Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [SOLVED] Help with new disk but don't know how to add Post 302753459 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 05:08:33 PM
Old 01-08-2013
That's a really weird partition table for /dev/sdb. It's bizzare that it starts at 4, and that it's 'extended' means it's not even intended to have a filesystem inside it, just other partitions.

I don't think adding a new disk is going to help solve your / being 99% full, anyway. Did you ever find the huge file from your other thread?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Solaris

vxvm root disk booting problem - solved with boot -a. How?

Hi All, We had a Sun Netra T1 go down the other day, the root disk was mirrored using vxvm. Upon boot from either disk, we had the following error appear: WARNING: Error writing ufs log state WARNING: ufs log for / changed state to Error WARNING: Please umount(1M) / and run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Storage Need to Add more Disk

Hi, Anyone can help me, just want to confirm, if possible adding a disk storage that we have a RAWDATA with +ASM in our database. If possible, what would you recommend "workaround used" from us to do and the preparation. And also how long the downtime will take. Our disk continuous to grow,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpalero
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation issue Error 25: Disk cannot be read - Solved

Hi all, I guess most of you have seen this error message while installing Solaris 10 on an x86 platform. I got the error message while installing from DVD ISO on my home VMWare ESXi server. It took me a long time to figure the exact issue and a subsequent solution. the solution is very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to change lines and add them if they don't exist..

I've googled the hell out of this, and in my quest to advance my knowledge and expertise in modifying phones to make them more awesome, I ended up here. I've found answers about patterns and whatnot that seem really complex for what I am trying to do, and basically it is this: if the line says... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silentbtdeadly
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] DCMU (disk control and monitor utility) sun fire

Hi , during 2 weeks i´ve been trying to find them. i need DCMU packets for managing internal disks on sun fire x4500 and sun fire x4600 on rhel. i have opened to tickets to myoraclesupport but no answer. please anybody could tell me a link or anythiing?? i´ve been searching and searching... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Add row of numbers

Hi, Trying to add a row of numbers. There are 24 number across. Would like to have column 25 sum each row. 10 3 45 49 0 24... Sum 3 200 3 9 1 3 ...... Sum 9 7 20 9 8 10 ...... Sum Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
5 Replies

8. Solaris

[solved] How to blink faulty disk in Solaris hardware?

Hi Guys, One of two disks in my solaris machine has failed, the name is disk0, this is SUN physical sparc machine But I work remotely, so people working near that physical server are not that technical, so from OS command prompt can run some command to bink faulty disk at front panel of Server.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Solved: Disk Unable to Boot

Update: The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked fsck unable to stat WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0). Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): I am unable to hit control-d to by pass. I... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
50 Replies
PARTX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  PARTX(8)

NAME
partx - telling the kernel about presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. SYNOPSIS
partx [-a|-d|-l] [--type TYPE] [--nr M-N] [partition] disk DESCRIPTION
Given a block device ( disk ) and a partition table type , try to parse the partition table, and list the contents. Optionally add or remove partitions. This is not an fdisk - adding and removing partitions is not a change of the disk, but just telling the kernel about presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. OPTIONS
-a add specified partitions or read disk and add all partitions -d delete specified or all partitions -l list partitions. Note that the all numbers are in 512-byte sectors. --type TYPE Specify the partition type -- dos, bsd, solaris, unixware or gpt. --nr M-N Specify the range of partitions (e.g --nr 2-4). SEE ALSO
addpart(8), delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8) AVAILABILITY
The partx command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. 11 Jan 2007 PARTX(8)