Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding DSN for MySql
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding DSN for MySql Post 302753627 by Anupam_Halder on Wednesday 9th of January 2013 05:36:49 AM
Old 01-09-2013
Adding DSN for MySql

Hi ,

I am not sure where to post this. Moderators please move this to right section if needed.

I need to connect to mysql through odbc.

How to add DSN entry for the server in order to use iSQL from shell to connect to MySql DB?

Thanks ans regards,
Anupam

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for adding a table in mysql with 10,000 lines ... pls help

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I need to write a shell script in sql to add 10,000 lines of data in a table . Pls help guys :) ---------- Post updated at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 PM ---------- guys please help !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinumahalingam
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Test new DSN connection to sql server

I installed an odbc driver and created a DSN to connect to a sql server database on AIX 6. I want to know how to test the DSN from the command line. What syntax or commands do I use? ---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:26 AM ---------- OK I figured out how... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jdbrown239
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy UNIX File into a DSN with a specific Format

Hi All , I am new to programming and here is what i am trying to achieve , i am taking a list of mounted filesystems (based on the HLQ) , passing it on to a txt file and then copying the file to a DSN .The code i am using : df | grep WAST.*WASCFG.*ZFS | awk '{print $2}' | sort -o log.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnjanM
5 Replies

5. AIX

I cannot find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX

Where can I find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX AIX Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
iodbctest(1)						       iODBC Driver Manager						      iodbctest(1)

NAME
iodbctest, iodbctestw - iODBC Demonstration programs SYNOPSIS
iodbctest ["DSN=xxxx[;UID=xxxx][;PWD=xxxx][;OPT=value]"] iodbctestw ["DSN=xxxx[;UID=xxxx][;PWD=xxxx][;OPT=value]"] DESCRIPTION
The iodbctest program and iodbtestw programs are simple ODBC sample programs, showing the strength of the ODBC API to connect to any ODBC enabled database, issue SQL commands and retrieve the query results. The iodbctest program uses the standard ODBC API calls to connect using any DSN, but retrieves all results in ASCII mode. The iodbctestw program uses the ODBC Unicode API calls to connect using any DSN, and retrieves all results in Unicode mode. OPTIONS
The iodbctest program uses the SQLDriverConnect function to make a connection using any available ODBC compliant driver. This allows the user to override any ODBC connect attribute in the DSN string. Connect strings should start with either a DSN=xxx or a DRIVER=xxxx attribute optionally followed by other DSN attributes separated by a semicolon e.g: DSN=ora9;UID=scott;PWD=tiger;DATABASE=ora9u Any attributes required for a proper connection that are not entered in the DSN connect string, must be present in the odbc.ini file. If the connect string is passed as an argument to the iodbctest program, the string should be quoted as most shells use the semicolon as their command separator. If the connect string is entered on the interactive prompt, no quotes should be used. After a successful connection has been established, the user is prompted for a SQL command to be send to the database. A SQL command cannot span multiple lines. If the SQL command returns one or more result sets, each result set is fetched using character buffers and displayed in a table. Additionally, the iodbctest program understands a few special commands: qualifiers Show a list of qualifiers using the SQLTables catalog call. owners Show a list of owners using the SQLTables catalog call. tables Show a list of tables using the SQLTables catalog call. types Show a list of tables types using the SQLTables catalog call. datatypes Show a list of data types using the SQLGetTypeInfo catalog call. reconnect Perform a disconnect/reconnect with the information saved during the first SQLDriverConnect. quit (or exit) Exit the program and return to the shell. EXAMPLES
Start the iodbctest program and get a list of DSNs before making a connection: $ iodbctest OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program This program shows an interactive SQL processor Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ? DSN | Driver ----------------------------------------------------------------- ora9 | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver mysql | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver mysqllite | OpenLink Lite for MySQL myodbc | MyODBC Driver pgsql | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver tds | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSN=ora9;PWD=tiger Driver: 05.20.0316 OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (oplodbc.so) SQL> Connect to an Oracle 9 instance which has been previously setup in the odbc.ini file: $ iodbctest "DSN=ora9;UID=scott;PWD=tiger" iODBC Demonstration program This program shows an interactive SQL processor Driver: 05.20.0316 OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (oplodbc.so) SQL>select * from emp ID |NAME -----------------+------------------------------------------- 1 |Record 1 2 |Record 2 2 |Record 3 result set 1 returned 3 rows. SQL> quit COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2009 by OpenLink Software AUTHOR
iODBC Administrator <iodbc@openlinksw.com> 3.52.7 3 August 2005 iodbctest(1)