Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support BAD PASSWORD: it is based on a dictionary word Post 302753291 by DGPickett on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 11:11:41 AM
Old 01-08-2013
In all computer stuff, you can pretty much do anything, but you must ask yourself: Should you?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find function name based on word search

Hi All, I want to find out function name based on word. Here i ll give u one example I have several files based on below format. file will start and ends with same name only EX: file1.txt public function calculate1() { ---- ---- call Global Function1() ---- ---- } END... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spc432
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating word based off of contents

Hello everyone, my first post here, please feel free to inform me if my question can be better formatted so my future posts may be more clear. I have a large text file which I need parsed in one specific way, I have done the rest of the processing, I am simply lacking the last aspect of such. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanfx
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch rows based on line numbers or based on the beginning of a word?

I have a file which will have rows like shown below, ST*820*316054716 RMR*IV*11333331009*PO*40.31 REF*IV*22234441009*xsss471-2762 DTM*003*091016 ENT*000006 RMR*IV*2222234444*PO*239.91 REF*IV*1234445451009*LJhjlkhkj471-2762 </SPAN> DTM*003* 091016 RMR*IV*2223344441009*PO*40.31... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
18 Replies

4. Programming

How to create java based dictionary for mobile using data in microsoft excel?

i am having a ms excel file which contains 2 columns, I first column i added words, and in second column meaning to the word in the first column. I want to create a dictionary for mobile like nokia or any java based application running mobile. How it can be created as i, dont know the java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping word based on white space.....

Hi, I am having a text file with following contents: word word I want to grep the first line i.e. word that is being preceded with three space characters. So i tried sed -n '/ {3}/p' filename grep " {3}" filename But is not returning any result. If i don't use {}, then it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl/expect magic ssh dictionary password

Hi gurus, I am trying to do some expect/TCL magic. My goal is to write some kind of password guessing script (nearly similar to dictionary attack against ssh). I read that this could be possible with expect/TCL, I am newbie in this language, its function and its terms so please be patient ;) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting telnet stop on bad username or password

I am trying to build and expect script to log into multiple aix boxes and change password. I need for the script to terminate if it cannot log into a server because the username or password is wrong. #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 1 set host set user set password set uh "Unknown host" set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge mutiple lines into one based on if the first word is some particular value

Hi, trying to knock something together to create one line entries based on whether the first word on each line matches a particular value. eg. Link,"Name=""Something\something"","Timeout=""1800""", "Target=""\\thing\thing\thing""","State=""ONLINE""",something,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamdb
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort words based on word count on each line

Hi Folks :) I have a .txt file with thousands of words. I'm trying to sort the lines in order based on number of words per line. Example from: word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word to desired output: word (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word based upon the file content

I have a file which contains timestamp and date in the second column. If the line contains one of the word then it need to be replace like below. Any help is appreciated. File: a smallint b timestamp c date d varchar O/P: a smallint ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JoshvaPeter
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)