Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Script doesn't work..help? Post 302753723 by zigizag on Wednesday 9th of January 2013 09:18:34 AM
Old 01-09-2013
instead of bash it is a script

the ps that i want to run is a script that runs application.

so instead of bash it is a script.

10x!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shel Script doesn't work from Exceed

Hi, I am using this script to load up my Oracle Databases, but when I log in through Exceed, it hangs. Can anyone tell me what else I need to add to make this work?? Details ****************************************************************************************************... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnkansah
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script doesn't work in another distribution

Hi everybody: I usually use Mandriva distro (in my laptop), and I have made some scripts. These scripts work correctly but now, in other computer which is installed Ubuntu don't work, and I have this error message: The script is: ..... echo "Your option is:" echo read option case... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

gcd.sh script doesn't work...

Hi there. I'm new to scripting in bash shell and I have this problem. I'm trying to make a script that returns the greatest common divisor of two integer numbers according to Euclid's algorithm... Here is, what I've done: #!/bin/bash m=$1 n=$2 while do if ; #line 8 then m=$m-$n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kantze
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script, echo doesn't work

#!/bin/sh something(){ echo "Inside something" echo $1 $2 } val=$(something "Hello " "world") Output expected: Inside somethingHello world But it's not echoing. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script.. it Just doesn't work

Hello,, Im verry new to scripting and have some problems with this script i made.. What it does: It checks a directory for a new directory and then issues a couple of commands. checks sfv - not doing right now checks rar - it checks if theres a rar file and when there is it skips to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

two grep in one script doesn't work?

Hi there, the following script doesn't work. the first part works, then the second 'grep' fails with ': not found'. However, if I take out the second part (starting with the grep command) and put in a seperate script, it works. everyone know what's wrong here? no two 'grep' in one script, that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkey77
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script doesn't work in loop but does if not

I have a script that only works if I remove it from the looping scenario. #!/bin/bash # Set the field seperator to a newline ##IFS=" ##" # Loop through the file ##for line in `cat nlist.txt`;do # put the line into a variable. ##dbuser=$line echo "copying plugin..." ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugeye
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

my script doesn't work :(

i have this script and when i ejecute it, the console tell me this " sintax error line 41 unexpected element "}" " is the sintaxis ok? #!/bin/bash if ;then { exit 0; } if ; then { sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start; sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start; php5 & nautilus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keiserx
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in script doesn't work

I am trying to run a script to make a simple modification to a number of similar files. The sed works, but after it runs and the differences are displayed, the script does not read ans to start a renaming script if the user answered Y or y.for i in "$@" do sed -f myfile.sed $i >$i.new diff... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
2 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. If the init script file does not exist, the script tries to use legacy actions. If there is no suitable legacy action found and COMMAND is one of actions specified in LSB Core Specification, input is redirected to the systemctl. Otherwise the command fails with return code 2. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
chkconfig(8), ntsysv(8), systemd(1), systemctl(8), systemd.service(5) Jan 2006 service(8)