Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Dual NICs - When I 'ifup eth1' it replaces eth0 Post 302753451 by admin_xor on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 04:40:02 PM
Old 01-08-2013
Hi,

Please post the contents of the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

ifcfg-eth0 and eth1 is N/A

when i finish installed rhel 4.4 to my hp dl585 box, ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 is not available.when i ifconfig -a,i can not see the eth0 and eth1, only lo0 and si0. Unlike to the other server i found eth0 and eth1 files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/. what will i do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When is 'ifup' really done?

I have been looking in the scripts for interface management, in an effort to kick off a script of my own on any "significant network event" (I will qualify that in a bit) I managed to add a check to tell netplugd to run my script every time there is a hot-plug event. Now I need to make it so my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a little script in the /etc/network/if-up.d (debian). It should do something and write the output to a log file. But it doesn't seem to work. ifup wlan0 dosomething >> /var/log/dosomething.log I would like to add the date to the output, can somebody help me please? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

controlling traffic source from NIC eth0, eth1 in Linux

Hi Guys, is there a way to send traffic coming from the source iface (eth0, eth1)? i need to test traffic that will come from both eth0 and eth1 from a Linux box. Thanks, Martin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdap
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Reg- eth0,eth1 (ethernet card)

Hi Guys, I am working as a L-1 support and i want to know that are the precaution need to take on eth0(Ethernet card) i heard on production server it is very much important, what are the steps need to observe on this tickets. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

ifconfig , ifdown, ifup

hi there the ethernet wire was out of the pc when the system started. #ifconfig #ifconfig -a i did not get any ip for eth0. i plug the cable into the pc #ifdown eth0 #ifup eth0 now the ip address is assigned to eth0 Question is : IS this right way to bring ethernet down... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubunut iptable not routing trafic between eth1 and eth0

hello, first of all i am new to unix so maybe my problem is very easy for many of you but is very important to me. So the idea is that i want to use a ubuntu 10.4 machine as a router from eth0 to eth1. but the traffic routing is nor working properly i configured the 2 interfaces to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: florin.bv
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Problem in eth0 and eth1 sharing internet with other computers

hellow everbody. iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my desktop and iam new to linux. i have eth0 and eth1 on my desktop. so i have some problems i have menson here: i have edited: etc/sysctl.conf net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 and i have edited iptables too # iptables -t nat -A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Wan on eth1 and Lan on eth0

I have a local network on dev eth0 Server has static IP of 10.0.0.1 Gateway is 10.0.0.1 and Dns is 10.0.0.1 I am using this network for imaging 500 plus computer... Now, Issue that I am having is that I need to update packages and I dont want to change the configuration on eth0 because I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: golpemortal
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

Why eth1 with auto dhcp disturbs pppoe over eth0?

Hi, I use ubuntu 16.04 desktop with ufw (default setup + 22, 80, 443 ports open). I connect directly to ISP using pppoe over eth0. I also have eth1 which when disabled the websites are accessible in browser. When starting eth1 with auto dhcp the websites are no longer accessible in browser (give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrhc
3 Replies
IFSCHEME(8)							     Commands							       IFSCHEME(8)

NAME
ifscheme - scheme control for network interfaces SYNOPSIS
ifscheme [-v] [[-s] newscheme] mapping <interface> script ifscheme-mapping DESCRIPTION
ifscheme allows you to change network configuraton schemes or query the current scheme. It integrates with the ifup(8) command and inter- faces(5). For example, you might use this program to configure a "home" scheme and a "work" scheme for a network device on a laptop. When you move between home and work, a simple command can reconfigure your networking. If you run the program with no parameters, it will tell what the current network scheme is. The ifscheme-mapping utility is used to tell the ifup and ifdown utilities about the current scheme. OPTIONS
-v --verbose Run in verbose mode. This is passed in to the ifup and ifdown programs as well. -l --list list all schemes available/defined in /etc/network/interfaces. newscheme -s newscheme --scheme newscheme Change to a new network configuration scheme. When the scheme is changed, network interfaces that were using the old scheme will be taken down and brought back up to use the new configuration scheme. -s or --scheme are mandatory if newscheme begins with a -. CONFIGURATION
To make the program do anything useful when a scheme is selected, you must edit /etc/network/interfaces to add a mapping for the interface (or interfaces) that can be controlled on a per-scheme basis. Suppose you want to control eth0 in this way. You might have an existing eth0 configuraton in there, such as: auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 To change this so you can chose between static routing and dhcp, replace it with the following (it helps to ifdown the interface first). auto eth0 mapping eth0 script ifscheme-mapping iface eth0-home inet static address 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 iface eth0-work inet dhcp Now if you run "ifscheme home" and ifup the interface, you'll get the eth0-home configuration stanza. If you run "ifscheme work", it will be changed to the eth0-work stanza. You can add additional stanzas as desired, but the label must always be of the form <hardware inter- face>-<scheme name>. If you have a second interface (perhaps a wireless network card on eth1), you can duplicate the above for that interface, changing the eth0 and the configuration details as appropriate, but remember to add an iface stanza for every scheme name for the second interface. FILES
/etc/network/interfaces the interfaces definition file /etc/network/run/scheme the current scheme /etc/network/run/ifstate a record of the current state of the interfaces, managed by ifup and ifdown BUGS
All schemed interfaces will have the same scheme. Any schemed interface which does not have an entry for the current scheme and is not configured when the scheme is changed will not be suc- cessfully configured when it is brought up. SEE ALSO
interfaces(5) ifup(8) ifdown(8) DISTRIBUTION
Redistribution is subject to the GNU public license. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>, Peter Wilson <pwilson@cs.hmc.edu> IFSCHEME(8)