PM
Old 01-09-2013
Pulling Parms from Config File

Hello all,

I'm working on a general script for something at work. I'm an up-and-comer backup for a Shell Scripter this company has had for 35 years lol. Anyway, I have a config file I'm trying to pull Variables from as the Config File is used for multiple scripts. Does the below make sense and is there any better way to do this?

Config File:
Code:
DayOfWeek Fri

Script:
Code:
function GetConfigParms
{
     DayOfWeek=`grep DayOfWeek app.main.cfg | awk '{print $2}'`
}

I appreciate it!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pulling out fields from a file

Hi, I have a file that contains 1400 lines similar to the one shown below: NAME=sara, TOWN=southampton, POSTCODE=SO18777, EMAIL=sara@hotmail.com, PASSWORD=asjdflkjds etc etc (note: this is one line). Each line has the same fields, but on each line they are in a different order. Eg. the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pulling the following line from a file

I have return files from a process that has then original input record followed on the next line by a response record..either AA,........... for accepted or EE,.......... for errored. i.e 11,new,123 AA,accepted 12,exist,443 EE,rejected 13,old,223 AA,accepted I want to write a small... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pulling a column from a file in ksh

I would like to pull a column from a file and place it in a variable: The file would look like this: N.Korea gibberish garbage S.Korea gibberish garbage USA gibberish garbage Iraq gibberish garbage Canada gibberish garbage and items in the first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data and following lines from file

I saw a few posts close to what i want to do, but they didn't look like they would work exactly.. or I need to think out of the box on this. I have a file that I keep server stats in for my own performance analysis. this file has the output from many commands in it (uptime, vmstats, ps, swap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUN OS - UDP parms

Hi there, Does anyone know of a place that will give details for each of the following UDP parms? I've found documentation on there size limits but not what they will do or affect if changed. udp_xmit_hiwat udp_xmit_lowat udp_recv_hiwat udp_max_buf ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

6. AIX

/etc/subsync parms definitions ?

In our Cron table, we have the /etc/subsync client ipadr1 ipadr2 Each ipadr is an actual IP adress. I think it has something to do with synchronizing the clock between servers, but what is the ipadr2 for ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File

I'm scanning a list of emails- I need to pull 2 pieces of data, then move to the next file: Sender's Email Address Email Date I need these to be outputted into a single column- separated by a ",". Like this: Email1's Address, Email1's Date Stamp Email2's Address, Email2's Date Stamp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial file pulling

I am connecting to another server through sftp. I am running one batch script to pull file from another server. sometimes i am receiving partial files. I am using below commands in batch script. ls -ltr new.txt mget new.txt bye The file is of 1 MB only.In most of the cases , i received... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinath01
6 Replies
datefield(3tk)							Tk datefield widget						    datefield(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
datefield - Tk datefield widget SYNOPSIS
package require Tk package require datefield ?0.2? ::datefield::datefield widgetpath ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The datefield package provides the datefield widget which is an enhanced text entry widget for the purpose of date entry. Only valid dates of the form MM/DD/YYYY can be entered. The datefield widget is, in fact, just an entry widget with specialized bindings. This means all the command and options for an entry wid- get apply equally here. COMMANDS
::datefield::datefield widgetpath ?options? Creates and configures a date field widget. OPTIONS
See the entry manual entry for details on all available options. EXAMPLE
package require datefield wm title . "Datefield example" proc DayOfWeek {args} { set now [clock scan $::myDate] set ::myDate2 [clock format $now -format %A] } trace variable myDate w DayOfWeek ::datefield::datefield .df -textvariable myDate label .l1 -text "Enter a date:" -anchor e label .l2 -text "That date is a:" -anchor e label .l3 -textvariable myDate2 -relief sunken -width 12 grid .l1 .df -sticky ew grid .l2 .l3 -sticky ew focus .df SEE ALSO
clock(3tcl), entry(3tk) KEYWORDS
clock, entry, widget COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Keith Vetter <keith@ebook.gemstar.com> datefield 0.2 datefield(3tk)