Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to disable/bypass passphrase prompt in ssh? Post 302753443 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 04:23:46 PM
Old 01-08-2013
Injecting passwords is not so much a "security risk" as "completely forgetting the point". Perhaps save yourself some trouble and just remove the password instead.

I expect you could do it with expect, but don't really see any reason to do so. It's no more secure than not having a password.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh - at login Passphrase for key required

Hello, I want to use a shell-script to transfer data over sftp. I donīt find a way to login in automatically. I tried to send the password in a script like possible with ftp sftp user@server << cmd password cd /distant/directory lcd /local/directoryget ssh_install get ( or put) your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olso
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passphrase and ssh authentication

In which case could be better don't use a passphrase creating an authentication key for ssh comunications? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
1 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH passphrase and Password

Hello all, Today we run ssh with keys on all our Solaris systems. But I wounder: Is it possible to add another authentication too. Like the os/system regular password so the users first need to enter the ssh phasssphrase and after that they need to enter the os/system password. I need like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jOOc
3 Replies

4. Solaris

rm -r does not disable interactive prompt

For some reason, when I try to delete files using rm -r, it doesn not disable the interactive prompt. Any ideas? I am on a sun solaris 10 box. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated ssh with provision for passphrase

Below is a part of my shell script. Currently I have shared the public key of the client with the host, therefore I will not be prompted for the password. The key that has been created on the client is also without a passphrase. If it is created with a passphrase, the code I have will not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: farahzaiba
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I bypass the Prompt in SFTP

I am on a sun solaris server and trying to create a script that will test if SFTP is up and running on a remote server (which could be unix or windows). My thought was to simply invoke sftp and if I get the prompt ofr "Password" then that is an indication that the service is running and I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pierluigi22
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh: require passphrase from some servers but not others

We have a number of linux clusters running Oracle. The clusters require that all member nodes have promptless/passwordless login through ssh (ie. the keys were created with null passphrases). We also have a management server that is not a member of any cluster but routinely connects to nodes of all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Squeakygoose
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

ssh passphrase issues - Mac OS X

ssh passphrase permissions issues I will try to be as thorough as possible, but keep in mind I am a designer, not a programmer... I do have linux mdadm experience and am reasonably comfortable behind the terminal, but I may need things to be spelled out for me. I am using 2 new-ish Macs with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ahab the Eskimo
1 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Disable SSH 1.99 version?

Hello. My security audit reconise SSH 1.99 protocol version allowed. But in my sshd_config config is only: SSH version: How can I disable support for ssh protocol 1.99 version? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabalv
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Supply passphrase for ssh in script

I would like to write a bash shell script which will connect to remote server using passphrase. (I have public-private infrastructure created, and as per instruction, I must not use password less ssh). This particular script will be fired from cron. Can you please advice how I can supply the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
2 Replies
OPENNEBULA(1)							   User Commands						     OPENNEBULA(1)

NAME
OpenNebula - OpenNebula occi-storage SYNOPSIS
occi-storage <COMMAND> [OPTIONS] [PARAMETERS] DESCRIPTION
occi-storage - Manages OCCI storage resource OPTIONS
--help, -h Show help --username <id>, -U <id> The username of the user --password <key>, -P <key> The password of the user --url <url>, -R <url> Set url as the web service url to use --timeout <seconds>, -T <seconds> Sets a timeout for the http connection --debug, -D Enables verbosity --multipart, -M Use 'multipart-post' library instead of Curb/Curl --verbose Show resources in verbose mode COMMANDS
create <occi xml file> creates a new storage resource described by the provided <occi xml file> list lists available storage resources show <storage id> retrieves the OCCI XML representation of the storage resource identified by <storage id> update <occi xml file> updates the representation of the storage resource represented by the provided <occi xml file> delete <storage id> deletes the storage resource idenfitied by <storage id> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002-2012, OpenNebula Project Leads (OpenNebula.org) Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 OpenNebula 3.4.1 April 2012 OPENNEBULA(1)