Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Usbcopy fails with the error message sol-11_1-live-x86.usb is not a multiple of 512 Post 302753493 by taltamir on Wednesday 9th of January 2013 12:31:24 AM
Old 01-09-2013
Usbcopy fails with the error message sol-11_1-live-x86.usb is not a multiple of 512

I am trying to create a live image of solaris 11.1.
I have used
Code:
#pkg image-update

to upgrade from 11 to 11.1 already. (since only 11.1 can make images of 11.1 due to using new grub)

then from within 11.1 I used
Code:
pkg install install distribution-constructor

to get latest usbcopy that should be compatible with the new GRUB

then I tried:
Code:
taltamir@new-host:/tank/share/My Downloads (Software)/Operating Systems/Solaris# usbcopy sol-11_1-live-x86.usb
Found the following USB devices:
0:    /dev/rdsk/c9t0d0p0    1.9 GB    CBM      USB 2.0          8.07
Enter the number of your choice: 0

WARNING: All data on your USB storage will be lost.
Are you sure you want to install to
CBM USB 2.0 8.07, 1900 MB at /dev/rdsk/c9t0d0p0 ?  (y/n) y
lofiadm: size of /tank/share/My Downloads (Software)/Operating Systems/Solaris/sol-11_1-live-x86.usb is not a multiple of 512

Error:

: Failed to lofiadm sol-11_1-live-x86.usb

What is the problem?

Last edited by taltamir; 01-09-2013 at 01:22 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux

I've loaded sol 10, and I left 20 Gig of 70 free, I can't seem to find a straight forward proc. for loading the Linux RH. Does anyone have one, or can they point me to one ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture actual error message when a command fails to execute

I want to capture actual error message in case the commands I use in my shell script fails. For eg: ls -l abc.txt 2>>errorlog.txt In this case I understand the error message is written to the errorlog.txt and I assume its bacause the return code from the command ls -l abc might return 2 if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Live Upgrade - lucreate fails

Hi, I currently have one BE and would like to create an ABE. # lustatus BE_name Complete Active ActiveOnReboot CopyStatus ------------------------------------------------------------------------ coolthreads yes yes yes - But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarousi
3 Replies

4. Solaris

GCC for X86 on SOL 10

Need help with GCC package. I did downloaded the same from sunfreeware.com for i86, however after doing the unzip I am unable to add the same with pkgadd as I am unable to get the sun standard format as SUNWgcc on my system. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't boot from burned Sol 10 x86 DVD

Hi all- I am trying to boot from a Solaris 10 DVD which I burned from the ISO I d/l from Sun(Oracle). I checked the byte counts of the image on Sun's website and my system and they are the same. I and using cdrecord from Schilly and burning the DVD like so: cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 -dao... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

6. Linux

Kexec with Live USB/CD

Hello Recently I found this (for me) really usefull tool kexec which can load a new Kernel while running one. I tested it some times with the same kernel I was running, "rebooting" the system without powering it off at any time :D But I need kexec basically just for live usbs. I want to start... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
17 Replies

7. Solaris

Sol 11 express X86:Dual monitor config,max resolution

Hello! I have some X86 desktop computer with G45 embedded dual-head video. Two monitors can be configured, but with "small" problem: the summ of dimensions in any direction (vert or horis) can't exceed 1680 pix- max sizeof virtual screen area. Attempts to edit "videoram" parameter in xorg.conf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urry_buh
0 Replies

8. BSD

Freebsd live usb

Hello. I'm going to make freebsd live usb based on FreeBSD-8.3-RELEASE-i386-livefs.iso. The iso is 257 Megabytes, but after i copy its content to usb drive its volume increases to 971 Megabytes. I tried different methods of copying (tar,cp,cpio) but with the same result. Could anyone help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
0 Replies

9. Solaris

DH key size must be multiple of 64, and can only range from 512 to 2048 (inclusive).

Hello, I have a set-up in which I am executing a build from Jenkins on a Solaris 10 Server connecting via sshexec task in ANT. On triggering the build, it is throwing below error: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Session.connect: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: DH key size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishant.kansal@
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris Live Media x86 Install

Unix Buddies Burned download to DVD-R. Booted it. It dropped me at a command line. Is it working properly? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris User
7 Replies
EHCI(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   EHCI(4)

NAME
ehci -- USB Enhanced Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
device ehci DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver provides support for the USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface, which is used by USB 2.0 controllers. EHCI controllers are peculiar in that they can only handle the USB 2.0 protocol. This means that they normally have one or more companion controllers (i.e., ohci(4) or uhci(4)) handling USB 1.x devices. Consequently each USB connector is electrically connected to two USB con- trollers. The handling of this is totally automatic, but can be noticed since USB 1.x and USB 2.0 devices plugged in to the same connector appear to connect to different USB busses. SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4), xhci(4) HISTORY
The ehci device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. LOADER TUNABLES
When the kernel has been compiled with options USB_DEBUG, some tunables become available that affect the behavior of ehci. These tunables can be set at the loader(8) prompt before booting the kernel or stored in loader.conf(5). hw.usb.ehci.lostintrbug This tunable enables the lost interrupt quirk. The default value is 0 (off). hw.usb.ehci.iaadbug This tunable enables the EHCI doorbell quirk. The default value is 0 (off). hw.usb.ehci.no_hs This tunable disables USB devices to attach like HIGH-speed ones and will force all attached devices to attach to the FULL- or LOW- speed companion controller. The default value is 0 (off). BSD
March 4, 2012 BSD